Chris Martin

Waffle

32 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Chris Martin as part of a high energy, high press game?

I don't think so. 

Wasn’t that what Rowett said we were doing - high energy high press ? - in reality it was kick behind the full backs and chase it

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rynny said:

I know, he was just so shocking when Mac1 played way, wasn't he? 

I think you will find Lampard will play it the right way and not just try to score one more than the opposition with no tackling midfielders.

Lampard will want a fit side that constantly puts pressure on the other team so they give you the ball.

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think you will find Lampard will play it the right way and not just try to score one more than the opposition with no tackling midfielders.

Lampard will want a fit side that constantly puts pressure on the other team so they give you the ball.

Well I am ready to see what Lampard will do and who he chose, without writing any player off yet. 

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Chris Martin as part of a high energy, high press game?

I don't think so. 

Where does the 'high energy, high press' quote come from? I've seen 'high energy, attacking football' being quoted.

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where does the 'high energy, high press' quote come from? I've seen 'high energy, attacking football' being quoted.

"They want to introduce that high-tempo and high-pressing, with a lot of energy with and without the ball"

Cameron Jerome interview

2 minutes ago, Charlie Dram said:

"They want to introduce that high-tempo and high-pressing, with a lot of energy with and without the ball"

Cameron Jerome interview

Thanks Charlie. I knew I'd seen it quoted!

Lampard will introduce because every successful club does it.

It makes sense to pressure your opponents so they cannot do the things they want to do.

I respect Chris Martin and will be sad to let him go because he always has a good pass in him, but the truth is that it's not just us that stopped picking him. 

Fulham, Reading and Scotland did too.

13 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I respect Chris Martin and will be sad to let him go because he always has a good pass in him, but the truth is that it's not just us that stopped picking him. 

Fulham, Reading and Scotland did too.

If it's going to be all about chasing around like blue-arsed flies then it won't just be bye-bye Chrissy will it? Hudds? Who else.

Cameron Jerome: "[Lampard] had a brief discussion with us on day one of pre-season [about] how he wants #dcfc to play... Hi-tempo, hi-pressing, lots of energy without the ball and with the ball, lots of possession... Everything based on getting after the ball higher up the pitch"

That means not sitting back on our 18 yard box and allowing the opposition possession, waiting to hit them on the break?

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If it's going to be all about chasing around like blue-arsed flies then it won't just be bye-bye Chrissy will it? Hudds? Who else.

Did Huddlestone eat your hamster?

2 minutes ago, David said:

Did Huddlestone eat your hamster?

Probably. Some more 'what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander' needs considering by some.

Not keen on him, did okay under Rowett but think he's over-rated. I  would be hoping that Thorne or Ledley or youngster get dibs well before him. *shrugs*

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Probably. Some more 'what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander' needs considering by some.

Not keen on him, did okay under Rowett but think he's over-rated. I  would be hoping that Thorne or Ledley or youngster get dibs well before him. *shrugs*

Whilst I agree if we’re looking at the least mobile of players Huddlestone is up there with Martin, but they play in totally different areas of the pitch. High pressing doesn’t = 11 headless chickens running around the pitch chasing the ball. 

Huddlestone is one of the best passers of the ball in the league and has great vision to go with it, his lack of mobility may not be an issue with ball winners ahead of him. 

We’re still in a wait and see holding pattern, I’ve not seen anything to suggest that Martin isn’t in Lampard’s plans yet either. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

That means not sitting back on our 18 yard box and allowing the opposition possession, waiting to hit them on the break?

What a novel idea! ?

45 minutes ago, David said:

Whilst I agree if we’re looking at the least mobile of players Huddlestone is up there with Martin, but they play in totally different areas of the pitch. High pressing doesn’t = 11 headless chickens running around the pitch chasing the ball. 

Huddlestone is one of the best passers of the ball in the league and has great vision to go with it, his lack of mobility may not be an issue with ball winners ahead of him. 

We’re still in a wait and see holding pattern, I’ve not seen anything to suggest that Martin isn’t in Lampard’s plans yet either. 

I think we'll see a complete change for Huddlestone this season. I expect to see him play an almost sweeper role in a back 3. Almost Coady like at Wolves 

Archived