Chris Martin

Waffle

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Pleased for you and not for a moment would i say what you have is minor but consider yourself fortunate not to have had the full-blown version my brother-in-law has. Apart from the physical aspects of the condition, the effect on your social life and the psychological aspects of having chronic colitis can be life-affecting.

I hope your brother-in-law makes a full recovery.  Maybe I am lucky or maybe the treatment just worked for me. I went through some rough times both physically and mentally but like I said it is under control and hopefully will remain so

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I have pancolitis and when it's under control its not too bad.  However, I often feel lethargic and tired which is a common side effect.  When in a flare it is bloody horrible and just leaving the house can be a challenge, believe me. 

Do check out the work of Dr Zack Bush. Hear him Speak on bulletproof radio podcast or the rich roll podcast. New science of the gut that I cannot begin to articulate and could lead to some help...

9 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Bloody hell. I have colitis and it can be annoying at times  but I get on with my life and it does not bother me. From diagnosis to being sorted or should I say controlled was a few months. It does not stop me doing anything.  So I doubt it is colitis 

7 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

I know there are different types of colitis and I know all about it. It is debilitating at times. It can be controlled.  If he had this through last season as some say, he would or should not have been on loan. Very unfair on the club

Massively contradicting statements there mate. IMO it's like asthma. Some folks are barely bothered by it, others have a far harder time of it. You can't always judge the effects of these illnesses by your own experiences. Also, I thought the colitis first became evident while Chris was at Reading, not beforehand. I don't think we'd knowingly ship out a player on loan knowing that it could be detrimental to him to play and that the club taking the player would be getting someone unable to play. That seems a rather unlikely scenario to me.

28 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Massively contradicting statements there mate. IMO it's like asthma. Some folks are barely bothered by it, others have a far harder time of it. You can't always judge the effects of these illnesses by your own experiences. Also, I thought the colitis first became evident while Chris was at Reading, not beforehand. I don't think we'd knowingly ship out a player on loan knowing that it could be detrimental to him to play and that the club taking the player would be getting someone unable to play. That seems a rather unlikely scenario to me.

Spot on. Don't expect the Martin hates to take any notice of that fact though, they'll keep employing their double standards to snipe at Chrissy wherever possible. 

6 hours ago, Andicis said:

Spot on. Don't expect the Martin hates to take any notice of that fact though, they'll keep employing their double standards to snipe at Chrissy wherever possible. 

I wasn't sniping at Chris Martin at all. I was merely trying to point out (Probably not very well) that colitis can be controlled. 

Hopefully he gets back fit soon and provides us with another option. Very different player to Waghorn and Marriott. We all know what he can do. I don't expect him to bang 20 a season any more, but we still miss those deft touches around the box and the ability to win a foul anywhere on the pitch when we're under pressure.

He'll still have that football brain, it's just a case of whether his body can keep up.

The purpose of this sub-forum is to discuss and debate transfer of Derby County players.

People come here to read transfer news and talk about it. There is currently no transfer news regarding Chris Martin. Members seeing new content on this thread might expect to read about potential developments only to discover the same posters going on about how he’s been used by different managers, how what he’s eaten for breakfast might have given him colitis, how failing to visit his family in Beccles ruined his form etc etc.

For any Chris Martin medical advice, tactical debates, wardrobe fittings, revosionist history of his time at the club under different managers and much more, please visit the thread I’ve pulled from this one and added to Rams Talk: 

8 hours ago, Duracell said:

The purpose of this sub-forum is to discuss and debate transfer of Derby County players.

People come here to read transfer news and talk about it. There is currently no transfer news regarding Chris Martin. Members seeing new content on this thread might expect to read about potential developments only to discover the same posters going on about how he’s been used by different managers, how what he’s eaten for breakfast might have given him colitis, how failing to visit his family in Beccles ruined his form etc etc.

For any Chris Martin medical advice, tactical debates, wardrobe fittings, revosionist history of his time at the club under different managers and much more, please visit the thread I’ve pulled from this one and added to Rams Talk: 

You got more likes than I got for posting the original. Must be personal.

Archived