Lampard too expensive?

Topram

45 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who knows what Lamps can do and bring? It's as likely to succeed as other suggestions and more exciting.

Must admit he wasn't in my top 2 choices, but I'm not particularly anti. Frank got to be the great player he was through sheer hard work on the pitch and on the training ground ( including after hours).  If he could instill any of this ethos into the team, it would be a step in the right direction. On the other hand, demanding things of players that a manager demanded of himself hasn't always worked. Would be a good role model for Academy lads though, in advising what's required to get to the very top. 

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Yeah I've heard that it won't be him. He has been interviewed. 

No idea who it will be though. 

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

No mate. Sorry. 

I don't hear anything much anymore. 

My main source from before is no longer at the club. 

?‍♂️

21 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

It won't be Lampard. 

12 minutes ago, Topram said:

You heard?

11 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Yeah I've heard that it won't be him. He has been interviewed. 

No idea who it will be though. 

While not such a reliable source, Mrs Sagan has also said it can't be Frank. I would have had no idea but apparently this is because:

• Christine is currently pregnant
  • Frank has two girls from a previous relationship who live with them
  • Christine and the girls have huge social lives in London
  • They will not want to move to Derby with a new baby
  • Frank would therefore have to commute from London for his first (and quite difficult) managerial job with a new baby at home
  • Frank might even end up taking the time of for paternity leave
  • Though Christine was apparently on Lorraine yesterday (showing off bump) saying Frank was just finishing his "coaching exams"

It's rare but I bow to her football knowledge...

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

While not such a reliable source, Mrs Sagan has also said it can't be Frank. I would have had no idea but apparently this is because:

• Frank would therefore have to commute from London for his first (and quite difficult) managerial job with a new baby at home
  • Though Christine was apparently on Lorraine yesterday (showing off bump) saying Frank was just finishing his "coaching exams"

Does Mrs Sagan know if Dean Smith’s wife is pregnant?

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Can you tell your wife that she’s unwittingly posted the most informative post on the forum all day.

That says a lot about us...

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How many people are involved in interviewing prospective managers then? Sounds like a party going on...

I'm guessing that board members, Mel, Roy and John Kirkland might have been on the panel, although you might include Stephen Pearce (to answer any financial questions). Whatever anyone might think about the Kirkland name, John does have a vast amount of experience, and is no doubt why he's on the board. Absolutely complete guesswork by me though.

Archived