Retained List Announced.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Roos was out of contract this summer or have i missed his renewal?

A lot of players who could go this summer. Wouldnt be shocked to see Blackman back in the first team picture if he comes back from his loan with renewed confidence

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

We still seem to have a first team squad of 28 (prior to any wheeling and dealing) on this basis, which I think from memory is north of the number Gary quoted as being preferable to work with when he arrived.

And that's without promoting any further youth eg Elsnik up.

Illustrative of the size of the task of squad trimming ahead.

The first team squad doesnt mean all the squad are on first team wages i suppose.So therefore if you discount Bennet-Roos-Lowe-Mitchell-Thomas-Bogle from the 28 leaves potential 21 on first team wages take away the likes of Martin-Blackman-Bryson-Butterfield who are probably certain to move on one way or another this should rtrim the wage bill sufficiently to add Winnal plus a couple more even without selling Vydra?

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

The fact that Winall seemed to stick around the club despite being out for the season, rather than just heading back to SW hints that we may try and do a deal for him? Trouble is, if SW think we want him (and especially if we sell Vydra) they will ask for silly money ?

We could swap winnall for Ollson and they could sit on a different treatment table but seriously are we going to offer money to someone who is long term injured and hasn’t proved full fitness because if our finances are so tight we shouldn’t be doing that surely 

12 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Thought Roos was out of contract this summer or have i missed his renewal?

A lot of players who could go this summer. Wouldnt be shocked to see Blackman back in the first team picture if he comes back from his loan with renewed confidence

Yeah Roos isn't mentioned at all which is odd. I'm assuming he'd be released.

The fact that Winall seemed to stick around the club despite being out for the season, rather than just heading back to SW hints that we may try and do a deal for him? Trouble is, if SW think we want him (and especially if we sell Vydra) they will ask for silly money ?

The word has been spread around, S.Winnall had to pass a rigid medical test several days ago which had to confirm his recovery chances in order for his transfer to The Rams to be rounded shortly, it's actually a swap deal for J. Butterfield.

I like his attitude but unless he's on a free or available for under 500k then it's a no for me.  We have other priorities 

4 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

The first team squad doesnt mean all the squad are on first team wages i suppose

Indeed not - but hasn't there been occasional rumours of wage spirals as new signings are brought in on higher wages and then contracts for the players who are "flavours of the month" are renegotiated to play catch up?

Our overall wage envelope (quoted on some other thread) seems to have increased by a factor of almost 3 times since the last year of Clough.

2 hours ago, David said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/05/rams-confirm-end-of-season-retained-list

First-team squad players under contract beyond the summer of 2018: Scott Carson, Craig Forsyth, Richard Keogh, Ikechi Anya, Tom Lawrence, Andre Wisdom, Bradley Johnson, Alex Pearce, Andreas Weimann, Mason Bennett, Kelle Roos, Matej Vydra, Max Lowe, Jamie Hanson, David Nugent, Marcus Olsson, Cameron Jerome, Curtis Davies, George Thorne, Jonathan Mitchell, Joe Ledley, Tom Huddlestone, Luke Thomas, Jayden Bogle, Chris Martin, Craig Bryson, Jacob Butterfield, Nick Blackman.

First-team squad players out of contract: Chris Baird, Darren Bent, Jason Shackell.

Loan deals concluding: Sam Winnall (Sheffield Wednesday), Kasey Palmer (Chelsea).

Under 23 squad players under contract beyond the summer of 2018: Alex Babos, Josh Barnes, Timi-Max Elsnik, Kellan Gordon, Callum Guy, Calum Macdonald, Henrich Ravas, Lewis Walker, Charles Vernam, Ethan Wassall, Offrande Zanzala, Kyle McAllister, Joe Bateman, Matt Yates, Sven Karic, Max Hunt, Jayden Mitchell-Lawson, Cameron Cresswell, Fuseine Rashid.

Out of contract Under 23 squad players not offered new terms:Alex Cover, Emil Riis Jakobsen, Kyron Stabana, Matthew Taylor

Under 18s players retained for second year of scholarship: Sam French, Lee Buchanan, Max Bird, Callum Minkley, Jordan Brown, Jason Knight, Connor Dixon, Morgan Whittaker, Yoann Greco

Under 18s players released at end of scholarship: Ayomide Jibodu.

Under-18s players retained for third year scholarship: Henry Wise.

Shouldn't Sibley be in there somewhere?

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

Interesting to see stabana go, didn't see much of him myself but people on here rated him quite highly.

Anyway good luck to him and the other released youngsters, it'll be really tough for some of them!

Sometimes it's not so much about how good they are, but about who else there is in that position coming through that may be better. 

2 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

There's still a place for Butterfield at Derby. Have you not seen how many they've released from the U23s. 

Rowett made it pretty clear he didn't want him so he got punted to Sheffield Wednesday who allegedly suited his style better. They couldn't wait to be rid of him.

It doesn't look good. I had high hopes for him but for whatever reason it isn't working out for him here. Under normal circumstances that would be fine but his reputation within the division has likely taking an absolute pasting as a result of his recent performances.

Archived