If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Highgate said:

The Pearson appointment, didn't work because Mel appointed a manager completely unsuited to the players at the club in my opinion.  That was largely down to Mel.

I would argue that Pearson got Leicester out of the Championship playing good football, an experienced manager should be able to change his approach to get the best out of the players under his charge.  Pearsons main fault was trying to change things to quickly - a manager of experience surely should have known that was a bad thing?

13 minutes ago, Highgate said:

I think as a general principle, when filling any job position.  If a person has a history of success in that role that is surely seen a a positive.  If they are a total novice, that generally counts against them.  Why is it any different for football managers? 

In the normal world, yeah I'd agree but this is football.  It doesn't really matter who you are, if player power takes against you, you're out - its happened to Premier League winning managers and its happened at Derby, football is a unique business. 

Nigel Clough despite working his way up through the leagues gaining experience was always frowned upon yet top players frequently get top jobs as their first job - some succeed and some fail.

Given that lower investment is expected for next season, unlike Nigel Pearson's season promotion won't really be expected - its the perfect time to try Lampard imo, if it doesn't work we won't have lost much, but if it does...  Well, at least it will be exciting ?

5 minutes ago, David said:

Lampard knows the game over here,

Remind me how many games he has played in the Championship (he knows that it's a different thing than the Champions League right?) He know the Premiership alright, and it's multi-millionaire bubble.

I think it's really  a measure of how lfar we've fallen as a club that we're all actually excited at the prospect

It's like we're all terminally ill and Frank Lampard is the club's make-a-wish

59 minutes ago, Norman said:

You say not enough players are coming through and saying Wassall is lucky to have a job.

But the blokes he gave a job to (which his job), who you think should get the praise, haven't done a very good job either, then?

Contradictory. 

We have been category 1 for how long? With significant investment in the academy for how long?

It was only 10 years a go Billy Davies scrapped it all. 

The three games you mention - he was perhaps out of his depth due to the fact he's an academy manager, maybe????? But how that proves he can't run an academy doesn't add up.

The question was - why is he lucky to have a job? Answer it.

Where have I said they should get praise?!  

"Its mainly Short and Lyons anyway"..in reference to anything done with the u23s ie training etc. 

So wtf are you on about?

2 minutes ago, David said:

Oh, and any appointment that splits up the forums Ross & Rachel @RoyMac5 & @kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong can only be a good thing, those ? were becoming incredibly nauseating. 

Not sure if I'm more interested in how Derby do or who becomes love sick the first and jumps over the other side of the fence for a smooch ?

Oy!

What's that supposed to mean I'm sure @kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong is gonna be Lamps biggest fan we he's here.

1 minute ago, Timdcfc said:

Not sure if anyone has posted this on here but this cropped on my Facebook ?

B7E1E80F-1012-417C-BD66-484F8A9AA27E.jpeg

This is why Apple have got it right by limiting what you can customise on their phones. I've got a migraine just looking at that tweet, never had one in my life until now.

7 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Tenuous rumour time: a friend who has a friend who works at JOE messaged me saying Derby have contacted a load of media saying "we have a major announcement to make"! ?

What pray tell is JOE?

8 minutes ago, David said:

can a man not change his mind

Haha yeah a man can - just watch me at Christmas when we're teetering on relegation and Frank starts talking about turning some of these defeats into draws.

6 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I would argue that Pearson got Leicester out of the Championship playing good football, an experienced manager should be able to change his approach to get the best out of the players under his charge.  Pearsons main fault was trying to change things to quickly - a manager of experience surely should have known that was a bad thing?

In the normal world, yeah I'd agree but this is football.  It doesn't really matter who you are, if player power takes against you, you're out - its happened to Premier League winning managers and its happened at Derby, football is a unique business. 

Nigel Clough despite working his way up through the leagues gaining experience was always frowned upon yet top players frequently get top jobs as their first job - some succeed and some fail.

Given that lower investment is expected for next season, unlike Nigel Pearson's season promotion won't really be expected - its the perfect time to try Lampard imo, if it doesn't work we won't have lost much, but if it does...  Well, at least it will be exciting ?

Absolutely about Pearson, I didn't meant to absolve him from blame at all, even though i think it was a bad appointment on Mel's part. And I doubt Pearson's ability to change that much. 

You might be right about it being a good time for Lampard.  You would hope that given the financial situation, that fans wouldn't be expecting too much. 

Modern football is about pzazz and glamour so why the hell not. 

Go on Mel, give Frank the job, sell a couple of thousand more season tickets and raise the profile of our club. 

Yeah it’s a gamble but somehow it just feels it’s the right time and the right person.....don’t know why, it just does!

Archived