Lets be Frank

nfb

Lets be Frank ?  

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Chelsea fan over here, and I've been scouring this place over the last two days and I love it already and this is my first post but I don't think it'll be my last either. I get that you guys probably wouldn't want us interfering and poking our head around here but then again we just love Frankie to bits so we can't really help it. ? He's the model professional, one of few who has talent, desire, ambition, hunger, determination, intelligence and charisma. You could just go on and on about his qualities and characteristics - simply put I don't even think Arsenal fans or United fans could really hate Frank. All this is counterbalanced by his complete lack of experience in the field but you have to admit he does have quality time under some supreme managers and Jody, who knows what it's like to slog it out in the championship, will be there to help him out. I reckon one of the biggest positives of Frank's appointment will be the quality of the coaching staff for sure and I think that will make a difference along with the help he'll get from the likes of Harry when he does inevitably face troublesome situations. Jody is definitely a big coup imo but the rest of the backroom staff will be just as important and we'll have to see who he brings in. Anyways, hello folks and here's to hoping Derby and Frank succeed! ?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SuperFrankieL said:

Chelsea fan over here, and I've been scouring this place over the last two days and I love it already and this is my first post but I don't think it'll be my last either. I get that you guys probably wouldn't want us interfering and poking our head around here but then again we just love Frankie to bits so we can't really help it. ? He's the model professional, one of few who has talent, desire, ambition, hunger, determination, intelligence and charisma. You could just go on and on about his qualities and characteristics - simply put I don't even think Arsenal fans or United fans could really hate Frank. All this is counterbalanced by his complete lack of experience in the field but you have to admit he does have quality time under some supreme managers and Jody, who knows what it's like to slog it out in the championship, will be there to help him out. I reckon one of the biggest positives of Frank's appointment will be the quality of the coaching staff for sure and I think that will make a difference along with the help he'll get from the likes of Harry when he does inevitably face troublesome situations. Jody is definitely a big coup imo but the rest of the backroom staff will be just as important and we'll have to see who he brings in. Anyways, hello folks and here's to hoping Derby and Frank succeed! ?

Fans of other clubs are always welcome to provide perspective in my opinion as long as they're reasonable (and the Forest fans stick to their dark corner), we have many. Although the lad from Norwich took a turn recently.

I'm very optimistic about Lampard, and I agree with you that the acquisition of Jody Morris is a big coup.

I'm glad so many are casting a hopeful gaze our way - it really helps visualize the amount of positivity there is, outside the club and within. It's amazing really, a couple of months ago us positive people were firefighting, trying to keep everyone upbeat in the face of another season under Gary Rowett. How quickly football changes.

6 minutes ago, SuperFrankieL said:

We always welcome sensible posters from other clubs on here, thanks for your perspective and we all hope Frank is as good for us as he has been for you. 

You can't have him back for a season or two, though - we want him to work his magic on the Rams first! 

PS I voted yes. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

We always welcome sensible posters from other clubs on here, thanks for your perspective and we all hope Frank is as good for us as he has been for you. 

You can't have him back for a season or two, though - we want him to work his magic on the Rams first! 

PS I voted yes. 

Obviously I've been wondering about whether he'd stick to Derby even if he does get promoted and whatnot. I know some of the lower half prem clubs would come snapping in an instant with big money and lucrative offers but I really hope he, at the least, sees out his contract over here. It just seems like he could really build something and at the moment it's a perfect fit. Anyways, I'm getting too far ahead of myself!

Interesting article about Frank in today's Times where he says 'the biggest thing that Jose did for him at Chelsea was not a technical, tactical change it was a mindset change a confidence thing, a belief' so hope Frank can bring some of this inspiration to us 

Just now, Monty said:

Interesting article about Frank in today's Times where he says 'the biggest thing that Jose did for him at Chelsea was not a technical, tactical change it was a mindset change a confidence thing, a belief' so hope Frank can bring some of this inspiration to us 

Agreed.

Although he might have more trouble convincing any of your players that they're the best in the world, than Jose had convincing him. ? 

Firmly on the fence. No reason to take sides as we don't have a glue, what is gonna happen. It's the outcome what matters, rest is just biases and halo effect... be more like this farmer!

MAYBE

Once upon a time, there was an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years.

