2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

18 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Gil Dias is the only player I’ve ever seen that can’t even be made to look good on a you tube compilation ? 

duck me that's hard to watch.

When a player gets a clip of him shielding the ball out for a throw-in into his "skills and goals" compilation, it speaks volumes!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 15:43, Red_Dawn said:

Yep. Said we could get it cheap seeing as how you lot booked it for the playoffs but didn't get to use it. 

Cheers Derby ?

I remember getting your rooms cheap in London, when you paid non refundable deposits on them after the Yeovil away play off match in 2007 .  Could probably do you a word search of teams you've lost against in the play offs if you like.

Cheers Forest

11 hours ago, badapple7777 said:

Forest fan. Big fan of that site. 

Thank you, we’ve worked hard to make dcfcfans.uk what you see today. Posts like this really drive us on ? 

7 hours ago, GboroRam said:

duck me that's hard to watch.

When a player gets a clip of him shielding the ball out for a throw-in into his "skills and goals" compilation, it speaks volumes!

He looks like nick Blackman

get the ball out wide, head down, cut inside, try a shot ..... and repeat 100 times til everyone, teammates and fans alike are utterly ducked off with u 

23 hours ago, David said:

Thank you, we’ve worked hard to make dcfcfans.uk what you see today. Posts like this really drive us on ? 

This is one of the best forums out there (in terms of its design and structure, debatable regarding its population), but I think the poster was referring to transfermarkt.co.uk ? 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

This is one of the best forums out there (in terms of its design and structure, debatable regarding its population), but I think the poster was referring to transfermarkt.co.uk ? 

09B3D088-08B8-4A55-B445-25555FF64BD3.gif

Signing Sam Byram on loan apparently.

Disappeared from football following his move from Leeds to West Ham in 2016. Could still do well in this league.

1 minute ago, Mr Giggles said:

That's another decent signing there......

Could well be, although if I'm honest I didn't really get the hype about him at Leeds - I was a little perplexed by the West Ham deal. Clearly its gone about as well as I expected.

Should be in the top half of right backs in the league though, assuming he hasn't regressed in his 2 years out of first team football, which is possible. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Could well be, although if I'm honest I didn't really get the hype about him at Leeds - I was a little perplexed by the West Ham deal. Clearly its gone about as well as I expected.

Should be in the top half of right backs in the league though, assuming he hasn't regressed in his 2 years out of first team football, which is possible. 

Definitely an interesting point there - Although he is a dirty, I quite enjoyed him, seems to be a fantastic all round player. 

15 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Signing Sam Byram on loan apparently.

Disappeared from football following his move from Leeds to West Ham in 2016. Could still do well in this league.

The first signing they've made I've genuinely been jealous by. I'd like to see Byram here, with Wisdom moved to CB alongside Keogh & Davies. Nevermind. 

Byram is a very good signing, personally think forest will certainly be challenging this year. As it stands their team is better than ours (if some of these ‘close’ signings come off anyway) imo, we need some incomings to catch up, but we’ve not started yet and I’m sure we’ll see some big moves soon.

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Byram is a very good signing, personally think forest will certainly be challenging this year. As it stands their team is better than ours (if some of these ‘close’ signings come off anyway) imo, we need some incomings to catch up, but we’ve not started yet and I’m sure we’ll see some big moves soon.

They finished 22 points behind us last season. In the grand scheme of things, they've got a long way to go to get to that level. If you normalise it, they would have needed to play 65 games last season to reach 75 points - nearly 20 more games than us. It's a huge, huge jump. I have to say that's completely disregarding the fact they were nearly relegated the season before with much of the same squad. 

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

They finished 22 points behind us last season. In the grand scheme of things, they've got a long way to go to get to that level. If you normalise it, they would have needed to play 65 games last season to reach 75 points - nearly 20 more games than us. It's a huge, huge jump. I have to say that's completely disregarding the fact they were nearly relegated the season before with much of the same squad. 

True but they’ve made/are about to make quite a lot of signings that looking at their pedigree will look to make a big difference. Add that to the fact Karanka is in charge from the start (who is a good manager, plays dire football mind) and that we’re almost certainly going to lose Vydra and you can certainly see why it can be argued they’re stronger than us on paper. Naturally it’s all on paper though, and they’re taking a big risk with all these foreign players because if they can’t adapt they’ll be in serious ffp trouble, with players on big contracts that they cannot shift. (Sounds familiar....). 

Regardless things will be different at the start of the season, just making an observation that they shouldn’t be underestimated, if things go well for them they’ll be top 6 for sure. Still reckon we’ve got some signings up our sleeve to hit back though, somethings telling me we’re going to get Tammy Abraham...

29 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It's alright, no doubt Frank will be working day and night to ensure the right signings come to Derby and in good time

Archived