Chris Martin

Waffle

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I like to see vryda and martin togather if he still here I mean vryda

But love to luke tomson and martin togather or kelly gordon with adding under 23 to first team will add pace to the team.

Don’t forget Blackman mate! ??

48 minutes ago, WestLondonRam said:

Is that George Thorne bending over by Chris's Light Sabre?

Actually it looks like George has managed to get himself impaled on Chris's light sabre. That'll be another 6 months out then.

FFS George!

Chris is looking good. I just hope wherever he ends up this season he gets regular match play. I think he's had a rough deal over the last couple of seasons and deserves a break. Be ok with me if he stays and I too would like to see him and Vydra in 9 and 10 position. I applaud the way Frank is assessing all the squad from scratch.

14 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Chris is looking good. I just hope wherever he ends up this season he gets regular match play. I think he's had a rough deal over the last couple of seasons and deserves a break. Be ok with me if he stays and I too would like to see him and Vydra in 9 and 10 position. I applaud the way Frank is assessing all the squad from scratch.

I would love Frank to revitalise the existing squad and tactics and see where we get. The lack of mobility is over hyped.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I would love Frank to revitalise the existing squad and tactics and see where we get. The lack of mobility is over hyped.

i think that' right - for all the eulogizing of Harry Kane, pace is not really his main weapon - intelligence, touch and finishing are. Same can apply to Chris Martin.

1 minute ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Still think he should go. Time for a fresh start for everyone. 

If we have players here that perform for lampard then that's the fresh start as far as I'm concerned.....

It's the management and game play styles implemented by rowett and Pearson that needed to change.

Most of our McLaren era squad that are still here will thrive under good attacking,flowing football.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If we have players here that perform for lampard then that's the fresh start as far as I'm concerned.....

It's the management and game play styles implemented by rowett and Pearson that needed to change.

Most of our McLaren era squad that are still here will thrive under good attacking,flowing football.

Agreed. Think Martin needs it too though. He can't have another season of not really playing. He's too good for that. 

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

When I watched the players, which included Martin, that were available to Clough at the end of his reign as manager, I considered them an average team that would need the addition of a number better players to give us any chance of getting anywhere near the promotion places. Mac came in and with basically the same squad turned us into a team, that with a bit of luck, could have easily been sat mid table of the premiership the following season.

So whats to say that Frank can not do the same with the present squad.

Archived