Chris Martin

Waffle

2 hours ago, 86 points said:

How has @NottsRam77 made assumptions about you specifically. There are other posters on the thread / forum! Fact is, if you chuck out opinions on a forum (good / bad / indifferent), you're gonna get folk agreeing and disagreeing with them. That's kind of how it works. For the record and addressing the above post and not your earlier comments, the fee was £5 million (any balance is performance related) and he notched 16 goals and 11 assists for Ipswich last season. Not exactly un-prolific IMO. As a pre-emptive measure, however, I apologise that my view doesn't match yours ?

Thanks mate, not sure either but hey ho 

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Of course because other than rangers which is basically pub football standard he’s hardly been a prolific goal scorer... not worth the £6m - £7m we’ve rumoured to pay in my opinion 

But lets make assumptions about someone as a fan because they have an opposite opinion as you.

Martin ive not really been a fan of but with 20mins to go id rather bring him on to offer something different 

So your oblivious to waghorns contribution last season to Ipswich ... aka the level we’re at now ... so clearly good enough for this level 

I’m a fan of Martin and love to see him integrated into this system but I just don’t see it happening 

A fit and firing Chris Martin would be the glue this Lampard system needs.

But he looks miles away from being in the reckoning - whether that's down to his injury troubles or being out of favour, it's hard to say but it's really frustrating.

For me, Lampard has spent an estimated £8-10 million on Waghorn and Marriott, and they are not better than what we already had and this much was clear before they had even signed.

Note.: Hoping this sparks the two players into life and I'm proven massively wrong. But the signs are not good.

11 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

A fit and firing Chris Martin would be the glue this Lampard system needs.

But he looks miles away from being in the reckoning - whether that's down to his injury troubles or being out of favour, it's hard to say but it's really frustrating.

For me, Lampard has spent an estimated £8-10 million on Waghorn and Marriott, and they are not better than what we already had and this much was clear before they had even signed.

Note.: Hoping this sparks the two players into life and I'm proven massively wrong. But the signs are not good.

Without trying to add too much into this thread (#notarumour), it was interesting that Lampard discussed prematch that he had 9 new signings and 2 coming back from long term loans. Now one of those loans is defo Bryson, but the other can’t be Butterfield??

12 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

What do people think CM transfer value is?

His current value is such that any club who take him on loan from us (if that happens) would be asking for us to pay some of his wages. Hence loaning him out while paying most his wages would be counter productive.

I think he is great for the under 23's. He can help provide them with experience and guidance and we can maybe get a club to grab him from us in January if he starts scoring for the under 23's. 

The demand for Jerome and Nugent means it also makes sense financially to keep Martin around (as we can only cash in on the other two).

6 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

So your oblivious to waghorns contribution last season to Ipswich ... aka the level we’re at now ... so clearly good enough for this level 

I’m a fan of Martin and love to see him integrated into this system but I just don’t see it happening 

no .... not aware of his contribution last season... what happened? 

Yoi’ll  also be aware he got 20 goals over 5 seasons at Leicester which is hardly prolific 

some players have one good season a purple patch... nick blackman looked a world beater for half a season at reading doesnt make him any good. Would Vydra have repeated last seasons goal total this season when you take away the penalties and previous years totals or was it a one off? 

Your creaming up over Waghorn fair enough. I’ll wait until he proves me wrong

suppose some how that makes me less of a fan or just less deluded 

42 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Yoi’ll  also be aware he got 20 goals over 5 seasons at Leicester which is hardly prolific 

some players have one good season a purple patch... nick blackman looked a world beater for half a season at reading doesnt make him any good. Would Vydra have repeated last seasons goal total this season when you take away the penalties and previous years totals or was it a one off? 

I don't think Waghorn is a centre forward.

He's best playing a support role where he can find more space. 

8 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Without trying to add too much into this thread (#notarumour), it was interesting that Lampard discussed prematch that he had 9 new signings and 2 coming back from long term loans. Now one of those loans is defo Bryson, but the other can’t be Butterfield??

Yeah I wondered about that, I think he enumerated two twice, so not a mistake, but who...?

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah I wondered about that, I think he enumerated two twice, so not a mistake, but who...?

Of the players who have played this season I settled on the fact that he must have meant Bryson & Lowe.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Of the players who have played this season I settled on the fact that he must have meant Bryson & Lowe.

You do realise that you have just popped Roymac and Kash’s welcome back Chrissie balloons ? 

5 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Played predominately as a winger at Leicester if I did ur homework 

6 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Waghorn has also scored double figures last 3 seasons ... must be deluded then ? 

for the record I’m not creaming ove him

I’m just one of those idiotic fans that gets a rock in my pants for players after two games but neither do I write them off after the same number 

I like to give them time to settle etc etc judge and assess

I read on here someone maybe it was u maybe it wasn’t that had wrote him off after 2 appearances in a derby shirt ... people like that basically .... d”ckheads quite frankly 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah probably Bryso & Bennett. No-one else exists, nothing about Butterfield, Anya, Martin, Thorne et al from FL at all. I guess that's a hint.

Difficult to say - The romantic in me says there's still space for Thorne and Martin because they have contracts past the end of the season - But the pragmatist in me says it's probably time for them to move on - Think they both still have a lot to offer and with the fractured last couple of years they've had it might be better for them to have a proper fresh start somewhere

Maybe Stevie G would take them at Rangers? 

13 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Difficult to say - The romantic in me says there's still space for Thorne and Martin because they have contracts past the end of the season - But the pragmatist in me says it's probably time for them to move on - Think they both still have a lot to offer and with the fractured last couple of years they've had it might be better for them to have a proper fresh start somewhere

Maybe Stevie G would take them at Rangers? 

Why would you wish them to QPR - that's worse than our U23s edit: caught out ?! There's no reason for any of our players to move on if they offer what FL & JM want. The interesting quote from 'arry that someone mentioned about FL not wanting to use some of the 'footballing ability' at the club makes me wonder. Can't see why Thorne wasn't on the bench last night. Can't see why Martin couldn't be either as long as both are fit. They'll only get match fit by playing.

Last night made me think it's going to be a long season, and be careful what you wish for, lol! We needed someone to hold possession up front, someone who could them do something with it - didn't seem to be a lot of that about all round to be honest. So I think Chrissy could be a good option for us, but who knows what goes on in FL's footballing mind! 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

There's no reason for any of our players to move on if they offer what FL & JM want. The interesting quote from 'arry that someone mentioned about FL not wanting to use some of the 'footballing ability' at the club makes me wonder.

As I say - Would love to see both of them being brought back into the fold - Think on form they're two of the best players we have - And I work on the basis that I judge on the next game not what's gone on the last 2 years

My major worry is that both of them are smart, passionate players - The nightmare they've both had over the last couple of seasons is almost certainly having a psychological effect on them and it might be best for both of their careers if they had a clean break and a fresh start somewhere

Archived