Lets be Frank

nfb

Lets be Frank ?  

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I think it could be a good appointment. I was in the camp of a Lambert type appointment, someone who has been there done it on a budget, can sort the club out and take us forward. Safe pair of hands, and I was prepared for a year or 2 of not competing to get the club on a sound footing before then selecting someone to take us forward.

This appointment has opened my eyes. It is truly visionary. Derby have not invested in Lampard the manager, they’ve invested in Lampard the man, someone who has the intelligence, vision, humility, charisma, drive, insatiable appetite for success and sheer ruthless bloody mindlessness to succeed at whatever he does. To play at his level for 20 years requires a certain character that only an elite minority of people in the world possess, the same characteristics as a business leader or CEO. Derby have invested in this in the belief he will grow into a successful manager.

Hes starting from scratch, he will make mistakes, we may have difficult times ahead. I implore Mel to give him as much time as possible to succeed because he will need it.

Worst case scenario - it goes drastically wrong from the get go, relegation by Christmas is a real possibility, Mel has no choice to go for a steady pair of hands to save us, but we have enough in the team to survive. Disaster for Frank, not great for us but not a disaster as long as we’re not relegated.

Best case scenario - Lampard learns his trade free from trouble and over 2 or 3 seasons builds something brilliant, it leads to promotion- we’re in the premier league which will take the club into the next level from a finance perspective. Lampard moves on taking the next step in what may just prove to be an excellent managerial career and he’ll be remembered fondly by Rams in the future.

Its a gamble, but one we can rectify if it goes wrong and be in no worse a position than the club has been before. If it goes right, it could be bloody fantastic.

Its a resounding yes from me.

Amen to that sir.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

That sounds about right, did get the impression Frank was bringing his own people in anyway.

PS   Are you a singer........

Haha, no Pearl is my preferred maker of drums.

Dogs, drums, DCFC and watches and Maltesers my favourite things in life....apart from the wife and kids of course. ?

04C0C067-EC78-4226-8A3F-4DF73E81EBB5.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Haha, no Pearl is my preferred maker of drums.

Dogs, drums, DCFC and watches and Maltesers my favourite things in life....apart from the wife and kids of course. ?

04C0C067-EC78-4226-8A3F-4DF73E81EBB5.jpeg

Nice. Left handed too. Is that a splash down the middle?

With the exception, to a degree, of Stevie Mac, Frank brings something to the club which none of the others have done, despite their experience. As many have already said, he has played at the highest level, against the best players in the world. So when he is dealing with the players, he carries real authority. None of the other managers played at that level or achieved what frank has, except Steve McClaren, who has a great reputation as a coach, but also comes short in playing achievements.

Frank also has huge confidence, but carries it almost with nonchalance, and with no big ego getting in the way. At the press conference he came across really well, and is both intelligent and sharp - regardless of what the questions were which had been put to him, he could read what the journalists were really asking, and also knew how to say only what he wanted to say, and not be drawn into saying things he might regret.

I believe he will have a really great effect on our existing players, regardless of any people he brings in. Do you remember the change we saw in Jake Buxton in the hands of the Mac? He was transformed! I reckon Frank will be able to surpass that.

The future is bright - the future is Frank!

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

Are you late to the party or still on the sugar rush ?

Just excited my friend! Lampard is one of the greatest players of my generation... I'm truly excited and intrigued as to what he can achieve. What's the worst that can happen?! 

Frank was a great midfielder no doubt about that, he is also very intelligent, looking forward to next season, hope frank can make it a good one, given TIme and Paitence I think Frank will be a good appointment, just hope he, is given a fair crack of the whip, we need consistence now, Frank should have a 3 year plan, to get us to the prem and devolop a young hungry squad which will take at least 4 transfer windows , he has the connections in the game and also a excellent playing career behind in, so I just hope Mel will let him get on with the job, but I for one will be backing him and the team 100 percent.

2 hours ago, KCG said:

No chance, the usual suspects will be moaning well before then. In fact, I'll probably be joining them ?

This is a huge gamble by Morris and it needs to pay off. I'll give Lampard time, but I do expect us to be challenging for at least the play-offs.

Ah, keep the faith bro. This is a bright new dawn for us Rams after an extended period of turmoil. Frank's got a good brain on him and while he'll make mistakes, I suspect he'll be a pretty rapid learner. Align that to the tie in with Chelsea and Jody's England connections and I'd say we might be seeing some pretty tasty loan acquisitions heading our way.

Ademola who?

10 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Yes! Another lefty drummer. That’s five of us on planet Earth now. 

Due to many of us being forced to conform in this right handed world. That or it would take most of the lesson to rearrange the kit.

Mind I do many things right handed, maybe the strangest; in cricket, I bowl left handed but bat right.

57 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I should have been but got taught right handed. Does have it's uses!

Totally off-topic (Frank) and probably irrelevant, but there used to be a girl who played in the Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, under Simon Rattle, who was a left-handed Viola player.

I played trumpet for 50 years, mainly in orchestras, and seen many, many string players, but I've never,ever seen another left-handed string player. Looked really strange.

Left-handed conductors take a bit of getting used to, too.

20 hours ago, HantsRam said:

To be serious for a moment - he has as much chance as any other. Sure, he hasn't proven anything yet in terms of his managerial ability but past management achievement has historically proven to be a very unreliable indicator to us, so the fact that it ISN'T there does not really increase the risk in my view.

At this stage we should judge him on what he does and is seen to be doing. On that basis, his initial move to bring in a highly regarded (but inexperienced at this level) assistant is a positive sign in my view.

The very fact that there ISN'T a list of previous ups and downs means that the chance of this appointment polarising the fan base to the same extent that Rowett, Pearson, Mac did is a good thing imho. Still room for debate of course......

Good post mate,we have got to give the guy a chance and enjoy the ride

As one of the 47 hopeful worriers on the fence, watching enviously at the 254 dancing about in celebration, seemingly without a care in the world, at the thought of Frank managing our beloved Rams, I'm just wondering who are the 8 fans think that this appointment is doomed to fail?  Surely there is some reason for hope at least?

Do some people have levels of pessimism that i can't match? I've always thought of myself as the epitome of the glass half empty mentality (and to be honest, that glass is probably leaking...and I really would have preferred a mug now that you ask).

Or are these 8 fans die-hard GR loyalists that just can't believe the fact that another manager may be able to do a better and more entertaining job than he did?  Can any one of the 8 help me out here? 

18 minutes ago, Highgate said:

As one of the 47 hopeful worriers on the fence, watching enviously at the 254 dancing about in celebration, seemingly without a care in the world, at the thought of Frank managing our beloved Rams, I'm just wondering who are the 8 fans think that this appointment is doomed to fail?  Surely there is some reason for hope at least?

Do some people have levels of pessimism that i can't match? I've always thought of myself as the epitome of the glass half empty mentality (and to be honest, that glass is probably leaking...and I really would have preferred a mug now that you ask).

Or are these 8 fans die-hard GR loyalists that just can't believe the fact that another manager may be able to do a better and more entertaining job than he did?  Can any one of the 8 help me out here? 

I reckon at least one of them supports either Norwich or Boro.

On 02/06/2018 at 09:33, Kid Rock said:

Due to many of us being forced to conform in this right handed world. That or it would take most of the lesson to rearrange the kit.

Mind I do many things right handed, maybe the strangest; in cricket, I bowl left handed but bat right.

Im reet handed but i do summat left handed and it feels great 

Archived