Lets be Frank

nfb

Lets be Frank ?  

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just in love with the Appointment of Frankie Baby. Hes a professional with pedigree of the highest quality. Been there...t shirt...everything. The highest top level coaches have been here lately and couldn't get us up. The so called experienced couldn't even get us a win hardly. The so called Derby thru and thru just wasn't was he. Frank Lampard aim is to be Chelsea boss...I say that now before anyone gets deluded. But for him to even be considered will mean hes got Derby into the Prem. Enjoy the spotlight of a true national class football person. Excited to bits. Loved him as a player. Hes a real top football bloke. Proud to have him leading my football club.

The more I think, The more I think he’s the perfect candidate! He seems very committed he knows what he wants and what we need, we’ve tried everything let’s try something new something that has got everyone talking, the buzz is back! I hope lampard gets all the time he needs! Everyone will hopefully support the team and no knock backs this year, behind everyone! We could just have a very good partnership here between frank and Jody 

Good Appointment and has impressed when he's spoken.

Of course it is a gamble but as some have said already any appointment is a gamble.

I think it will be very interesting what players he brings in and will give us an indication of things to come.

He has brought some publicity to us already and to be brutally honest I do think that anything is better than last season.

The last 18 months has seen some of the dullest performances I've ever seen as a Rams fan and now all of a sudden the cloud has lifted . If Lampard tries to get us playing exciting football then he needs to be given time as there is a lot to do as there is a severe lack of pace in certain areas.

I also like the fact that he said hes watched our games and that will give him ideas of where we need to improve and it doesn't matter where the players come from as long as they improve the team.

He was not my choice but he's spoken well and think he's definitely worth the gamble. Exciting times ahead...... COYR

42 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

When it was first mooted I was against the possibility because I based my assessment of FL on the negatives that had been in the press {the 9/11 stuff}. 

As the fanciful possibility became more and more a reality I read about Frank and have changed my view entirely. I was a big admirer of his Pa and of course of FL as a brilliant midfielder. I think he’s clever, he’s hungry, and he’s very articulate. He has a great smile and he’s got “leadership” factor X. He might fail but it’s a brilliant appointment ....I really want him to succeed and I loved his humility and his very positive words about the history and standing of our Club. We should give him time. I at one time was doubting my sanity for renewing our season tickets in the face of Rowettball but now I’m excited for football again. And the new shirt is finally great. 

Let's be honest.

Mel played a blinder in his free season ticket offer upon promotion offer, which must have had an impact on the renewal rate.

I wasn't looking forward at all to another year of Rowett, yet swopping him out for a novice and making some cash into the bargain seems like the deal of the century atm.

Lets not forget though, Mel said at that fans forum that our 1st season back in the top flight was on him, so I expect the offer will roll forward until it's achieved. 

Voted on the fence merely down to we have nothing to judge him against yet im hopping its a stroke of genius.

Frank is already talking a good game in fast moving forward thinking attacking football to please the fans,does he know the average age of our squad as we havent played like that since Mac1

If i have a concern is Frank is away for nearly a month with TV duties for the world cup,granted he is back for pre season but if he is looking to bring in fresh younger possibly loan players its not the greatest of starts.Unless of course his home work as already been done and that is what Mel Morris was impressed with during the interview

Like all of us we will wait with baited breath 

31 minutes ago, Saity said:

I keep hearing Jody being mentioned, has that been confirmed that he's assistant ??

I asked the same earlier, even the Chelsea guy on here SuperFrankieL, said that Jody was a big coup ? and SaintRam agreed it was... not would be ? I can find nothing saying he's confirmed ?

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Further to earlier comment and especially given Frank's inexperience, would there be any danger of us 'fans' not getting the pitchforks out after 6 months if the autos don't look on? Pretty please....

No chance, the usual suspects will be moaning well before then. In fact, I'll probably be joining them ?

This is a huge gamble by Morris and it needs to pay off. I'll give Lampard time, but I do expect us to be challenging for at least the play-offs.

1 minute ago, nfb said:

I asked the same earlier, even the Chelsea guy on here SuperFrankieL, said that Jody was a big coup ? and SaintRam agreed it was... not would be ? I can find nothing saying he's confirmed ?

I'm sure this is down to Lampard wanting all his team assembled before announcing...Lampard was scouting for us over the weekend and wasn't announced until Thursday.

I'm sure the ink is dry with Chelsea, but maybe we are discussing with the other targets, such as Terry perhaps?

