Lampard too expensive?

Topram

20 minutes ago, archied said:

Rowett has turned half the fans off with his football and the other half off with his pissing off to stoke ,,, be honest wouldn’t you just like a bit of excitement round the club to lift us ? I know I would ,on top of lots of positives I’ve listed elsewhere to support appointing him ,,, bring him in and if it don’t work then go for smith ,,,, there’s a growing buzz around this possible lampard appointment that’s been lacking at our club since Mac 1 started to show what clough s team could do if unshackled and coached better ,,, I say **** it let’s harness that buzz and see where it takes us 

I'm all for the excitement,I'm in fact desperate for it after rowett but I'd like to know what lampard will bring to us other than his name??

He hasn't managed anybody has he,do we have any ideas of what his style will be?

He could be another rowett for all i know???

Or he could be mac3 supercharged.

Can someone fill in the blanks please.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Betting was suspended on sky bet on Lamps coming.

They changed the odds again hence the temporary suspension.

Frank Lampard is now 8/11

Dean Smith 6/4

Martin O Neill and Mick McCarthy both at 14/1 and everyone else at 20/1 and upwards.

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm all for the excitement,I'm in fact desperate for it after rowett 

Hold on Rowett gave you plenty of excrement! Oh, you said "excitement"... my bad.

21 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I wasn't aware Lampard is a genius. Largely because I don't follow Chelsea and don't really give a **** about a lot of players who don't play for Derby County.

Maybe his ability to speak Latin will help at some point in the season. Maybe if we want to sign an ancient Roman, for example.

To go with our ancient Brits?

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm all for the excitement,I'm in fact desperate for it after rowett but I'd like to know what lampard will bring to us other than his name??

He hasn't managed anybody has he,do we have any ideas of what his style will be?

He could be another rowett for all i know???

Or he could be mac3 supercharged.

Can someone fill in the blanks please.

Sorry can’t help you there kash ,,, it’s just a real gut feeling I’ve got that it’s the right man at the right time ,,, also reckon mel would hold a lot of respect for him football wise too

2 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

Dean Smith 6/4

Martin O Neill and Mick McCarthy both at 14/1 and everyone else at 20/1 and upwards.

Would it be greedy to get Frank AND Smith - Smith to manage, Lampard to learn (and we can exploit any contacts he might have)....

2 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

Dean Smith 6/4

yep 2 horse race now according to the bookies

lampard has never run a team, coaches,backroom staff, day to day duties etc....it is not just all about on the training ground....but as I've said if he gets it....I'll support it...can see JT coming in as coach or assistant maybe because they're good friends

2 minutes ago, Saity said:

lampard has never run a team, coaches,backroom staff, day to day duties etc....it is not just all about on the training ground....but as I've said if he gets it....I'll support it...can see JT coming in as coach or assistant maybe because they're good friends

And that would rule out Wayne Bridge being drafted in to solve the left back crisis!

The wins are just stacking up now!

46 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Clement had links too u know ? 

I dont want a manager that is cutting his teeth for the first time going into what is quite possible a real train wreck of a scenario such As ours 

tbis sort of job needs like we had before post lots of careless spending a Jim smith type with experience and know how 

I understand clement had links and I expected him to use them but the only two players I think he bought in that he’d worked with before was Olson and Blackman and neither set the world on fire. I never even thought of Lampard when Rowett initially left and I get where your coming from saying experience counts in this league because it does but still I’m a bit exited ? can’t help myself but get carried away.

2 minutes ago, Saity said:

what about Scott Parker as the Asst - that could work - he could put the cones out and teach some square passing lol 

Successful teams have successful managers for a reason. Can we not just bite the bullet and get some one of a proven calibre that will do the job. okay it will cost but not as much as wasting money on poor signings,selling players under their value and missing out on the premiership.I don't know what alladyce or the likes cost £5 mill? The price of a mediocre championship player that can't change the team by himself or is unlikely to prove any different to what we have. We need a proven experienced manager with some clout and ability to identify and utilise the present squad to its full potential,bring in appropriate youth players if capable and have the ability to identify ideal loan players,and be able to bring in players that can do a job. Not some Rookie with a name! Haven't we had enough promising hopeful newbies pi##ing about with our club.

Archived