Lampard too expensive?

Topram

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, irobinson said:

what about Scott Parker as the Asst - that could work - he could put the cones out and teach some square passing lol 

What about getting one of em to assist in the car park, as I am sure they have more knowledge and experience with cars than actually running a football club?

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

It was a joke about John Terry being in the top 3 IQ tested at Chelsea. FFS you'd never guess that but then IQ isn't everything. ?

Joe Cole came 2nd with Ashley Cole away on holiday during the tests. The rest of the squad were foreign and didn’t understand the questions ???

1 minute ago, ram1964 said:

What about getting one of em to assist in the car park, as I am sure they have more knowledge and experience with cars than actually running a football club?

Harry surely. There's more than a touch of the Arthur Daley's about him....

2 hours ago, Saity said:

Neville's football knowledge is fantastic and i always think he talks so well and really knows the game and is the best pundit on sky for me and yes you're right about Valencia and that was probably a poor example.

I still don't remember many really top english players being any good at managing 

Some ex-players can make good pundits, but can they manage. They might be able to coach, but getting it right as a manager is difficult. Top English footballers who were good managers, Not many spring to mind. But going back in history, I would say Bobby Robson and Brian Clough.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Joe Cole came 2nd with Ashley Cole away on holiday during the tests. The rest of the squad were foreign and didn’t understand the questions ???

Nice try, but if JT was third then clearly at least some of the questions must have been in pictorial form, and as we all know, that's universal....?

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Because to put it bluntly and harshly, they weren’t the most intelligent, despite being very good players. Listening to the likes of Tim sherwood, Shearer, John barnes, Brian Robson and Paul Ince speak now, I’m not surprised that they failed as managers with the amount of garbage that comes out of their mouths.

Have you applied yet?

56 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Where has this bandwagon for Frank Lampard come from?

What makes him suitable and qualified?

Is it the same logic that got Gerrard the Rangers gig? I sincerely hope not.

Did you not see the name? Frank Lampard. Not someone dull like Paul Cook.

That celebrity sparkle has got to be worth more than boring old things like 'credentials' and a proven track record.

1 minute ago, LittleEatonRam said:

That celebrity sparkle has got to be worth more than boring old things like 'credentials' and a proven track record.

Who are we gonna get with 'credentials' and 'track record' then?

1 minute ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Well it certainly worked for Birmingham with Zola.

2 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I literally mentioned Paul Cook in that post.

If three promotions isn't enough when weighed against no record at all then I don't know what you want.

Not at this level. Weighed against Lamps 'success' and knowledge - weighs similar.

Archived