Chris Martin

Waffle

20 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

How is that writing him off???  i just dont rate him from what ive seen of him so far in his career... just like if we over paid for someone like Nick Blackman after a purple patch at Reading i wouldbt be that impressed... the point i was making is as much as im not a fan of Martin he offers something different a bit of a plan B off the bench 

So calling Waghorn a 'one season wonder & probably a waste of money' after two games at the club is not writing him off? Geez, I hate to hear you be really scathing about a player then! ?

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, G-Ram said:

How is that writing him off???  i just dont rate him from what ive seen of him so far in his career... just like if we over paid for someone like Nick Blackman after a purple patch at Reading i wouldbt be that impressed... the point i was making is as much as im not a fan of Martin he offers something different a bit of a plan B off the bench 

You must have seen him play a good 10-15 games a season throughout his career then to have come to that conclusion? 

36 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Chris was unlucky not to score last night for the u23s, was denied by a great save. Only caught the last 15mins, but looked more like his former self.

With a bit of luck, that would have been 2 last minute winners in 2 games.

The man must catch a break at some point!

11 hours ago, 86 points said:

So calling Waghorn a 'one season wonder & probably a waste of money' after two games at the club is not writing him off? Geez, I hate to hear you be really scathing about a player then! ?

The same sort of fan that will be signing his praises and “always rated him” if he bags a brace tonight 

don’t u just love em 

4 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

It's a serious question, in this transfer market, what do people assume/think his transfer value is?

What’s Jerome’s? What’s Nugent’s? What’s Huddlestone’s?

Until we get a rumour of anything it’s pure guesswork based on absolutely zilch  and we have a transfer thread people keep checking over and over where nothing is happening. Which gets annoying. Even if you want to speculate, then there’s a disco group in the main section?

Now stop goading ?

Also...priceless!

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Given a full season at the club,not being ducked about and loaned out,a bloody decent one.

Still our best striker....when given the opportunity. 

And not that old either compared to nugent and Jerome 

8 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

The same sort of fan that will be signing his praises and “always rated him” if he bags a brace tonight 

don’t u just love em 

Of course because other than rangers which is basically pub football standard he’s hardly been a prolific goal scorer... not worth the £6m - £7m we’ve rumoured to pay in my opinion 

But lets make assumptions about someone as a fan because they have an opposite opinion as you.

Martin ive not really been a fan of but with 20mins to go id rather bring him on to offer something different 

24 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Of course because other than rangers which is basically pub football standard he’s hardly been a prolific goal scorer... not worth the £6m - £7m we’ve rumoured to pay in my opinion 

But lets make assumptions about someone as a fan because they have an opposite opinion as you.

Martin ive not really been a fan of but with 20mins to go id rather bring him on to offer something different 

How has @NottsRam77 made assumptions about you specifically. There are other posters on the thread / forum! Fact is, if you chuck out opinions on a forum (good / bad / indifferent), you're gonna get folk agreeing and disagreeing with them. That's kind of how it works. For the record and addressing the above post and not your earlier comments, the fee was £5 million (any balance is performance related) and he notched 16 goals and 11 assists for Ipswich last season. Not exactly un-prolific IMO. As a pre-emptive measure, however, I apologise that my view doesn't match yours ?

5 minutes ago, 86 points said:

How has @NottsRam77 made assumptions about you specifically. There are other posters on the thread / forum! Fact is, if you chuck out opinions on a forum (good / bad / indifferent), you're gonna get folk agreeing and disagreeing with them. That's kind of how it works. For the record and addressing the above post and not your earlier comments, the fee was £5 million (any balance is performance related) and he notched 16 goals and 11 assists for Ipswich last season. Not exactly un-prolific IMO. As a pre-emptive measure, however, I apologise that my view doesn't match yours ?

Nah just a cliquey forum... someone doesnt agree they’re a ‘half fan’ or i’ll be on next week saying how ive always rated him. Clearly not done that with one single player. Im open to admitting im wrong if he scores a load of goal but i dont think he will   I just dont get why any difference of opinion is met with such negativity think its pathetic 

3 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Nah just a cliquey forum... someone doesnt agree they’re a ‘half fan’ or i’ll be on next week saying how ive always rated him. Clearly not done that with one single player. Im open to admitting im wrong if he scores a load of goal but i dont think he will   I just dont get why any difference of opinion is met with such negativity think its pathetic 

OK mate. Enjoy the game ?

Archived