Lampard too expensive?

Topram

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Since I put it in an asterisks. Just to be clear, the following words are swearwords:

and finally - I shouldn’t have to say this, but some need reminding - ******.

So can we all please avoid these.

Can I start a poll to see if ******** really is a swear word? You ****

4 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Since I put it in an asterisks. Just to be clear, the following words are swearwords:

and finally - I shouldn’t have to say this, but some need reminding - ******.

So can we all please avoid these.

Oh who’s a clever **** then

16 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Has anyone seen him at Homebase looking at patio sets?

Apparently he has been spotted in a derby karaoke bar doing billy Joel numbers

If Lampard does get the job I hope we will all support him. Yes it can be said that he has no managerial experience but experienced managers have been known to fail. He should be given a chance to prove himself and who knows he could well be a born manager! Let's not criticize him before he's even here.

I always thought he was an amazing player .. very few like him. Only Brian Robson could be seen as from a similar mould. 

It worries me though .. a bit too much of a headline grabbing appointment

positives : he’s worked with some excellent coaches and must have absorbed something. He will get dressing room respect early on. Some interesting loan signings might be on the cards. 

Negatives : how will he manage when the gloss has worn off and we are slogging along in 10th after a wet 0-0 draw at home to Preston, the crowd is bored, cold. uninspired and in full moan mode, then Mel leaves before the final whistle ?

... cripes .. i’ve Almost convinced myself it might work ?

2 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

If Lampard does get the job I hope we will all support him. Yes it can be said that he has no managerial experience but experienced managers have been known to fail. He should be given a chance to prove himself and who knows he could well be a born manager! Let's not criticize him before he's even here.

It’s not Lampard, Mackworth has spoken.

3 minutes ago, Saity said:

This is a good post...and you're right...even I'm buying into the dream a tad and the excitement and getting a bit carried away maybe but i think its because all of us so want DCFC to do well but you are dead right....i wonder if any of the fans will be  quite so enthusiastic a few months into the season and the novelty has worn off and we are getting beat on a rainsoaked midweek night in Wigan because there manager ( Paul Cook ) is streetwise and knows his way around a bit.... Lampard openly admits he has a lot to learn and i'm still really not sure that this is a correct pathway.

My initial reaction was....are you taking the piss....then i thought...could be really good and got excited by it ...then thought reality is it could be disastrous....but...i guess all that could be said about an experienced manager too......one thing is for sure...his odds are shortening and bookies rarely get it wrong

Guess its the old 'heart over head' quandary! I do get the excitement bit - a bit of national attention & positivity around the club would be great after the few days we've had but your analogy about Wigan away is spot on

Archived