Lampard too expensive?

Topram

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, archied said:

Sorry can’t help you there kash ,,, it’s just a real gut feeling I’ve got that it’s the right man at the right time ,,, also reckon mel would hold a lot of respect for him football wise too

Ok then,I'll go with your and many others but feeling on this and I'll be behind him all the way.If he plays attacking joined up,ball to the feet football I'll be estatic.

(but not if he goes down the rowett route,we haven't gone through all this **** to have the same again!)

I'd just like someone to say just why we can get so excited about him other than his name.

I just think that with Smith there's something to base it on and I know nothing about lampard.

Don’t want to sound like a killjoy as I would actually like to have Lampard as next manager. What have we got to lose....

BUT

Has anyone considered he used to be coached by Clement? I’m sure he will have picked up the phone to ask him what Mel is like to work for. What do you think he will have been told?

Brace yourself for the arrival of Mad Mick.....

1 minute ago, Cool As Custard said:

Don’t want to sound like a killjoy as I would actually like to have Lampard as next manager. What have we got to lose....

BUT

Has anyone considered he used to be coached by Clement? I’m sure he will have picked up the phone to ask him what Mel is like to work for. What do you think he will have been told?

If he's anything like our players who were coached by Clement, that numbers been deleted long ago.

2 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

BUT

Might have been coached by him but that doesn’t mean he might not think he’s a bit of a knob though? He’s quite a smart cookie by all accounts

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Ok then,I'll go with your and many others but feeling on this and I'll be behind him all the way

(but not if he goes down the rowett route,we haven't gone through all this **** to have the same again!)

I'd just like someone to say just why we can get so excited about him other than his name.

I just think that with Smith there's something to base it on and I know nothing about lampard.

?

1 minute ago, ram1964 said:

Successful teams have successful managers for a reason. Can we not just bite the bullet and get some one of a proven calibre that will do the job. okay it will cost but not as much as wasting money on poor signings,selling players under their value and missing out on the premiership.I don't know what alladyce or the likes cost £5 mill? The price of a mediocre championship player that can't change the team by himself or is unlikely to prove any different to what we have. We need a proven experienced manager with some clout and ability to identify and utilise the present squad to its full potential,bring in appropriate youth players if capable and have the ability to identify ideal loan players,and be able to bring in players that can do a job. Not some Rookie with a name! Haven't we had enough promising hopeful newbies pi##ing about with our club.

Brown and Clement are good examples of DCFC being there first managerial jobs and to be honest I thought both were useless regardless of where Clement had us in league it was poor and dull but the polar opposite of Rowettball except both didn't think shots on target mattered regarding winning football matches.

They were both though number 2's and i think a lot of assistants don't step up well ....and i include Peter Taylor,Brian Kidd , Don Howe and to some extent even Steve Mac has been dubious as a manager at times.

Lampard has never been a number 2 and i think a massive gamble....will Mel give him the necesarry funds and will Lampard a bit like Roy Keane expect all the players to be at Prem League level....when they are not ???

7 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

OMG Mac too! ?

3 minutes ago, archied said:

Might have been coached by him but that doesn’t mean he might not think he’s a bit of a knob though? He’s quite a smart cookie by all accounts

Clement probably has their numbers but I very much doubt they have his. He used to go on and on about Ronaldo and Zidane while he was with us. My friend is from Swansea and says he was doing the same things there. Talking like they are all his best mates. If you are really close with people, you don't bring it up 24/7. Hence I totally agree, I think Lampard would take advice from his uncle on this one. 

Just now, rynny said:

Surprised this hasn't appeared on here yet from Wisdom's brother. 

He was asked if he is ITK by some fans in response to this tweet. He said no he has just been watching the TV. Hence he is tweeting in his capacity as a fan. But it shows that the players will be excited. 

I'm at peace with whoever now.  I think because I look forward to anything that isn't Rowett.

Lampard pros:

Respect from players - they will all have seen him in his peak and that almost counts as leading by example

Great contacts - Mourinho loves him, and that's before you add Chelsea, Man City, West Ham and England connections into the mix.  You feel he would be able to loan in some pretty special players that will buy time if not success.

Random article (https://therealchelseafans.com/2016/12/24/frank-lampard-and-john-terry-reveal-their-favourite-managers-at-chelsea/) - his favoured managers were Mourinho and Ancelotti - reading what he says about training I think he could bring a feel good factor off the pitch.

He's sensible, and you have to think he'd want players to be the same - no foot biting, drunken brawls, rumours about heavy drinking and banging players' wives!

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

Surprised this hasn't appeared on here yet from Wisdom's brother. 

Doubt the players will know who the new manager is much before us to be honest. Season over, all on their holidays before pre-season in about 4 weeks time, they're not going to see Lampard rocking up at Moor Farm for a look around.

It would still be nice for the manager to be wanted by the players, and I'd just be guessing that if he's tweeting that, then it means at least Andre's keen...

Let's face it, we've had loads of managers - some moderately successful, some awful, some lucky, some just meh. The only thing that's guaranteed in football is that nothing is guaranteed. So I say, so long as the football is easy on the eye and we play as a team that looks like it wants to play together I don't care who the manager is. Whoever it is they won't be here forever. So Lampard - hell why not? Could be a great story, could be an awful story, but it will definitely be a story. 

Archived