I am itching to see signings

I am impatient every single transfer window, hoping to see us splash the cash early, I like the idea of having a settled side before pre-season starts to give the manager time to get his tactics sorted.  We always tend to leave things rather late.

This season my impatience is more down to damn right excitement, I cannot wait to see who Lampard and Morris bring in.  Will we rely on loans? do we have league 1 or 2 talent lined up? Or will we see some Harry Redknapp type signings such as Defoe/Crouch?

With the dirties down the road about to sign Marriott (what a signing) and also about to splash the cash on 2 Portugese lads I really want to shut up their inevitable gloating!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't hold your breath too long. Lampard is off to the world cup as a pundit and the purse strings are reported to be quite tight.

I feel a few out before many in. Bear in mind he will have to access who he has and wants to keep, you could be in for a long wait

I'm keen to see who he gets rid of.

This will give an idea of the new direction. Like many I would love to see young players in but the championship is a tough league and they will need to be surrounded by some experience. 

Probably 6-7 we could offload to make room for fresh energy. 

Lampard can perfectly capably stay in contact with the staff at Derby, and with any potential signings, while he is in Russia. The internet exists. Phones exist.

I'm not saying we will make signings during Lampard's stay in Russia but if we dont it wont be because he's there.

22 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I am impatient every single transfer window, hoping to see us splash the cash early, I like the idea of having a settled side before pre-season starts to give the manager time to get his tactics sorted.  We always tend to leave things rather late.

This season my impatience is more down to damn right excitement, I cannot wait to see who Lampard and Morris bring in.  Will we rely on loans? do we have league 1 or 2 talent lined up? Or will we see some Harry Redknapp type signings such as Defoe/Crouch?

With the dirties down the road about to sign Marriott (what a signing) and also about to splash the cash on 2 Portugese lads I really want to shut up their inevitable gloating!

How do you know Marriot is going to them?

I realise Frank has lots of videos to watch (I assume he has been watching all last seasons matches on video) and I know our limitations due to purse strings etc.

But I can't help being so much more interested this year, not just on the new signings, but on who he chooses to release/sell

I am a child …. lol

I agree that early signings are better just because theyll have pre season to bed in. I know franks away for world cup but this is were backroom staff will come in, acessing the squad, then reporting back to frank.

As for signings im not sure how much if any money he has to spend but im not really fussed about this cos he would have been made aware of this before he accepted the job.

Not even sure he'll use his chelsea contacts. Im sure whoever frank phones up they'll listen.

1 minute ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

I agree that early signings are better just because theyll have pre season to bed in. I know franks away for world cup but this is were backroom staff will come in, acessing the squad, then reporting back to frank.

As for signings im not sure how much if any money he has to spend but im not really fussed about this cos he would have been made aware of this before he accepted the job.

Not even sure he'll use his chelsea contacts. Im sure whoever frank phones up they'll listen.

I also think the assumptions he will use Chelsea could be wrong.

Not sure Conte was even there when Lamps was so doubt that will mean anything.

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I also think the assumptions he will use Chelsea could be wrong.

Not sure Conte was even there when Lamps was so doubt that will mean anything.

Since when has the head coach at chelsea ever had anything to do with players coming in or going out?

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

They're this year's Bogle and Hourihane, aren't they?! 

Probably more like Ollie Watkins and bobby Reid I reckon and I too would be gutted if we aren’t in for them let alone they went to forest. 

Personally want to see a few loan signings from the premier and a few permanent from league one/promoted teams that are young

Archived