Would you sell Vydra?

robglosta

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not for £10m, no.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see us cash in this Summer though as he'll be at his peak value after this season.

For the divisions top goalscorer, now coming into his prime at 25/26 years old, we should be looking at in excess of £15m for Vyds.

If we go up, then no, NOT FOR SALE!

Cue another thread that'll soon be derailed by the usual suspects bring up the 12 pence and a bag of footballs that we sold Will Hughes for................

Probably the best forward we've had in years and doesn't need the formation to be built around him to score goals. We wouldn't be able to replace his quality easily, even with a massive budget. If Vydra fits into whichever system Rowett plans on pursuing in the future, it'd be the wrong decision to sell him, regardless of fee

Everybody has their price, but to buy him after a season of 3 goals in 30 odd games for Reading, turn him into the top goalscorer in the division, then ONLY make a £2mil profit would be ludicrous.

If that happened then we may as well release a statement saying “we’re in the **** financially” because that’d essentially be what we are if we sold him at that price.

Anything over £18m in my opinion, seems the going rate these days for a player like Vydra at this level.

Funny on the way to the match yesterday I said to my mate I think the loan transfer market is the way out of the Championship.Let's face if you go up or stay down it's time to switch it around .If we got a really good price then yes sell to fund 3 or 4 top loan players . 

NO. We hear so much from the club and building a squad capable of going up each year, what use is it selling you best players each season. Hughes, Hendrick, Ince. No for me, you aren't replacing 20+ goals a season easily.

Just think where we'd be  without him. That should answer your question

If we don't go up, yes, totally.

No one player is stronger than the team, and we're going to need a rebuild. I very much believe the players brought in this season we're to have as good a go as we could with the funds and existing squad THIS season.

We'd get a good price,ifwe don't get a good offer, don't sell,but I'm sure we'd get something good.

Midfielder with energy and skills, left back, improved Pearce / competition for Keogh and Davies. Better winger, better top man, move Lawrence to Vydra's old job. Clear out the squad who aren't in the plans.

He's our record transfer at over £8m. He's just gone on to win the Golden Boot. Why on earth would we consider selling him for £10m? The Gumps sold Assombolonga to Boro for over £15m when he could hardly walk after his injury, and had achieved nothing compared to Vyds. 

If we go up we have to keep him. He's so talented. 

If we don't, I expect he'll move on, but not for less than £20m in the modern market.

Not an easy yes or no question.

If we go up, no, no reason to really.

If you watch the interview with him on the clubs YouTube channel he talks about why he’s been at his best this season, talks about the amount of managers he’s had to work under, hasn’t been easy but now under Gary he’s happy. Hopes he stays. That sounds like a settled player who is happy.

If we wasn’t to go up though and a Premier League club came in, be it one of the promoted clubs, it’s difficult to know if he would want to take that opportunity or go for another Championship promotion challenge.

It’s ok being settled but I’m sure he has ambitions of playing in the top flight and possibly for his country again.

If he did, then I would support the club in selling him, no player is bigger than Derby County, get the best price you can and move on.

I would be shocked if there was zero interest in the Championship top goal scorer and would be difficult to replace.

But I wouldn’t actively look to sell him just to raise funds, no guarantee that money will replace his goals.

Just to tack on to this I do hope that all contract renewals take place in the summer, those that no longer want to be at the club are moved on if possible, try to avoid another Russell situation.

Contracts mean little I know, a lot can happen between the summer and January, I would be happy if we never played a part in the winter window ever again, ins and outs. Never happen but I can dream right?

No if we go up. We will have the money to buy in positions we need strengthening.

Yes if we stay down and get an offer in excess of £20 mil. But only if we can get the targets we really need. No point in selling vyds for £20mil if we have to spend over the odds for replacements.

1 hour ago, curtains said:

No not after the Hughes !

Watford manager wanting Southgate to include Hughes in World Cup squad.............................Would he be the player he now is without Watford's input?

Archived