One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbours came to visit. “Such bad luck,” they said sympathetically.
“Maybe,” the farmer replied.

The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses. “How wonderful,” the neighbours exclaimed.
“Maybe,” replied the old man.

The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbours again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune
“Maybe,” answered the farmer.

The day after, military officials came to the village to draft young men into the army. Seeing that the son’s leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbours congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out.
“Maybe,” said the farmer.

59 minutes ago, SuperFrankieL said:

Already my new favourite non ram poster ... better than that Norwich & boro lot we cant seem to get rid of ??

1 hour ago, SuperFrankieL said:

Hope you’re right mate. I think the reason why people are somewhat sceptical is because of Paul Clement. We were told what an intelligent man he was with a great appetite for the game but it didn’t work for him. 

9 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Firmly on the fence. No reason to take sides as we don't have a glue, what is gonna happen. It's the outcome what matters, rest is just biases and halo effect... be more like this farmer!

MAYBE

Once upon a time, there was an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years.

One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbours came to visit. “Such bad luck,” they said sympathetically.
“Maybe,” the farmer replied.

The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses. “How wonderful,” the neighbours exclaimed.
“Maybe,” replied the old man.

The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbours again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune
“Maybe,” answered the farmer.

The day after, military officials came to the village to draft young men into the army. Seeing that the son’s leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbours congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out.
“Maybe,” said the farmer.

I strangely really like that... 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Hope you’re right mate. I think the reason why people are somewhat sceptical is because of Paul Clement. We were told what an intelligent man he was with a great appetite for the game but it didn’t work for him. 

Yeah, I get that no matter how good his playing career and his knowledge of the game is, it's a completely different ball game and we have no clue what to expect as well. Has to be said that this is a much riskier appointment than Clement in all honesty and the skepticism is simply natural. Initially I was surprised he was even being considered for such a big job but the more I think about it and the deeper into this thing we go, I start to realise there's some positives to take from this. Derby is desperately in need of some freshness and it's definitely put a pretty positive spin on the club from a neutral point of view. I hope, financially, it can be of some help to have Frank around what with sponsors and stuff. At the moment, I'm just happy there's been a change from a negative to a positive atmosphere in general.

27 minutes ago, McLovin said:

At the same moment, ie just after their appointment, who do you think has made the better impression.

Paul or Frank?

31 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Not stating anything as fact etc etc but....

I don’t believe it was footballing reasons for which a certain manager lost his job here. After all we were in a decent position in the league when he got the bullet.  

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

At the same moment, ie just after their appointment, who do you think has made the better impression.

Paul or Frank?

If I’m honest, I don’t know. Lampard has made a brilliant first impression and I’m glad that we appointed him. However, Clement was also impressive when he first came in as he talked about his tactical ideas and how he would be open to trying a number of styles with a plan A, B and C to make us less predictable. 

34 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Except for already you can easily say Lampard and Clement are like cheese and chalk (I love cheese!). So even though they're both 'new' managers for me they've already widely diverged. ?

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Not stating anything as fact etc etc but....

I don’t believe it was footballing reasons for which a certain manager lost his job here. After all we were in a decent position in the league when he got the bullet.  

I think we all probably know it wasn’t a football decison but he went on a very poor run before his sacking. For a man who loved possession football, it made no sense that the entire left hand side of his team were not comfortable with possession (shackell, Forsyth/Warnock, Johnson, Russell/Weimann)

Good footballing brain, likeable which does matter when squad relations are considered, loads of contacts, loan players will be available in boatloads. There's a risk attached with any managerial appointment and no more so with this one than most others. Folk will find reasons to moan but that's nothing new on this forum.

When it was first mooted I was against the possibility because I based my assessment of FL on the negatives that had been in the press {the 9/11 stuff}. 

As the fanciful possibility became more and more a reality I read about Frank and have changed my view entirely. I was a big admirer of his Pa and of course of FL as a brilliant midfielder. I think he’s clever, he’s hungry, and he’s very articulate. He has a great smile and he’s got “leadership” factor X. He might fail but it’s a brilliant appointment ....I really want him to succeed and I loved his humility and his very positive words about the history and standing of our Club. We should give him time. I at one time was doubting my sanity for renewing our season tickets in the face of Rowettball but now I’m excited for football again. And the new shirt is finally great. 

Archived