2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

5 hours ago, David said:

Genuine question, how many of Forests signings did you have to use Wikipedia on before declaring yourselves as Champions this season?

Because not knowing the player definitely makes them poo and overpriced..

Rather be signing good young players from abroad than some tried and tested journeymen from the PL.. 

Didn't answer my question though. Who have you signed? Clearly if youre going to compete next year you're going to have to make serious improvements. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Rather be signing good young players from abroad than some tried and tested journeymen from the PL.. 

And how do you know they are good?

23 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Didn't answer my question though. Who have you signed? Clearly if youre going to compete next year you're going to have to make serious improvements. 

The only player who was a big part of last season who we've lost is Weimann. And I'm sure you noticed Rowett split opinions quite a bit with Derby fans, but we still managed to finish top 6. We all want improvements and some exciting signings, but the team is near enough the same as last season so why do you think we are in a position where serious improvements are so desperately needed? We'll need drastic change if Lampard feels the current lot can't play the style he wants, but the team we have is still a strong one in my opinion

Carson is amongst the top keepers in the league

Keogh and Davies is one of the better centre back partnerships in the league

Wisdom can certainly hold his own with some of the better right backs

Huddlestone is still a top player, especially for this level

Lawrence had a slow start, but he looks like he'll be a fantastic winger at this level

Vydra was the top scorer last season

And then we've got players who haven't been in great form in recent times, but have been top players in this league not so long ago so with a new manager and a bit of confidence, some of them might get back to their best, hopefully. (Bryson, Martin, Johnson, Butterfield, Thorne etc.) 

12 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

The only player who was a big part of last season who we've lost is Weimann. And I'm sure you noticed Rowett split opinions quite a bit with Derby fans, but we still managed to finish top 6. We all want improvements and some exciting signings, but the team is near enough the same as last season so why do you think we are in a position where serious improvements are so desperately needed? We'll need drastic change if Lampard feels the current lot can't play the style he wants, but the team we have is still a strong one in my opinion

Carson is amongst the top keepers in the league

Keogh and Davies is one of the better centre back partnerships in the league

Wisdom can certainly hold his own with some of the better right backs

Huddlestone is still a top player, especially for this level

Lawrence had a slow start, but he looks like he'll be a fantastic winger at this level

Vydra was the top scorer last season

And then we've got players who haven't been in great form in recent times, but have been top players in this league not so long ago so with a new manager and a bit of confidence, some of them might get back to their best, hopefully. (Bryson, Martin, Johnson, Butterfield, Thorne etc.) 

Fair enough! If you're happy with making zero progress in the transfer market that's fine I guess.. Sometimes I've wanted a manager to come and work with what he has.

Doubt Vydra will be with you for much longer mind you. I imagine the lack of signings are for a different reason that Frank necessarily being happy with what he's got though. Quite an obvious one. 

Just now, Red_Dawn said:

Fair enough! If you're happy with making zero progress in the transfer market that's fine I guess.. Sometimes I've wanted a manager to come and work with what he has.

Doubt Vydra will be with you for much longer mind you. I imagine the lack of signings are for a different reason that Frank necessarily being happy with what he's got though. Quite an obvious one. 

I don't think any of us are happy with the lack of progress, but I just don't think our squad is in need of serious improvements other than at left back and a couple of forward minded players. I think the big concern is that all the noise coming out from interviews suggests Frank wants us to play a high-energy, possession based style with a lot of pressing, but the team Rowett put together was all for sitting deep and trying to counter attack. So we need changes to fit the style rather than because the team isn't good enough in terms of quality. 

As for Vydra, it's a strange one. He's once again not been involved in training today, but news has recently come out that Leeds may be ending their pursuit of Vydra because he's changed his wage demands and wants even more money from them. And I'm with you, I'm sure Frank isn't satisfied with what he has, but he can't make any huge signings until Vydra's future is sorted. It would leave us in quite a mess if Frank went and spent £15 mil on people like Marriott, Waghorn, McGinn etc. and then Vydra ended up staying. And Prem teams won't be wanting to loan players out until their business is sorted, plus for us Chelsea haven't even sorted out their manager situation yet, so there won't be much movement between them and us until that's done I imagine. There has been a little bit of activity for us though, so it would seem like Frank has at least a small chunk to spend even without Vydra's departure. We had a bid rejected for Jozefzoon and he was left out of their friendly so there seem to be some substance to that. We went in late for Burke at West Ham but couldn't guarantee him first team football so he made the smart choice and went to Hull. And there's still talk about us and Norwich having offers (unknown if loan or permanent) accepted for Palmer.

Just now, Red_Dawn said:

Its ok though. If Vydra does leave and you can't get anyone in, still got Nugent and Jerome.. ?

As depressing as that sounds, our man Nugent got the same number of goals as your top scorer last season ?

But yeah, we really need a new striker because those 2 do not fill me with much confidence 

34 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

How did January’s mass signing spree work out for you?

Makes me chuckle that all these signings are the dogs balls if u listen to them all rattling on about it... best thing out of Portugal since ronaldo one of them apparently 

Karankas signings in January, the likes of tomlin, figeroa, pantillmon, Watson, colback and co got them to the very loft place of just below mid table .... and was it 2 wins from the last 10 games after he threw down the gauntlet to them in the NEP of winning all ten 

LMFAO 

But the truly amaze me, it’s almost as if they’ve completely forgot like us they’ve completely wazzed money up the wall on utter tripe years gone by and just start running their gums, let’s hope it ends the same way as the last however many times lol 

4 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

As depressing as that sounds, our man Nugent got the same number of goals as your top scorer last season ?

But yeah, we really need a new striker because those 2 do not fill me with much confidence 

Want a bet that'll be the next season? ?

16 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Its ok though. If Vydra does leave and you can't get anyone in, still got Nugent and Jerome.. ?

Pretty unlikely for both those to happen, either he does go and we have dough for incoming players, or he doesn't and we can still wheel him out for 25 seconds vs forest.

Can't believe how many Forest fans seem more interested in Derbys lack of signings, rather than go on about their latest bus load of players. Don't let it affect you lads, move on and focus on that open top bus come next May.

Makes me laugh how they’ve signed all of these attacking flair players, yet Karanka is probably the most negative, defensive manager in the league. 

I bet the Portuguese Boy wonders can’t wait to chase the Dawson hoof balls for 90 minutes. 

Archived