I am itching to see signings

35 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

no next seasons Butterfield and Anya

Maddison has assisted more goals in one season than the pair of them in their footballing careers and Marriott has scored more than the pair of them consistently. Neither are a flash in the pan like butters, bogle and Blackman were having a purple spell but have done it year in year. Sure I read Maddison is the top assisted in the football league for 3 years on the trot or something but can’t say for certain

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in no rush .. want to see who leaves and then what gaps he will want to fill. 

Am certain Frank and Jody will attract so much more interest and enthusiasm than previous encumbents ! Expect the final week of the window to be busy. 

(“Frank and Jody” .. has a ring to it .. can’t think why ??)

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Lampard can perfectly capably stay in contact with the staff at Derby, and with any potential signings, while he is in Russia. The internet exists. Phones exist.

I'm not saying we will make signings during Lampard's stay in Russia but if we dont it wont be because he's there.

Don’t forget the drones ?

56 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Maddison has assisted more goals in one season than the pair of them in their footballing careers and Marriott has scored more than the pair of them consistently. Neither are a flash in the pan like butters, bogle and Blackman were having a purple spell but have done it year in year. Sure I read Maddison is the top assisted in the football league for 3 years on the trot or something but can’t say for certain

I was being ironic,but if what your saying is true makes you wonder why nobody has taken a chance 

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Marriott

12/13 - 12 goals on the conference

15/16 - 14 goals in league 2

16/17 - 9 goals in league 2

17/18 - 27 goals in league 1 

Only 5 goals in the years in between and looks like he’s had the season of his career. Nothing to suggest he can perform as well in the championship and could be a massive risk. 

Maddison however defitnepy is a talent. Been consistent with his goals since joining Peterborough 4 years ago, and has a exceptional record for assists over the last 3 years

2 hours ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

I would have thought theyd have the final say. But im guessing the head of youth devolopment/ or similar role does most of the work

given the amount of high profile ins and outs in recent years when they have been between managers, and have recently saked one coach, then chelsea more than any club is most definately a club where the transfer policy has nothing to do with the head coach. the coach coaches the players which someone else decides on the transfer policy

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Marriott

12/13 - 12 goals on the conference

15/16 - 14 goals in league 2

16/17 - 9 goals in league 2

17/18 - 27 goals in league 1 

Only 5 goals in the years in between and looks like he’s had the season of his career. Nothing to suggest he can perform as well in the championship and could be a massive risk. 

Maddison however defitnepy is a talent. Been consistent with his goals since joining Peterborough 4 years ago, and has a exceptional record for assists over the last 3 years

I agree it’s a risk, what transfer isnt? He’s still 23 I think yet 50 goals in last 3 seasons is a pretty good return. Vydra hasn’t scored that many I don’t think and I doubt many have over the last 3 years. 

I guess it all depends on cost. Nuge and cam cost us £4 mil. How much do you think we could get for them? One good season, in fact one reasonable season ala Watkins and he could double or even treble in value

its just my opinion but negative equity buys like we keep making aren’t going to future proof this clubs success

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I am impatient every single transfer window, hoping to see us splash the cash early, I like the idea of having a settled side before pre-season starts to give the manager time to get his tactics sorted.  We always tend to leave things rather late.

This season my impatience is more down to damn right excitement, I cannot wait to see who Lampard and Morris bring in.  Will we rely on loans? do we have league 1 or 2 talent lined up? Or will we see some Harry Redknapp type signings such as Defoe/Crouch?

With the dirties down the road about to sign Marriott (what a signing) and also about to splash the cash on 2 Portugese lads I really want to shut up their inevitable gloating!

@mackworthramisgod you are going to be red raw this year 

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

I agree it’s a risk, what transfer isnt? He’s still 23 I think yet 50 goals in last 3 seasons is a pretty good return. Vydra hasn’t scored that many I don’t think and I doubt many have over the last 3 years. 

I guess it all depends on cost. Nuge and cam cost us £4 mil. How much do you think we could get for them? One good season, in fact one reasonable season ala Watkins and he could double or even treble in value

its just my opinion but negative equity buys like we keep making aren’t going to future proof this clubs success

I suspect that if Vydra had played in those lower divisions he would have!

Would mind Frank getting on the phone for this one...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/06/mini-messi-marcus-edwards-seeking-exit-tottenham-hotspur-this-summer

Marcus Edwards will seek a move away from Tottenham this summer, having reluctantly accepted that his chance of a first-team breakthrough under Mauricio Pochettino has gone.

The 19-year-old attacking midfielder has the reputation as one of England’s most exciting talents for his age, despite playing only 15 minutes for Spurs’ senior side. He has starred for England’s youth teams from under-16 to under-20 level...

Just now, ramsbottom said:

Would mind Frank getting on the phone for this one...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/06/mini-messi-marcus-edwards-seeking-exit-tottenham-hotspur-this-summer

Marcus Edwards will seek a move away from Tottenham this summer, having reluctantly accepted that his chance of a first-team breakthrough under Mauricio Pochettino has gone.

The 19-year-old attacking midfielder has the reputation as one of England’s most exciting talents for his age, despite playing only 15 minutes for Spurs’ senior side. He has starred for England’s youth teams from under-16 to under-20 level...

Allegedly turned up late for a few training sessions and has a poor attitude ***this is what I heard online and is to be taken with a huge amount of salt*** did he play much for Norwich?

9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I am impatient every single transfer window, hoping to see us splash the cash early, I like the idea of having a settled side before pre-season starts to give the manager time to get his tactics sorted.  We always tend to leave things rather late.

This season my impatience is more down to damn right excitement, I cannot wait to see who Lampard and Morris bring in.  Will we rely on loans? do we have league 1 or 2 talent lined up? Or will we see some Harry Redknapp type signings such as Defoe/Crouch?

With the dirties down the road about to sign Marriott (what a signing) and also about to splash the cash on 2 Portugese lads I really want to shut up their inevitable gloating!

I don't really care who Florist, or Fester, Stoke or any other club sign. I'm more concerned that if we do make any signings, they are ones that will bring down the average age of the team and be better than what we already have. Much better !!

Just now, europia said:

I don't care who Florist sign. I'm more concerned that if we do make any signings, they are ones that will bring down the average age of the team and be better than what we already have. Much better !!

The average age of the team - thanks to Roger!

Archived