2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I still think even without signings and Vydra and Weimann going we aren't too far off them in terms of quality in the starting 11. We just really need to improve in attack after the departures, some younger legs in midfield and a new left back

We can't know that really, their Portuguese lads are a complete unknown. Could be world beaters, could be utter kack. 

12 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Forest fan I know reckons that they are getting Bamford for c£16m

Must admit I rate Karanka as a manager, they could be a top tip for automatics this season I'm afraid to say.

Bamford for £16m is outrageous. I can't believe they're actually going through with that.

I heard from folks (backed up less specifically by Nixon) that Boro doubled his value when Forest approached cos of the fee they had to pay for Assombalonga. 

No way Forest are that mad. Wouldn't that make him the most expensive player ever in the league? be about the same price as Ruben Neves! 

35 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Bamford for £16m is outrageous. I can't believe they're actually going through with that.

I heard from folks (backed up less specifically by Nixon) that Boro doubled his value when Forest approached cos of the fee they had to pay for Assombalonga. 

No way Forest are that mad. Wouldn't that make him the most expensive player ever in the league? be about the same price as Ruben Neves! 

We aren't that mad, we allegedly bid £8m last week but it turned out to be untrue and we haven't bid anything. Boro have just said they want £16m.

Grabban is our striker target and looks close to joining.

1 minute ago, Forest187 said:

We aren't that mad, we allegedly bid £8m last week but it turned out to be untrue and we haven't bid anything. Boro have just said they want £16m.

Grabban is our striker target and looks close to joining.

Aye that's what I'd heard. Good signing. 

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Aye that's what I'd heard. Good signing. 

Karanka has been pretty aggressive in targeting him. I never really like signing players his age but pound for pound you aren't getting better value in the league and there isn't many alternatives that wouldn't cost a stupid amount. Assuming he signs that is...

It'll all be wasted if we don't get a quality defensive mid though. Looking like Colback is drifting away.

1 minute ago, Forest187 said:

Karanka has been pretty aggressive in targeting him. I never really like signing players his age but pound for pound you aren't getting better value in the league and there isn't many alternatives that wouldn't cost a stupid amount. Assuming he signs that is...

It'll all be wasted if we don't get a quality defensive mid though. Looking like Colback is drifting away.

I'm not sure it'll all be wasted. You're not in one season or bust territory, I don't think. And improving from where you've been for the last few years to promotion is not something easily done in one window.

I think serious questions need to be asked if you're not top 10 next season, but panicking shouldn't be necessary if top 10 is the maximum improvement you manage in this one season.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'm not sure it'll all be wasted. You're not in one season or bust territory, I don't think. And improving from where you've been for the last few years to promotion is not something easily done in one window.

I think serious questions need to be asked if you're not top 10 next season, but panicking shouldn't be necessary if top 10 is the maximum improvement you manage in this one season.

Questions will be asked, infact Karanka will probably be gone. I like to think not because he is the kick up the arse the club has needed for years. Everything has been too easy for the players, he came in and made it difficult for players and I think he made his mind up about a lot of them after a few weeks. He's a bit different to other managers.

As for poo or bust territory, I don't think we will be in danger any time soon. While the business looks big on paper we would have still cut our wage bill this season assuming we get rid of the deadwood (Cummings, McKay, Vellios, Ward, Traore, Manceinne) and the players we have spent money on should all retain a respectable resale value even if it does go to poo.

21 hours ago, Forest187 said:

Questions will be asked, infact Karanka will probably be gone. I like to think not because he is the kick up the arse the club has needed for years. Everything has been too easy for the players, he came in and made it difficult for players and I think he made his mind up about a lot of them after a few weeks. He's a bit different to other managers.

As for poo or bust territory, I don't think we will be in danger any time soon. While the business looks big on paper we would have still cut our wage bill this season assuming we get rid of the deadwood (Cummings, McKay, Vellios, Ward, Traore, Manceinne) and the players we have spent money on should all retain a respectable resale value even if it does go to poo.

Forest are in the newlyweds period of new owners wanting to give promotion a real go, take this club back where it belongs etc etc.

Assuming their seriously backing the club it'll be 2-3 seasons before the fall back has to start.

1 hour ago, Forest187 said:

Remind me David, how many first team players do you have under 25?

Should we wait until the window closes to do a final count? Seems fair, although last season the rules were laugh at all the over 30’s at Derby, I propose we change the number to 30.

1 hour ago, David said:

Should we wait until the window closes to do a final count? Seems fair, although last season the rules were laugh at all the over 30’s at Derby, I propose we change the number to 30.

My general point was it is incredibly ironic for Derby fans to be laughing at Forest for signing a player that is 30.

1 hour ago, Forest187 said:

My general point was it is incredibly ironic for Derby fans to be laughing at Forest for signing a player that is 30.

Not when you’re heading down the same path that you were laughing at us for.

Current Over 30’s 

(10) Henderson, Mancienne, Soudani, Pantilimon, Fox, Ward, Guedioura, Watson, Dawson, Murphy

(11) Olsson, Anya, Johnson, Ledley, Huddlestone, Bryson, Jerome, Keogh, Carson, Nugent, Davies

Signing Grabban would even things up nicely, although a Bryson departure would see you edge in front in the geriatric count. 

33 first team players Forest have, ouch, at least those that can’t get a game can fill some of those empty pink seats! ?

16 minutes ago, David said:

Not when you’re heading down the same path that you were laughing at us for.

Current Over 30’s 

(10) Henderson, Mancienne, Soudani, Pantilimon, Fox, Ward, Guedioura, Watson, Dawson, Murphy

(11) Olsson, Anya, Johnson, Ledley, Huddlestone, Bryson, Jerome, Keogh, Carson, Nugent, Davies

Signing Grabban would even things up nicely, although a Bryson departure would see you edge in front in the geriatric count. 

33 first team players Forest have, ouch, at least those that can’t get a game can fill some of those empty pink seats! ?

Henderson, Mancienne, Ward & Murphy will all be gone, as will many others of the garbage so make that 6.

I would be concerned as a Derby fan though, even with your most bias Derby hat on.

Current Under 25's

(14) Figuiredo, Osborn, Cash, Clough, Brereton, Lolley, Kapino, Grant, Worrall, Smith, Robinson, Carvalho, Dias, Goncalves

(1) Lawrence

And don't worry I didn't include the ones we are binning like McKay, Ariyibi & Cummings.

Archived