2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think this could be the season both Forest and Derby get in the top 6. Hate to say it but those Portuguese lads look good and will terrorise some teams if used correctly. However will Karanka get the best out of them? He doesn’t really get the most out of flair players - Traore is an example of that. May have a strong front 4 to be reckoned with but supported by a two of either Colback Guedioura Bridcutt or Watson - They can definitely be got at, target them and you could starve their front 4 of the ball.

11 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Forest won’t be pretty, but under Karanka and heavy investment they’re certs to be up there.

Derby on the other hand... The jury is out. I’ve seen how a fair few of our players struggle when they’re tasked with controlling the ball, playing pass-and-move football, dictating play etc.

If they couldn’t do it under McClaren, I’m not sure why some are expecting any different under Lampard.

Do you actually ever shut up? 

12 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Forest won’t be pretty, but under Karanka and heavy investment they’re certs to be up there.

Derby on the other hand... The jury is out. I’ve seen how a fair few of our players struggle when they’re tasked with controlling the ball, playing pass-and-move football, dictating play etc.

If they couldn’t do it under McClaren, I’m not sure why some are expecting any different under Lampard.

Smartest poster on here by a country mile.. ?

13 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Who’s “they”? Mount, Wilson, Ledley, Huddlestone, Thomas, Bogle, Davies and Marriott weren’t around when Mac was last here.

Of those who struggled the most, Weimann and Bent have left the club and Johnson looks to be further down the pecking order.

So it’s not fair to say that Derby fans are expecting different results with the same set of players.

37 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Who’s “they”? Mount, Wilson, Ledley, Huddlestone, Thomas, Bogle, Davies and Marriott weren’t around when Mac was last here.

Of those who struggled the most, Weimann and Bent have left the club and Johnson looks to be further down the pecking order.

So it’s not fair to say that Derby fans are expecting different results with the same set of players.

Even Johnson I thought was a right off. But I’m starting to like the idea of the ‘championships fellaini’. Especially with someone like waghorn delivering the crosses. On 70 mins, we’re finding a team difficult to break down with our beautiful passing, send Johnson on, and start peppering the box with crosses, and playing for corners. It’s not a bad plan b. It’s not pretty, but you have to have the ability to win ugly sometimes (as long as it’s not the norm). 

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:09, Duracell said:

Well said, unfortunately it won't stop him ignoring those facts.

On 26/07/2018 at 20:53, Bris Vegas said:

Worth a bump after yesterday I think.

Had a nosy on the Forest forum to see if they were linked with any new players and ventured into the Derby thread. Some chap with the username Steve Stone's Mullett appears to have information no media or anyone on here has got a hold of, that Martin is refusing to leave as he has purchased an expensive house in Quarndon and his family is settled. Not the most far fetched rumour in the world to be fair, but I wouldn't have expected it to come from some random bloke on the Forest forum. Would sort of explain why the QPR links just seemed to go quiet

Plenty of mentions about Keogh as usual and how we've not addressed the issue that is centre defence. Since Clough left we've had a better defensive record than them every season and our worst position on the goals conceded table has been 7th. There was also mention of Davies not being able to read the game very well, at least not as well as Dawson

And there was a bit of chatter about how our massive squad will create unhappiness within the team. Possibly true and we're all hoping we see some move on, but Forest aren't exactly blessed with a small tight knit squad

Derby: Carson, Mitchell, Roos, Forsyth, Keogh, Davies, Wisdom, Pearce, Lowe, Olsson, Hanson, Bryson, Jozefzoon, Anya, Lawrence, Johnson, Butterfield, Bennett, Blackman, Thorne, Ledley, Huddlestone, Thomas, Mount, Wilson, Martin, Vydra, Nugent, Jerome, Marriott and soon to include Evans. Total = 31. We definitely need a handful sold or loaned out

Forest: Pantillimon, Smith, Kapino, Evtimov, Henderson, Figueredo, Fox, Darikwa, Lam, Worrall, Dawson, Robinson, Mancienne, Guedioura, Bridcutt, Osborn, Cash, Colback, Lolley, Watson, Carvalho, Dias, Goncalves, Ariyibi, McKay, Yates, Ward, Murphy, Brereton, Grabban, Soudani, Clough and Vellios. Total = 33. 

?‍♂️

6 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Had a nosy on the Forest forum to see if they were linked with any new players and ventured into the Derby thread. Some chap with the username Steve Stone's Mullett appears to have information no media or anyone on here has got a hold of, that Martin is refusing to leave as he has purchased an expensive house in Quarndon and his family is settled. Not the most far fetched rumour in the world to be fair, but I wouldn't have expected it to come from some random bloke on the Forest forum. Would sort of explain why the QPR links just seemed to go quiet

Plenty of mentions about Keogh as usual and how we've not addressed the issue that is centre defence. Since Clough left we've had a better defensive record than them every season and our worst position on the goals conceded table has been 7th. There was also mention of Davies not being able to read the game very well, at least not as well as Dawson

And there was a bit of chatter about how our massive squad will create unhappiness within the team. Possibly true and we're all hoping we see some move on, but Forest aren't exactly blessed with a small tight knit squad

Derby: Carson, Mitchell, Roos, Forsyth, Keogh, Davies, Wisdom, Pearce, Lowe, Olsson, Hanson, Bryson, Jozefzoon, Anya, Lawrence, Johnson, Butterfield, Bennett, Blackman, Thorne, Ledley, Huddlestone, Thomas, Mount, Wilson, Martin, Vydra, Nugent, Jerome, Marriott and soon to include Evans. Total = 31. We definitely need a handful sold or loaned out

Forest: Pantillimon, Smith, Kapino, Evtimov, Henderson, Figueredo, Fox, Darikwa, Lam, Worrall, Dawson, Robinson, Mancienne, Guedioura, Bridcutt, Osborn, Cash, Colback, Lolley, Watson, Carvalho, Dias, Goncalves, Ariyibi, McKay, Yates, Ward, Murphy, Brereton, Grabban, Soudani, Clough and Vellios. Total = 33. 

?‍♂️

Don’t bring common sense and facts into an argument with a Forest fan, you’ll only confuse and upset the poor creature 

6 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

You missed Bogle.

We need to get the squad down by at least 6 by the end of August ideally.

7 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Forest: Pantillimon, Smith, Kapino, Evtimov, Henderson, Figueredo, Fox, Darikwa, Lam, Worrall, Dawson, Robinson, Mancienne, Guedioura, Bridcutt, Osborn, Cash, Colback, Lolley, Watson, Carvalho, Dias, Goncalves, Ariyibi, McKay, Yates, Ward, Murphy, Brereton, Grabban, Soudani, Clough and Vellios.

Don't know how anyone can look at that squad and say "Forest will definitely be up there" like I've read from some on here!

10th at best.

At least 4 Forest players being moved on though there. Ward is training eith Sheff Utd, McKay has gone to Swansea for 500k and Velios, Clough, Ariyibi and Mancienne should all be moved on before the end of the window. Shame for Clough as I thinkhe probably has something to offer...Probably pays the price for not nailing down a true position.

As for our chances...I'd say we have a decent chance for a top 6 push. Couple of reports I've read and heard is that we played well against Bournemouth, particularly the young Portuguese lads with Carvalho in particular looking electric. Seems to be a good mix of youth and experience. 

Lots of strong looking teams in the league though and nobody strikes me as huge favourites.

Archived