Lampard too expensive?

Topram

3 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

He was asked if he is ITK by some fans in response to this tweet. He said no he has just been watching the TV. Hence he is tweeting in his capacity as a fan. But it shows that the players will be excited. 

Yeah I saw that. And I agree it shows that the players would positively respond to the appointment. 

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Where has this bandwagon for Frank Lampard come from?

What makes him suitable and qualified?

Is it the same logic that got Gerrard the Rangers gig? I sincerely hope not.

It's almost the perfect post-modern, post-truth era appointment. No real logical reason, other than feeling. It fits with the times.

Brexit > Trump > Lampard.

11 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

He was asked if he is ITK by some fans in response to this tweet. He said no he has just been watching the TV. Hence he is tweeting in his capacity as a fan. But it shows that the players will be excited. 

Will players like vydra ,Carson ,Davies be less inclined to go to stoke with rowett ( if they in fact were) if lampard came In , big name , big spotlight to showcase your skills

1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

Can’t see him coming here. Where would him and missus get their clothes from? Has Mel shown them Derby City centre?  

Eagle market or Camden market? Covent Garden or Duckworth Square? Assembly Rooms or O2 Arena?

Not many leave once they’ve lived in Derbyshire.

1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

Can’t see him coming here. Where would him and missus get their clothes from? Has Mel shown them Derby City centre?  

Eagle market or Camden market? Covent Garden or Duckworth Square? Assembly Rooms or O2 Arena?

Football types don't go into the city where they play unless they have to. They have their own little enclaves (I actually live in one here in Formby), go to training and the stadium on match days. And nobody at all has to go out to buy stuff any more.

16 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Where has this bandwagon for Frank Lampard come from?

What makes him suitable and qualified?

Is it the same logic that got Gerrard the Rangers gig? I sincerely hope not.

When I see names like Mick McCarthy banded about I would rather be excited by the unknown rather than spend the summer knowing my fate...

3 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

My thoughts exactly. Doubt he has any knowledge or interest whatsoever regarding DCFC. I expect he will end up south of Watford. 

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Don't get too excited Lampard fans.

Even if he does come, he may be utterly useless. And if he isn't, he'll be off.

Either way, in the words of the great Lloyd Cole, are you ready to be heartbroken?

Come on let’s try and enjoy this,yes if he does well and a Chelsea comes knocking we know he’s off but let’s not worry about that yet ay? ??

Archived