Chris Martin

Waffle

1 minute ago, EraniosSocks said:

This conversation occurs every year same with George thorne, think a lot of derby fans find it hard to let go? 

And has gone on since God was a boy - Stimac back, Riggott, Christie, Barnes.

There is a mathematical theory aligned to it, called the Nostalgia Factor:

(Number of games played x Days since they last played for us) / (Number of times you actually saw them play x Miles from Pride Park player was born) = Nostaligia factor

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dappled Ram said:

Oh dear. I'm really getting fed up of so called supporters having such negative one sided, all or nothing views of players. Sure Chris has his faults- everyone does. Arguments should be backed up with evidence. After 5 months of being on this site the vitriol and unpleasantness of some people is really getting me down. So goodnight and goodbye!

Really! Players on such exaggerated contracts and salaries in my opinion, the first requirement is work hard.

In any job you first need to work hard, and in my opinion any player that I consider is not working hard is not worthy of my appreciation.

I will not apologise for my belief.

1 minute ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Really! Players on such exaggerated contracts and salaries in my opinion, the first requirement is work hard.

In any job you first need to work hard, and in my opinion any player that I consider is not working hard is not worthy of my appreciation.

I will not apologise for my belief.

Morning Frank! How are you settling in? Bit of a bummer Saturday eh?

?

Take Richard Keogh for example. 

Yes he has not had the best of starts to the season, but during his entire DCFC career I can not say he has not tried hard.

He gives maximum effort at all times, yes he makes mistakes, all players do, but I have never questioned his desire or work ethic, to do his level best using all his abilities to make DCFC better. 

Likewise any player I feel gives of his best will always get 100% support from me.

But any player I feel is not worthy of my respect by (In my opinion) not giving his best efforts, will not !!

The whole Martin conundrum- it’s fairly simple really as we know he can be very good in a 433 but under Rowett ball or Pearson non football he was useless but because another tranch of forwards have been brought in he will probably move on but he still remains the best forward for the job when fully fit and from what I saw of waghorn ( and over many seasons of bits and pieces of him) he would be better for Derby county if he moves to the side and probably the right hand side for his work rate and ability level 

I would keep and use Martin but the probability is that it’s not going to happen which is a shame and it’s probably a similar situation with Thorne as he is the best CDM we have when fit 

16 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The whole Martin conundrum- it’s fairly simple really as we know he can be very good in a 433 but under Rowett ball or Pearson non football he was useless but because another tranch of forwards have been brought in he will probably move on but he still remains the best forward for the job when fully fit and from what I saw of waghorn ( and over many seasons of bits and pieces of him) he would be better for Derby county if he moves to the side and probably the right hand side for his work rate and ability level 

I would keep and use Martin but the probability is that it’s not going to happen which is a shame and it’s probably a similar situation with Thorne as he is the best CDM we have when fit 

Spot on. Should happen, Frank said everyone got a clean slate...but Martin hasn’t been fit.

Archived