Chris Martin

Waffle

15 hours ago, SilentRam said:

He was dire tonight. Hopefully no Bristol scouts were around or if they were, then they judge him on his play 3 seasons ago. Otherwise I genuinely can't see any Championship teams taking him on loan with his wages. 

Martin like Thorne got stronger as the game went on , the time to judge whether they are tossed on the scrap heap is when they are fully fit and ready for first team action , both players in my opinion could slot back into the first team , when ready , but thats for Frank and Frank only to decide

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Lol. How ridiculous. He is the exponent of his own downfall. He thought he was better than he was. Lack of work ethic. Dubious fitness. Lacks the ability to understand his own shortcomings and the ethos to do anything about them. 

Judging by your opinions on Martin and Hughes I would suggest you can’t spot a footballer…

21 minutes ago, cannable said:

Judging by your opinions on Martin and Hughes I would suggest you can’t spot a footballer…

Now that's funny

I have expressed my appreciation for the Chris Martin under Mac, however I have explained my reasons for not appreciating the present CM, however you seem to have blinkers on and live in the past.  

Hughes I think and have expressed is a neat and tidy footballer, nothing more, nothing less. 

Some people just need to understand what is currently a class player and when that player has passed his prime ala CM.

Being generous the jury is still out of WH, maybe he will develop into a class midfielder, maybe he won't …. hopefully Watford can cultivate/coach him into being a class player.

9 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Now that's funny

I have expressed my appreciation for the Chris Martin under Mac, however I have explained my reasons for not appreciating the present CM, however you seem to have blinkers on and live in the past.  

Hughes I think and have expressed is a neat and tidy footballer, nothing more, nothing less. 

Some people just need to understand what is currently a class player and when that player has passed his prime ala CM.

Being generous the jury is still out of WH, maybe he will develop into a class midfielder, maybe he won't …. hopefully Watford can cultivate/coach him into being a class player.

He’d scored nine goals and set up three in his first 22 games for Fulham, at which point we offered him a new contract and his career went to poo. 

He comes back to us and finds a new manager who doesn’t want him. He’s loaned out to Reading and his spell there is cut short due to a stomach illness, as is his return here with yet another new manager. 

Martin’s game was about touch, technique and vision, not pace or energy, things that you don’t lose with age. So it’s entirely reasonable to write-off the last season and a half due to circumstance. 

On 23/07/2018 at 20:44, Carnero said:

According to an "ITK" on another site:

"Update on Martin, Lampard wants him to stay but he’s been really ill with colitis and isn’t fit at the moment. He’s doing gym work to build himself up. He will miss the start of the season but shouldn’t be too long before he’s back. He will be a good mentor for the young players coming into the squad."

"At least Derby are supporting Martin in his recovery. When he 1st became ill he tried to play thro it at Reading which has slowed his recovery"

Hey @Carnero which was the other site you originally read this on?

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

He’d scored nine goals and set up three in his first 22 games for Fulham, at which point we offered him a new contract and his career went to poo. 

He comes back to us and finds a new manager who doesn’t want him. He’s loaned out to Reading and his spell there is cut short due to a stomach illness, as is his return here with yet another new manager. 

Martin’s game was about touch, technique and vision, not pace or energy, things that you don’t lose with age. So it’s entirely reasonable to write-off the last season and a half due to circumstance. 

At Fulham he played in the Championship and playoffs 33 times, scoring 10, and you say his career went to poo, but of course he can take no responsibility for that !!

He finds another manager who doesn't want him, was loaned to Reading where he was prolific …………… not , but that was due to illness!

He has found several managers who didn't want him, but of course that's not his fault either.

The que of managers (or should I say CM aficionado's) seems to be eluding me, maybe being given a long contract on high wages has made him work hard to change minds ………….. maybe not, who knows. Football is a game of opinions, you have yours and I have mine.

8 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

At Fulham he played in the Championship and playoffs 33 times, scoring 10, and you say his career went to poo, but of course he can take no responsibility for that !!

He finds another manager who doesn't want him, was loaned to Reading where he was prolific …………… not , but that was due to illness!

He has found several managers who didn't want him, but of course that's not his fault either.

The que of managers (or should I say CM aficionado's) seems to be eluding me, maybe being given a long contract on high wages has made him work hard to change minds ………….. maybe not, who knows. Football is a game of opinions, you have yours and I have mine.

Who didn’t want him? Pearson and Rowett who both favour pacey and powerful counter-attacking systems… go figure ?

It’s totally fair of you to blame him for his time at Reading too, how dare he suffer an illness.

Have you ever played football with a stomach issue? At my best I’m spreading toxic gas across the pitch and at my worst I can play half-an-hour before crippling stomach ache and the very real danger of Brown menace dribbling down my leg. No surprise his time at Reading was poor.

Didn’t Jaap Stam take Wardrobe on loan?

Then he got sacked to be replaced by Clement?

I might be getting really confused?

Wasn’t there a history(allegedly)between those 2.

Anyway,the point I’m attempting to make(badly)is that it’s possibly a bit harsh to take too much out of that particular loan spell.

And Jokanovic is no mug at Fulham and plays lovely football and he saw Martin as being good for his system.

2 minutes ago, cannable said:

Who didn’t want him? Pearson and Rowett who both favour pacey and powerful counter-attacking systems… go figure ?

It’s totally fair of you to blame him for his time at Reading too, how dare he suffer an illness.

Have you ever played football with a stomach issue? At my best I’m spreading toxic gas across the pitch and at my worst I can play half-an-hour before crippling stomach ache and the very real danger of Brown menace dribbling down my leg. No surprise his time at Reading was poor.

So he went to Reading with a pre-existing condition? I'm sure Reading are really happy about the money they paid for a guy unfit to play?

As I say you have you're opinion, I just don't agree, get over it.

15 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

If he has colitis it will affect him in many ways 

Bloody hell. I have colitis and it can be annoying at times  but I get on with my life and it does not bother me. From diagnosis to being sorted or should I say controlled was a few months. It does not stop me doing anything.  So I doubt it is colitis 

47 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

So he went to Reading with a pre-existing condition? I'm sure Reading are really happy about the money they paid for a guy unfit to play?

As I say you have you're opinion, I just don't agree, get over it.

What’s the point in this tone? So unnecessary. People are just debating with you.

9 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Bloody hell. I have colitis and it can be annoying at times  but I get on with my life and it does not bother me. From diagnosis to being sorted or should I say controlled was a few months. It does not stop me doing anything.  So I doubt it is colitis 

There are different types of colitis. As for doubting the illness, I understood it was mentioned at the last Fans Forum.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

There are different types of colitis. As for doubting the illness, I understood it was mentioned at the last Fans Forum.

He's also talked to fans directly about this when asked. 

Sometimes I despair of people just bad mouthing players and disputing everything we are told. It's not Watergate,  we don't need conspiracy theories. If you hate him that much that you can't support his recovery, then exercise some discretion and  say nothing at all. 

I think Martin has been an excellent servant to our club and deserves to be treated a little better than be the subject of rumour and innuendo by some fans.  He is still our player and should therefore be afforded respect and support. (imo)

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I know there are different types of colitis and I know all about it. It is debilitating at times. It can be controlled.  If he had this through last season as some say, he would or should not have been on loan. Very unfair on the club

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

Pleased for you and not for a moment would i say what you have is minor but consider yourself fortunate not to have had the full-blown version my brother-in-law has. Apart from the physical aspects of the condition, the effect on your social life and the psychological aspects of having chronic colitis can be life-affecting.

Archived