Fulham F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

**** you Derby, for making me believe. And **** you Rowett, for daring to put out such a pathetic, negative side that you have wanted to do all season long. Rowett out. Get a manager that wants to win games, not not lose them. It's embarrassing. League top scorer not on until we're losing. Start next year with Warburton please, no more Rowettball before I lose my sanity. How dare you embarrass Derby by putting out that performance.

The usual suspects were primed and waiting for us to fall behind so the template "I told you so" comments could be posted. We fought hard over two legs. Fulham are obviously a much better team and on the balance of the two games they'd have deserved to go through, but that doesn't mean we couldn't have made it. The timing of the Sessegnon goal was the turning point. The crowd picked up hugely after that, and they had the whole half to push for that second which duly came. If we held on til the hour at 0-0 the crowd would've got anxious and the players may have got a bit desperate, but it wasn't to be. I don't blame Rowett's tactics. Nobody in the second half of the season could cope with Fulham here. We kept them out once, I don't blame him for backing us to do the same and for large parts of the 180 minutes we defended very well.

GR's had a good season results wise, what he's ultimately judged on, and exceeded the majority of people's expectations. It would've been a dream to do it this season but it wasn't to be. We've been close before, I'm sure we'll go close again in the not too distant future no matter how much it hurts right now.

Big summer. Month off from football before the World Cup and more disappointment so make the most of it. Proud of the lads, they worked hard but the better team with the better individuals prevailed in the end.

Unlucky boys. Regroup and go again next season!

The lads gave everything but honestly that's not enough. Work rate isn't enough. We didn't have enough quality at either end of the pitch tonight and it shows in the result. Trying to sit back and hit a team like Fulham on the break shouldn't have been our plan A but oh well. See you all in August!

Not actually too bothered at losing tonight. We are not ready to go up - Fulham are a much better team than us but yet only 1 goal difference over 180 minutes. Gary has not got us too far away - we will win more games than we lose under him but the squad is a bit light in a few areas & the rebuilding needs to continue. I’d cash in on Vydra now to allow this to continue. We can play without him but he is a luxury & we have more pressing needs in midfield & out wide.

The switch to a 5-2-3 suits us & I’d like to see us have a full season being able switch between this & a 4-2-3-1 when required.

Overall good progress under GR given the financial restraints & he deserves at least another year to keep us competing whilst he transforms the team. There is nothing scary coming down & I’m confident we’ll be in the top 6 again next season.

If it cheers anybody up though Fulham will lose in the final to Villa (they deserve to be back in the top flight) & they’ll lose Mitrovic, Sessegnon, Cairney & Fredericks - they’ll be nothing next season !!

Better team went through.

We gave it a go but came short in the second half. I won't begrudge the result and I'll regard the season as reaching par, finished 6th did ok against a superior team in the play offs.

However, the frustration of our breakaway attacks floundering through our own ineptness will linger long and bitter. If that's the team we're going to be, and it seems we are, that's ok, but, we need to be a lot slicker about it.

Won't fault effort, commitment, tactics marginally to negative in hindsight, but opening up could've been a massacre so I understand the judgment.

Sham the opportunity went, but really, it went when we couldn't get a win for nearly two months.

We'll all be back next season.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The prem’s much different nowadays mate. The money is much more evenly distributed meaning that it would be next to impossible for any team to be that bad again. Burnley finished 7th this season with a relatively championship quality team

Had nothing to do with the money FFS. We bought Earnshaw and that was it. Christ, why do you always have to be so feckin preachy. Drop me out for once will ya?

Just now, nottingram said:

Good to see all the old faces back, delighted that we lost. It’s been nice without them but never mind.

Interesting that you say that but is anyone glad that we lost? It’s well accepted that we were beaten by the better team. 

Archived