Chris Martin

Waffle

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Martin + Vydra go, maybe get £13-14m for them both but around 60k a week saved if they are both high earners - that's over £3m saved on wages for the year as well as a big amount of funds in.

Selling these 2 could possibly cover the cost of 4 new players + their wages. We already have the wage budget reduced with Shackell, Bent + Baird off it and i'm sure there will a few more outgoings as well.

We would be selling 40 goals worth of centre forwards as well and wondering potentially why we can’t score any goals whilst watching both of them hit the net for other teams

you sell good centre forwards when the bids are ridiculously high not when there is a row of highly paid misfits sat doing nothing but taking the money 

51 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

At the moment martins wages aren’t going to very good use, if we have to cut the wage bill for FFP then his contract seems an obvious target to get rid of, unless he’s seen to have a more major role next year.

No idea how Frankenjody would be able to form that judgement this early tbh. 

Well, I guess they'd be deciding based on videos? Bit risky I'd have thought ?

PistoldPete2
11 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

QPR supporters at work thinks this is going to happen but say they have no money as want a free transfer if not then for very little money , I mentioned £3m and they said no chance they could afford that

Ok well move on then nothing to see. Sell Vydra and martin is back in the reckoning for us.

It's a real shame. I've said before that giving Martin and Vyds a run of games could have yielded the most deadly pairing in the league. Obviously there are better judges than me on this forum and Frank will for sure know what he needs for his footballing vision but the lad's been horribly mismanaged. It would have been better for Chris and the club if we'd simply cashed in 2 to 3 years back but I suppose everything's 20:20 in hindsight. If he is off then most will wish him well I'd guess, though maybe not when he plays against us! 

43 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I think my hopes of seeing Martin,Thorne and Bryson playing together again is looking very  optimistic.

Unfortunately true at this moment, only thing though I can’t understand is that even if you were moving to another club the next day you’d surely be there at the first training day? Regardless of where you are next season, youd be expected to be there and you’d want to test your fitness? Hypothetical but it does make me think there might be another reason, although the other side to that is you’d expect the club to reference why he wasn’t there if there was a reason

28 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Unfortunately true at this moment, only thing though I can’t understand is that even if you were moving to another club the next day you’d surely be there at the first training day? Regardless of where you are next season, youd be expected to be there and you’d want to test your fitness? Hypothetical but it does make me think there might be another reason, although the other side to that is you’d expect the club to reference why he wasn’t there if there was a reason

I did wonder the same....

All a bit odd

Either it is something of nothing or he's already gone.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well he's still alive. I did see someone reply to a tweet that all the 'international players' ie Lawrence, Ledley & Martin had extra time, but he wasn't in the Scotland squad was he?

He was not in the Scotland squad, no. The only reason he's not there. based on past experiences of similar situations, is either because transfer stuff is happening or "personal reasons".

Archived