Best team won

25 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

The problem is are we really building ? we've got an old squard who are now going into next year, a year older! That's not building. Gary had a job to clear out some of the deadwood and older players. He hasn't done that hes added to it. That's not building for the future, that's building a huge squad of OAP's

I guess it depends on how you look at it. We know there isn't a great deal of money to spend and we have a bloated squad that needs reducing in size before we can spend/build.

Granted those we bought in were getting on but also experienced and to be honest most of them have been among our best players in recent weeks.

So while I get where you are coming from, once Gary has got rid of those players bought before his time and he can fully build then so be it

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really read much of a response or know where to post mine so here will do.

Basically, we were never anywhere near being good enough for promotion, but i am absolutely gutted we aren't planning our Wembley trip today.

At the end of the day it took us over 40 games to find a plan B, then plan B became the only plan.

To me it shows that last pre-season we didn't exactly go in with a 'no stone unturned' approach.

Pre season will be the key to our success next season. We must recruit smartly, master a couple of formations for different set-ups, work on becoming the fittest team in the league (this is a huge key), consistently play a few youngsters.

Success isn't a coincidence. You must prepare better than everybody else. It is only the championship at the end of the day and last night was still only Fulham. (although we treated them like a top 4 prem team.)

Yes they did, and our lads played a big part and for that i aploud them. They left nothing on the pitch and can be proud of them selves. They need to use that disappointment as motivation for next year. Well done the players and the fans that went you were fantastic 

well done Fulham, all the best in the final

come on you rams ? 

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 21:51, Andicis said:

Performance was embarrassing. We're in the playoffs, and we don't play the league's top scorer and try to park the bus, yet Keogh's terrible defending for the first goal was comical. We never looked like winning. After Sessegnon scored, only one team was ever winning this game, and that was the footballing side. I'm glad you kept on two holding midfielders when we needed a goal to save our season Gary, that was a smart decision.

Try looking again at their first goal and see what 'golden boy who can do no wrong' Wisdom was playing at.  When the ball was played in he was alongside Sessegnon, but then stood still and let him have all the space in the world to score the goal. It was a mistake that all players make but some like Keogh, get called out for it and others like Wisdom, can do no wrong.

I don't know what people were expecting from this season, Rowett, unlike previous managers, has gone into this season having paid out less in transfer fees than he received, yet finished higher than with the previous more expensive valued squad.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Try looking again at their first goal and see what 'golden boy who can do no wrong' Wisdom was playing at.  When the ball was played in he was alongside Sessegnon, but then stood still and let him have all the space in the world to score the goal. It was a mistake that all players make but some like Keogh, get called out for it and others like Wisdom, can do no wrong.

I don't know what people were expecting from this season, Rowett, unlike previous managers, has gone into this season having paid out less in transfer fees than he received, yet finished higher than with the previous more expensive valued squad.

The passage of play leading to that first goal We had free ball when Wisdom decided on some sort of stupid scope that went horribly wrong up the line, gifted possession back to Fulham who then 4-5 passes later had the ball in our box and bang good night Vienna 

he had a little renaissance in this new formation but I thought against Fulham and prior to the formation change Andre had been rather disappointing. 

Im not calling for him or anything but Iv been disappointed in him, put it like this he lost his place to 147 year old Chris Baird for a fair bit of time so he needs to look at himself and realise he's still got a lot to work on 

as for poor old fizzy, as sir Alan would say .. "with regret ..ur fired" bless him 

22 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

The passage of play leading to that first goal We had free ball when Wisdom decided on some sort of stupid scope that went horribly wrong up the line, gifted possession back to Fulham who then 4-5 passes later had the ball in our box and bang good night Vienna 

he had a little renaissance in this new formation but I thought against Fulham and prior to the formation change Andre had been rather disappointing. 

Im not calling for him or anything but Iv been disappointed in him, put it like this he lost his place to 147 year old Chris Baird for a fair bit of time so he needs to look at himself and realise he's still got a lot to work on 

as for poor old fizzy, as sir Alan would say .. "with regret ..ur fired" bless him 

The only problem with Baird is he always gave his maximum, but frequently needed a rest. 

8 hours ago, philmycock said:

Fulham. Please batter Villa. Thank you.

Villa please win by cheating to pay back mcDonald on Wiemann (cynical stopping a good breakaway) , Johanson on Jerome ( even more cynical and better breakaway 3 on 2 ) Kamara for his disgusting diving attempt to get Carson sent off and the rest of them for worse time wasting than Millwall did at PP ! Dont get the Fulham love in on here , F@&@ the dirty cheats , i hope Villa win with a dive penalty in the 90th min !!! 

7 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Yes read somewhere o this Forum that Keogh was at fault. 

Clear to me that Andre didn't go with his man.

Having said that he is still the best Right Back we have had in ages and hopefully a fixture for years to come.

Archived