Lampard too expensive?

Topram

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ramblur said:

I'm guessing that board members, Mel, Roy and John Kirkland might have been on the panel, although you might include Stephen Pearce (to answer any financial questions). Whatever anyone might think about the Kirkland name, John does have a vast amount of experience, and is no doubt why he's on the board. Absolutely complete guesswork by me though.

Just to expand your list slightly...

Board of Directors: Mel Morris CBE (Executive Chairman), John Vicars, Stephen Pearce, David Williams, John Kirkland OBE, Roy McFarland.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Just to expand your list slightly...

Board of Directors: Mel Morris CBE (Executive Chairman), John Vicars, Stephen Pearce, David Williams, John Kirkland OBE, Roy McFarland.

Yeh, I knew the full board, but couldn't see why Vicars or Williams ( Solicitor, if I remember correctly) should be involved. You don't want a panel too big, and even 4 might be pushing it a bit.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Vicars has gone I think I'm any case.

Still on the board as non exec director.

3 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Yeh, I knew the full board, but couldn't see why Vicars or Williams ( Solicitor, if I remember correctly) should be involved. You don't want a panel too big, and even 4 might be pushing it a bit.

Let’s be honest, none of them have a clue about football, business yes, but football????

Roy Mac could play, one of the best, but as a manager, tripe, he nearly didn’t get Burton in the league.

1 minute ago, philmycock said:

Let’s be honest, none of them have a clue about football, business yes, but football????

Roy Mac could play, one of the best, but as a manager, tripe, he nearly didn’t get Burton in the league.

John Kirkland has a long association with the club, much of it as a director, so he's more likely to know about aspects of football that we don't. Stephen Pearce would be the man to answer anything about any financial constraints. Some may be there to ask questions, whilst others might just be there to answer any questions candidates pose.

4 minutes ago, ramblur said:

John Kirkland has a long association with the club, much of it as a director, so he's more likely to know about aspects of football that we don't. Stephen Pearce would be the man to answer anything about any financial constraints. Some may be there to ask questions, whilst others might just be there to answer any questions candidates pose.

Clueless. Harry Redknapp would know who to employ (his son!)

10 minutes ago, ramblur said:

I know John Kirkland has got more wedge than MM. I don't think he's put much into Derby though.

5 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Clueless. Harry Redknapp would know who to employ (his son!)

Kirkland was part of an equal say consortium (including Mel) that appointed a manager who got us promotion in his first year, so not entirely clueless.

1 minute ago, philmycock said:

Didn’t his dad (with Longson) sack Clough Snr?

What's that got to do with John Kirkland? Clough and Taylor resigned.

Just now, philmycock said:

Just checked, it was his granddad Jack who asked Brian what exactly Peter Taylor did

You've got that part right.

Just now, philmycock said:

After Jack Kirkland questioned the role of Peter Taylor

Did John Kirkland question the role of Peter Taylor? If part of your family tree did something wrong, would you expect to be blamed for it?

Archived