2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

2 minutes ago, Forest187 said:

I would be concerned as a Derby fan though, even with your most bias Derby hat on.

I would be equally concerned as a Forest fan as well, large squad with a bunch of geriatrics and unknown B teamers that Mendes was tasked to flog, not sure if you’re a Only Fools and Horses fan but there’s an episode where Rodney goes and buys a bunch of lawnmower engines. It’s great. Reminds me of Karanka Rodney does.

Talking of Karanka, a manager that plays depressingly dull football in a shed with pink seats on a council allotment whilst still owing their previous owner a whopping £19m.

I mean I could go on like talk about the Forest broccoli badge but that would be petty of me, humorous as it is it’s not really a concern as such, unless it’s that which is preventing kit manufacturers wanting to put their logos next to yours, Macron isn’t it this year? Is that one of those in house Aldi brands?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/07/2018 at 16:56, Forest187 said:

Henderson, Mancienne, Ward & Murphy will all be gone, as will many others of the garbage so make that 6.

I would be concerned as a Derby fan though, even with your most bias Derby hat on.

Current Under 25's

(14) Figuiredo, Osborn, Cash, Clough, Brereton, Lolley, Kapino, Grant, Worrall, Smith, Robinson, Carvalho, Dias, Goncalves

(1) Lawrence

And don't worry I didn't include the ones we are binning like McKay, Ariyibi & Cummings.

At least you aren't being too selective with your picks there. Including 25 year olds for Forest (Lolley) but excluding them for Derby. And including players like Grant who spent last season out on loan but excluding those from Derby's list.

Current Under 25's

(14) Figuiredo, Osborn, Cash, Clough, Brereton, Lolley, Kapino, Grant, Worrall, Smith, Robinson, Carvalho, Dias, Goncalves

(10) Lawrence, Bennett, Lowe, Hanson, Mitchell, Thorne, Thomas, Elsnik, Guy, Wisdom

And that's before we've even made any signings and you've made 7 or 8

10 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Very good signing is Grabban. Not bad value either, especially as he almost beat Vydra to top scorer despite playing for bottom of the league Sunderland for a decent period.

He's a good player no doubt about it .. but he's 30 .. been given a massive 4 year deal.

I understand Forest being excited but they have been here before and so have we... spunking money left,right and centre.

Massive gamble.

They’re certainly backing old Karanka and showing intent, I’d say good luck to ‘em but it’s Forest so my default setting won’t allow such an uttering. 

I think they are going to have a realistic chance of the top 6 mind and will contribute to one of the most exciting end of seasons for a little while.

Signing Grabban on big wages, when he's 30, on a four-year deal IMO is a big gamble.

I understand you want quality to get you over the line, but a four-year deal for a player who will probably only be capable for another 18 months of such form could be a costly risk if you miss out.

You only have to look at Wednesday who went for broke with Steven Fletcher and Jordan Rhodes. They're in a heap of trouble now and need to get players off the wage bill with no takers.

Forest do have plenty of decent young players to fall back on though.

Still, it really looks like they're going all out for promotion this season. 

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Signing Grabban on big wages, when he's 30, on a four-year deal IMO is a big gamble.

I understand you want quality to get you over the line, but a four-year deal for a player who will probably only be capable for another 18 months of such form could be a costly risk if you miss out.

You only have to look at Wednesday who went for broke with Steven Fletcher and Jordan Rhodes. They're in a heap of trouble now and need to get players off the wage bill with no takers.

Never mind Wednesday, you can look at Forest themselves to see it can massively backfire. They gave a 34 year old Daryl Murphy a 3 year deal and he's not really done much for them.

On 03/07/2018 at 18:10, Forest187 said:

and the players we have spent money on should all retain a respectable resale value even if it does go to poo.

How much do you reckon Grabban will be worth in 4 years?

yoo might as well just have taken an option to buy Ross McCormack. 

11 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I am not sure the home grown contingent will be very happy with all the big wages being paid out to others and an opportunity of a place in the team disappearing - we have seen it far to many times 

huge gamble with Grabban with a very short self life and not actually very good with an ability to get everybody at your own club not liking you ( Bournemouth Norwich Bournemouth Sunderland Bournemouth)

6 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I know Franks been busy on the piss in Russia, but have you signed anyone yet? Genuine question

Genuine question, how many of Forests signings did you have to use Wikipedia on before declaring yourselves as Champions this season?

Just now, David said:

Dawson as well, couple of pensioners given one last lifeline before accepting a life of bingo and butchers

Bless em, we'd feel the same if it was us making the signings right, right, please tell me i'm right? 

In all seriousness, we tried this and failed miserably, hopefully they do the same thing.

1 hour ago, Mr Giggles said:

Bless em, we'd feel the same if it was us making the signings right, right, please tell me i'm right? 

In all seriousness, we tried this and failed miserably, hopefully they do the same thing.

I wouldn’t say we failed miserably. We went out in the play offs. Forest would bite your arm off if you offered them that after seasons of the most interesting thing being a flirtation with relegation.

maybe they’ll be found flirting with 6th place this season, bless em. I’m still willing to bet the gap will be just as big though, with super frankie Lampard’s derby county running roughshod over the league. 

Archived