Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, RamNut said:

Without knowing the loan fees for mount and wilson we can't be certain, but i suspect you're right that sales + windfalls are greater than or equal to the cost of incoming transfers in year 1 of the contracts.

We've had 5  go off the wage bill (shackell, bent, baird, vernam, weimann), and 5 come in (mount, wilson, jozefzoon, evans, marriott). Maybe that all balances out. 

If Swiss Ramble's assessment is right......

https://mobile.twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1013693002911543296

Then we are still facing the need to sell. Especially if we are going to buy waghorn (and possibly bayliss)

i can imagine huddlestone and vydra (and maybe even Johnson) all going to stoke.

No there’s no way wages on the 5 coming in balance the wages on 5 going out ... apart from Vernam the ones who have left we’re all on  silly money 

Full story: http://sportwitness.co.uk/complete-nonsense-czech-journalist-real-reason-matej-vydra-leeds-failed/

Matěj Vydra’s transfer from Derby County to Leeds United is said to have broken down over wages.

The Czech striker reportedly failed to agree personal terms with the Yorkshire club and is therefore back among Frank Lampard’s squad where he doesn’t currently appear to be a major figure.

There’s a different slant in the Czech Republic, with the editor of iSport, one of the country’s leading sport media outlets, sounding quite annoyed about the way things are being reported in England.

Interesting. We did hear failed medical before we heard failed terms. 

We'll never know the real truth, that's for sure. 

Probably Stoke.......... or abroad.  It really doesn't matter as long as we get more than we paid for him.   Whatever, he has burnt his boats at Derby.   The format that has evolved over preseason would not accommodate either himself or Martin as pivotal players,      There is no reason to undo all the hard work that has gone into moving us on and modifying the squad.   Its like a breath of fresh air has blown away the cobwebs .

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Wow guys, I don’t know about you, but I am so gutted that we now have the top goalscorer in the league one AND the top goalscorer in the Championship in our side. Tough season ahead for The Rams. #PrayForFrank

In our squad...not team me thinks....

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Wow guys, I don’t know about you, but I am so gutted that we now have the top goalscorer in the league one AND the top goalscorer in the Championship in our side. Tough season ahead for The Rams. #PrayForFrank

I am equally gutted, The Nuwt. ?

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Butland

bauer.    Shawcross.   Martins indi.   Pieters

.                Huddlestone.    Etebo

ince.                  Vydra.              Mcclean

.                         Afobe 

I’ve got a little bit of sick in my mouth after looking at that!

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Beagle said:

Rowett's did a show on Radio Stoke the other day there is a thread on their fans forum about it.In it he was quite dismissive about Vydra the Stoke fans I spoke too got the impression that they had a big falling out.

Yes I got that impression too. If vydra isn’t fit that explains why there’s been no proper offers . If we have no need to sell for ffp then keep him at least for now.  He knows where the goals are and offers real things pace.

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

I’ve got a little bit of sick in my mouth after looking at that!

We've seen enough supposedly 'excellent' sides come down in recent years and struggle to adapt to the Championship - So it might happen to Stoke too

Ince is a good signing though ? 

Archived