2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

Sith Happens
20 hours ago, Forest187 said:

We have been chasing him for a long while now and he really looks the business. Out of all the players we have signed, this guy is the one I am most excited about.

It's worth noting too he isn't a striker, he's a winger. He average's a goal every other game at every level (international & club) he's played out from out wide and has turned down a lot of offers (in China & Saudi in particular) to come here.

Hopefully for us he will surprise a few people.

To be fair it was the promise his family home wouldn't meet a firey demise if he signed for forest. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Coconut said:

Well if this isn't a post to bookmark, I don't know what is!

His scoring record is good, albeit it mainly in the Croatian league. I'm not sure saying that he's turned down offers in China & Saudi is all that much to boast about tbh!

I'd have to ask why, starting with the 2013/14 season he's only managed to appear in 64 of Zagreb's 180 matches, or  his highest number of appearances for club and country combined in any one season is 27.

Injuries? He's the Algerian Adam Le Fondre and simply isn't good enough at anything other than scoring to be worth playing regularly? Is he cut out for the Championship or will he be just as bad as the Algerians brought in by Al Hasawi?

Only time will tell.

Feel free to bookmark. When he gets infront of bambi on ice AKA Andre Wisdom to score a backpost winner at Pride Park i'll be sure to bring it up.

Dunno where you are getting your stats from. He's "only appeared in 64 of Zagreb's 180 matches" yet played 196 games for them since the time you mentioned.

And I can guarantee he will be better than Djebbour & Abdoun, that whole thing was a farce.

22 minutes ago, Forest187 said:

Feel free to bookmark. When he gets infront of bambi on ice AKA Andre Wisdom to score a backpost winner at Pride Park i'll be sure to bring it up.

Dunno where you are getting your stats from. He's "only appeared in 64 of Zagreb's 180 matches" yet played 196 games for them since the time you mentioned.

And I can guarantee he will be better than Djebbour & Abdoun, that whole thing was a farce.

To be fair, everything forest touched during that period was a farce. Next season could go either way at the minute. Hoping the farce continues. 

25 minutes ago, Forest187 said:

Will he be as good as Robbie Findlay though, that is the question?

44 minutes ago, Forest187 said:

My mistake, you're right. I foolishly trusted the Soccer Base website! That's the last time I'll do that!

Feel free to get yourself all excited.

PS, I'm not sure you understand how to apply the Bambi on Ice insult properly.

1 minute ago, dcfcfan1 said:

I put forest favourite at the moment to go up, on paper

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

16 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

I put forest favourite at the moment to go up, on paper. But football aint played on paper. The relegated teams dont have their poo together, think they will be weak relative to previous years

Why on earth would you think this?

1 hour ago, dcfcfan1 said:

I put forest favourite at the moment to go up, on paper. But football aint played on paper. The relegated teams dont have their poo together, think they will be weak relative to previous years

You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that but weren't you the guy/gal who last year seemed to be going on about how good Villa and most other teams around us were etc?

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that but weren't you the guy/gal who last year seemed to be going on about how good Villa and most other teams around us were etc?

In all fairness, boro, villa fulham were all better than us.

Villa would have finished 2nd with a decent manager. Bruce is a manager that relies on his team being 10000x better than the rest just to scrape promotion from the play offs, Any half decent manager would have got Villa promoted last year

1 hour ago, dcfcfan1 said:

In all fairness, boro, villa fulham were all better than us.

Villa would have finished 2nd with a decent manager. Bruce is a manager that relies on his team being 10000x better than the rest just to scrape promotion from the play offs, Any half decent manager would have got Villa promoted last year

Yes but my point is you may possibly be too anxious about our opponents. 

13 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Signed that lanky GK they had on loan last season. Pantie Mon.

Their team is near enough complete starting 11 wise now, just a striker like Grabban and then Byram to sign and they're about done

cb1206abd77ba6ac3f2ca638d3873df2.png

I still think even without signings and Vydra and Weimann going we aren't too far off them in terms of quality in the starting 11. We just really need to improve in attack after the departures, some younger legs in midfield and a new left back

98fa9830d6024d20ab3e452d3cf968b2.png

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Their team is near enough complete starting 11 wise now, just a striker like Grabban and then Byram to sign and they're about done

cb1206abd77ba6ac3f2ca638d3873df2.png

I still think even without signings and Vydra and Weimann going we aren't too far off them in terms of quality in the starting 11. We just really need to improve in attack after the departures, some younger legs in midfield and a new left back

98fa9830d6024d20ab3e452d3cf968b2.png

Agree.

What program are you doing that on? I want something that'll look nice when the inevitable formation thread pops up following the transfer window closing.

Nixon tweeting Birmingham are throwing £5m into the hat for Grabban, if true, Forest or Birmingham, comes down to what colour shirt do you fancy for the relegation battle red or blue. I’d go blue, proper old school ground as well. 

Archived