Best team won

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best team won, without a shadow of a doubt. Fulham would give most teams in the Prem a game, Mitrovic unplayable at times. 

What is frustrating is they scored 2 goals from a cross/set piece rather than passing through us. I’d expected us to have dealt with both goals a lot better.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Play-Offs were a bonus, we didn't "throw promotion away" as some will say - they were just a bit of drama as a reward for a generally successful season.

Agreed. Best way I’ve seen it put but it’s still disappointing however high the odds were stacked against us. 

Indeed they did, great shame to see us no longer have the composure and skill that they showed tonight. Hope they go up, they deserve it with that team. As much as we all hoped and prayed to make it, we didn’t deserve owt out of that game today. Inferior in every way.

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

Although I enjoy the play-offs, it does make a mockery of the league games that Fulham have to play us in the first place.

why?

Nothing disgusting about playing that way against them given the tools at our disposal - but it is disgusting that we have those tools at our disposal. 

Best player in the ground tonight downed a pint before he attended the fixture, and this time last year he was contracted to us and we sold him for a pittance.

He plays for Watford - do you think he cried when he was sold?

7 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

For the first part, I dunno, I just feel like Fulham deserve promotion more than us due to the fact they’ve been much better and finished well above us.

As for the second part - erm, no?? Not sure what you’re getting at. I was just saying we sold our best player on the cheap...

21 minutes ago, Duracell said:

For the first part, I dunno, I just feel like Fulham deserve promotion more than us due to the fact they’ve been much better and finished well above us.

As for the second part - erm, no?? Not sure what you’re getting at. I was just saying we sold our best player on the cheap...

We sold him for what someone wanted to pay for him cheap to us. 

Vydra will go for more probably. 

2 hours ago, belperram9 said:

Best team won, without a shadow of a doubt. Fulham would give most teams in the Prem a game, Mitrovic unplayable at times. 

What is frustrating is they scored 2 goals from a cross/set piece rather than passing through us. I’d expected us to have dealt with both goals a lot better.

I can't see Fulham's stay lasting more than a season in the Prem, especially if they don't improve their defence.  Derby's efforts in front of goal tonight was woeful but we were still able to put in enough good balls into the box, that any half decent Prem striker would have scored at least once.

2 hours ago, 1of4 said:

I can't see Fulham's stay lasting more than a season in the Prem, especially if they don't improve their defence.  Derby's efforts in front of goal tonight was woeful but we were still able to put in enough good balls into the box, that any half decent Prem striker would have scored at least once.

I can.

They play with determination and seem to get to the ball a split second before their opponents.

There is something ruthless about their style which means that you daren't lose focus or shape for a second when playing them.

Their heads don't go down when things get tough.

They have a good manager who commands respect and an ambitious (very rich!) owner.

"Win at all costs" rather than "just do your best!

They stayed in the Prem for 14 years.

Good luck to them!

Guys, Let's put some perspective on this.

We finished 6th!! Who on here would have taken that at the start of the season? I know I would.

It was the play-offs and I know anything can happen, but the best team did indeed win over the 2 games. 

Fulham, if they go up will be probably in the Brighton/Huddersfield bracket (fighting to stay alive).

They were by far better than us, so let's flip on its head and say we hung on and went on to win at Wembley.

Given Fulham were that much better and probably will struggle next year (if they go up) what chance would you have given us?

I am more than happy to carry on building a team that if it gets promoted would be there not to just make up the relegation battle.

So chin up and forever onwards and up

13 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I'm surprisingly ungutted tonight.

We were going nowhere until GR changed the formation after Burton, we then made the play offs but in truth were second best over the 2 legs.

He found a way to get the most out of a squad that was failing, and although we haven't achieved promotion, I think there's something to build on going forward that didn't exist a few short weeks ago.

I'd like to apologise for the above post.

I should know better than to post immediately after a disappointing result when I've been drinking.

Get sharpening that knife, Mel.?

4 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Guys, Let's put some perspective on this.

We finished 6th!! Who on here would have taken that at the start of the season? I know I would.

It was the play-offs and I know anything can happen, but the best team did indeed win over the 2 games. 

Fulham, if they go up will be probably in the Brighton/Huddersfield bracket (fighting to stay alive).

They were by far better than us, so let's flip on its head and say we hung on and went on to win at Wembley.

Given Fulham were that much better and probably will struggle next year (if they go up) what chance would you have given us?

I am more than happy to carry on building a team that if it gets promoted would be there not to just make up the relegation battle.

So chin up and forever onwards and up

The problem is are we really building ? we've got an old squard who are now going into next year, a year older! That's not building. Gary had a job to clear out some of the deadwood and older players. He hasn't done that hes added to it. That's not building for the future, that's building a huge squad of OAP's

Archived