Best team won

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bazal77 said:

Only one “football” team turned up tonight 

Performance was disgusting and an insult to everyone who watched it and backed the team 

Nah, we set up perfectly. Since getting Mitrovic Fulham have been the best team in the league, even better than Wolves.

A bit more quality in the final third and we were scoring 2 or 3 goals tonight.

It’s a game of opinions. Disgusting may be too far but you could not have been happy from 45 minutes on Friday through to 65 minutes this game.  We were lacking in quality and skill. I cannot imagine another team in this league or the prem not playing their/the league’s top scorer. Massive boost for Fulham before the game starts

A bit of composure in the final third and we might have nicked it. 

Fulham are the better side and desered their win.

I would have kept Jerome on if only for his aerial threat. 

Let' s enjoy the summer and hope for the first decent window in years. 

Performance was embarrassing. We're in the playoffs, and we don't play the league's top scorer and try to park the bus, yet Keogh's terrible defending for the first goal was comical. We never looked like winning. After Sessegnon scored, only one team was ever winning this game, and that was the footballing side. I'm glad you kept on two holding midfielders when we needed a goal to save our season Gary, that was a smart decision.

5 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Unbelievable effort from the boys over two legs. A few personnel out and a bit of legs in, and this formation has a massive chance of getting us up next season. 

Good luck to Fulham at Wembley 

Well said.

A nice under-the-radar summer again where we get players who everyone is raving about come mid-season. 

I enjoyed this season. It's the first season in a long time I've had chance to watch every Derby game and it's been amazing - I don't care about the style of play. 

Ok, we're not dancing around opposition and scoring for fun but it has elements of its play to get excited about. We just need a little more quality, mainly in the decision making department, and we can have a much better chance than we did this season.

Play-Offs were a bonus, we didn't "throw promotion away" as some will say - they were just a bit of drama as a reward for a generally successful season.

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Sorry mate, but you’re speaking out your behind. 

granted im extrmely annoyed, however that match was screaming out for a change of something, it was poorly managed, we went to fulham and basically commited suicide by digging in from the 1st minute, there wasnt a sane person who honestly could see us defending for the entire 90 mins 

There is absolutely no shame in losing to a better side. Fulham wore us down, and we couldn’t keep them out. We had several opportunities over both games where our final ball wasnt good enough under pressure. We had to be clinical and we weren’t.

@SuperDerbySuperRams is spot on, a bit more quality in forward areas, some more legs in midfield and we’ll be right in contention next season. Should be an interesting summer.

1 minute ago, Bazal77 said:

granted im extrmely annoyed, however that match was screaming out for a change of something, it was poorly managed, we went to fulham and basically commited suicide by digging in from the 1st minute, there wasnt a sane person who honestly could see us defending for the entire 90 mins 

I understand mate, but how would you approached it then? If we had gone for it we would have been killed in my opinion 

We have looked much better with 3-4-2-1 to be fair, the only problem is we didn't really have the personnel suited to play that formation. It was a reactive decision to our poor form and although we look better in it, style wise there's some square pegs in round holes that if sorted could make us very dangerous. What GR needs to decide now is a real identity to push forward with and recruit specifically to suit that. If we're going 3-4-2-1 I think we'll probably need 4 or 5 first team capable players. Big ask.

Showe'd  too much respect and never put them under pressure ,always going to conceded at theirs ,thought Hudds gave the ball away too easily and we created our own probs by giving  away poccession.

plenty of effort but GR  got it wrong tonight. Well done lads.

I'm surprisingly ungutted tonight.

We were going nowhere until GR changed the formation after Burton, we then made the play offs but in truth were second best over the 2 legs.

He found a way to get the most out of a squad that was failing, and although we haven't achieved promotion, I think there's something to build on going forward that didn't exist a few short weeks ago.

13 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Well said.

A nice under-the-radar summer again where we get players who everyone is raving about come mid-season. 

I enjoyed this season. It's the first season in a long time I've had chance to watch every Derby game and it's been amazing - I don't care about the style of play. 

Ok, we're not dancing around opposition and scoring for fun but it has elements of its play to get excited about. We just need a little more quality, mainly in the decision making department, and we can have a much better chance than we did this season.

Play-Offs were a bonus, we didn't "throw promotion away" as some will say - they were just a bit of drama as a reward for a generally successful season.

Careful! You have to be a self-entitled drama queen to post on here. None of this rational and sensible reflection please. 

i would have started our top scorer, i would have defended as we did for the first twenty minutes but then i would have 'gone for it' we dug in and if thats the derby way then so be it, but when they scored the game was begging for a change you could see it, but nothing happened. 

fulham deserved to win no qualms with that but im just diappointed that that is how we performed and how we were managed 

Although I enjoy the play-offs, it does make a mockery of the league games that Fulham have to play us in the first place.

Nothing disgusting about playing that way against them given the tools at our disposal - but it is disgusting that we have those tools at our disposal. 

Best player in the ground tonight downed a pint before he attended the fixture, and this time last year he was contracted to us and we sold him for a pittance.

Archived