Lets be Frank

nfb

Lets be Frank ?  

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already seeing the impact. 

There’s a buzz around the club. All eyes are on Derby and Frank has become the poster boy of the EFL.

The clubs profile has improved over night, I imagine we’ll get more tv coverage and overall exposure. 

Okay that’s the business side but what about the football side?

Personally I think taking care of business allows you better opportunities on the pitch. 

The only thing we didn’t know yet is what impact his coaching and managerial style will have. 

I’m optimistic. 

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr too early to categorically say it's been a shrewd appointment from a football side of things.  But considering it's given the whole club, and 95% of fans a massive lift, I'm in the yes camp.  Yes he's untried but even a semi decent coaching team should be able to get us playing a better brand of football than what was served up the past 18 months... 

For the past few years, football fans have always wanted us to fail..

It's nice to now have a well liked manager in where football fans in general will get behind us and will won't Lampard and us to do well.

This has got a real good feel to it and I'm excited to see how this pans out..

I think it is a good appointment. 

Of course I could be wrong and won't be telling everyone that we have the next Brian Clough. I've been watching Derby for too many years to start predicting what will or won't happen, but he will have my support for as long as he's the manager.

3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Pretty sceptical about the appointment, but voted for on the fence. 

It's impossible to say whether he is or isn't a good appointment. On the basis of what?

Merely for the increased level of interest to date and the "wonder what might happen" effect I think this has been a good appointment - even if he were to be sacked before a game is played!

Forget the unknown for a moment - consider 2 key differences from the previous regime

1. He talks about fast flowing football, and hires an assistant actually known for fast, flowing football

2. He talks about desire, ambition and achieve through hard work and can actually point to a list of career achievements that entirely reflect ambition, desire and hard work.

Do either of the above mean success is guaranteed? Of course not - but that wasn't the question!

Love the way Derby have gone Global with this appointment and the club's profile has been greatly increased

Always a huge fan of Lampard the player and from everything I have heard from him so far is positive, so I am excited for the start of rhe season for the 1st time in years

However we have no idea how good a manager he will be

Buckle up and enjoy the ride 

Started off indifferent towards Frank Lampard but eventually bought into the idea that it could work.  After yesterdays interviews I am positively thrilled.

Worst case scenario is we're still in the Championship next season playing dull football.  Best case scenario is we're in for a helluva ride!

Whatever the outcome I can barely remember a time of such positivity both with the fans and in the media about Derby.  Lets enjoy it whilst it lasts ?

At the first of June 2018 I think this is a fantastic appointment. He’s got the football pedigree, both on the pitch and family connections. He’s got all the right contacts. He certainly talks well. I’m confident he will be a good manager and the immediate future is rosy. Only time will confirm this, but any new manager, even an experienced one can bring no certainty. Let’s just see how it pans out and hopefully enjoy the ride.

He is the real deal. The big difference between Frank sand other star players going into management is that Frank could have kept with the cushy pundit couch but hasn’t. He’s made a very public commitment to succeeding AND he hasn’t failed before ( Great player, Great pundit) so I am very optimistic he will succeed and so will we!!

The poll results so far look good news for the 1st game, 81% positive. I anticipate a huge turn out no matter who we play, and as has already been said it's of course to soon to tell as to whether he will be a good manager,  but what Mel and the board have done is take a dismal seasons end culminating with whathisname leaving 'a sinking ship' as it was described by some, into what we are seeing now, fans excitement, press being intrigued and favourable, and no one thinking about the last 12 months just anticipating the next...

I can't wait to hear that roar as he and the team emerge !!!    

Yes we could lose, but we will lose with style, of that I'm confident ?

I'm on the fence too.  But it's quite nice up here actually, especially after crawling out of that pit of despair Rowett had dug for us.

It's a step into the unknown but genuinely looking forward to next season now and seeing how all this plays out. 

The more I hear from and read about Frank, the more encouraged I am. 

55 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I think it is a good appointment. 

Of course I could be wrong and won't be telling everyone that we have the next Brian Clough. I've been watching Derby for too many years to start predicting what will or won't happen, but he will have my support for as long as he's the manager.

but who knows he might be sigh if only

Archived