I think it needs to be said, we have gone to Chelsea and poached their highly rated academy coach, little old Derby! 

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm sure this is down to Lampard wanting all his team assembled before announcing...Lampard was scouting for us over the weekend and wasn't announced until Thursday.

I'm sure the ink is dry with Chelsea, but maybe we are discussing with the other targets, such as Terry perhaps?

I think it needs to be said, we have gone to Chelsea and poached their highly rated academy coach, little old Derby! 

I thought there was talk of waiting for Roger (on his hols in Portugal atm) to come calling for his backroom staff first?

2 minutes ago, KCG said:

No chance, the usual suspects will be moaning well before then. In fact, I'll probably be joining them ?

This is a huge gamble by Morris and it needs to pay off. I'll give Lampard time, but I do expect us to be challenging for at least the play-offs.

I dont understand why u say it needs to pay off,and why at least play offs, or else ?

I will give him more time than that to get His vision right, most of us know that firstly because of FFP and poor spending by previous managers purse strings are tight, secondly that we have an ageing squad that needs some rebuilding, which is why i believe Frank has been given this job, because we need to look at youth, and there is never a guarantee or consistency with that recipe. I for one cant wait to see some of our youth in and around the squad and im excited to see which youths Frank brings in, i think its exciting times and im looking forward to the journey, with no expectations other than to see a better style of football than the last 12 months.

I really hope Roger is not waiting for DCFC to compensate his staff , only for them to walk straight into the Stoke jobs!!

If they are definitely going to Stoke why have they not gone already ???

Just now, Pearl Ram said:

Waiting for the new manager to say I won’t be needing you fellas, all the best then kerching, contracts paid up as they never asked to leave.

Thats what I'm saying!!! FFS do us a favour lads if you're going to Stoke as I suspect you are do the decent thing and just go , its not as if they're going to be out of work ....if they are fair enough  then compensate them ....but his staff have been at every club with him so far so think its a fair shout thats where they're heading 

7 minutes ago, nfb said:

I dont understand why u say it needs to pay off,and why at least play offs, or else ?

I will give him more time than that to get His vision right, most of us know that firstly because of FFP and poor spending by previous managers purse strings are tight, secondly that we have an ageing squad that needs some rebuilding, which is why i believe Frank has been given this job, because we need to look at youth, and there is never a guarantee or consistency with that recipe. I for one cant wait to see some of our youth in and around the squad and im excited to see which youths Frank brings in, i think its exciting times and im looking forward to the journey, with no expectations other than to see a better style of football than the last 12 months.

Also,just look how many contracts expire in June 2019.Plenty of wages freed up for his third transfer window!?

4 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Waiting for the new manager to say I won’t be needing you fellas, all the best then kerching, contracts paid up as they never asked to leave.

That sounds about right, did get the impression Frank was bringing his own people in anyway.

PS   Are you a singer........

I think it could be a good appointment. I was in the camp of a Lambert type appointment, someone who has been there done it on a budget, can sort the club out and take us forward. Safe pair of hands, and I was prepared for a year or 2 of not competing to get the club on a sound footing before then selecting someone to take us forward.

This appointment has opened my eyes. It is truly visionary. Derby have not invested in Lampard the manager, they’ve invested in Lampard the man, someone who has the intelligence, vision, humility, charisma, drive, insatiable appetite for success and sheer ruthless bloody mindlessness to succeed at whatever he does. To play at his level for 20 years requires a certain character that only an elite minority of people in the world possess, the same characteristics as a business leader or CEO. Derby have invested in this in the belief he will grow into a successful manager.

Hes starting from scratch, he will make mistakes, we may have difficult times ahead. I implore Mel to give him as much time as possible to succeed because he will need it.

Worst case scenario - it goes drastically wrong from the get go, relegation by Christmas is a real possibility, Mel has no choice to go for a steady pair of hands to save us, but we have enough in the team to survive. Disaster for Frank, not great for us but not a disaster as long as we’re not relegated.

Best case scenario - Lampard learns his trade free from trouble and over 2 or 3 seasons builds something brilliant, it leads to promotion- we’re in the premier league which will take the club into the next level from a finance perspective. Lampard moves on taking the next step in what may just prove to be an excellent managerial career and he’ll be remembered fondly by Rams in the future.

Its a gamble, but one we can rectify if it goes wrong and be in no worse a position than the club has been before. If it goes right, it could be bloody fantastic.

Its a resounding yes from me.

Archived