Would you sell Vydra?

robglosta

If we don’t go up then I’d sell whilst he is at the top of his value. Get £15-20m for him and start the re build with younger hungrier players to fit what GR wants to do.

We then have over 10 players out of contract at end of next season some of whom are on big wages (Butterfield, Johnson, Bryson, Blackman etc). We’ll then have a lot of wriggle room under FFP to finish the rebuilding.

If we don’t go up then without selling Vydra there will be very few incomings this summer.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our little Czech otter should not be sold. Especially as he actually has the ability to score a similar amount of goals in the Prem. In the current market his value over the next two years, should he go up with us, could actually quadruple that what we paid for him. His finishing is razor sharp on either foot...that is so rare! 

Now here's a question...has Vydra ever scored with a header for Derby? 

Can't think of one. 

1 minute ago, Manicsheepreacher said:

Our little Czech otter should not be sold. Especially as he actually has the ability to score a similar amount of goals in the Prem. In the current market his value over the next two years, should he go up with us, could actually quadruple that what we paid for him. His finishing is razor sharp on either foot...that is so rare! 

Now here's a question...has Vydra ever scored with a header for Derby? 

Can't think of one. 

Sorry to say he’d get nowhere near 20 goals in the premier league. Aguero has 21 and lukaku only has 16. 

1 hour ago, ram93 said:

NO. We hear so much from the club and building a squad capable of going up each year, what use is it selling you best players each season. Hughes, Hendrick, Ince. No for me, you aren't replacing 20+ goals a season easily.

Just think where we'd be  without him. That should answer your question

That was the old Derby that talked about building a squad capable of promotion. This season they have repeatedly said we will require even more cost cutting next season if we don't go up - I would assume Vydra, as our prize asset, will be gone, but sold for a handful of magic beans like Hughes was. If it was my choice would definitely keep him though.

35 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

If we don’t go up then I’d sell whilst he is at the top of his value. Get £15-20m for him and start the re build with younger hungrier players to fit what GR wants to do.

We then have over 10 players out of contract at end of next season some of whom are on big wages (Butterfield, Johnson, Bryson, Blackman etc). We’ll then have a lot of wriggle room under FFP to finish the rebuilding.

If we don’t go up then without selling Vydra there will be very few incomings this summer.

Not that easy, I'm afraid. If you let players go out of contract, their residual values will have become zero. Under the old arrangements, where all in fees were amortised down to zero, that wouldn't have been a problem. Nowadays though, some of the players you mention may have been given quite high residual values and large losses might arise. It would be far better to get what we can in those circumstances (anything is better than nothing). Trouble is, I reckon other clubs might know we're desperate to offload, making it a buyers' market. 

31 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

Sorry to say he’d get nowhere near 20 goals in the premier league. Aguero has 21 and lukaku only has 16. 

When you refer to those two this season, it's certainly clear what a big ask scoring 20 in the Prem is. But history does show that it's not impossible, I think our very own Kevin Philips actually scored more in his first Prem season than his season before total as far as I remember. 

Darren Bent, Troy Deeney, Jamie Vardy, Glenn Murray, Joshua King, and Andre Grey all managed to maintain finding the back of the net as well after making the jump up. Many of the above probably have a lot more physicality about them than Vydra but in terms of natural finishing skills, I'd actually say that Vydra is better than a number of those. 

The key for Vydra seems to be stability and having a manager who believes in him, and long may that continue. 

If we can find Vydra a Czech teammate, to eat cheese and drink dark beer with when it's not going well, then I think he'll score even more : ) 

Player may choose to go,so may not be out decision. Obviously depends who comes in for him and how much for. Certainly wouldn't expect him to go for any less than £18 mill .This would provide sufficient funds to supplement his loss and perhaps bring in a quality left back,overall strengthening the squad.

I am sure half the teams in the prem would consider him a good punt at this price, especially those in the bottom half who have found it difficult to score goals this season.

No no no ,, ps ,how could anybody who moaned about selling Hughes and ince then say it’s ok to sell vydra for money to rebuild ? 

we would have to (at least) double our money on him, given some of the prices the likes of Boro (Assombalonga) and Villa have paid for strikers in recent years. £20m, I'd consider it. Would I trust Rowett with it? Different question.

2 minutes ago, Moist One said:

we would have to (at least) double our money on him, given some of the prices the likes of Boro (Assombalonga) and Villa have paid for strikers in recent years. £20m, I'd consider it. Would I trust Rowett with it? Different question.

Yep I can see where your comming from he has made real horror signings ,, ermmmmmm

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Imagine selling him and reinvesting the money in players of Bradley Johnson, Jacob Butterfield and Ikechi Anya's quality.

Those three combined cost about £16 million.

Which is why we may have to sell him 

N O spells absolutely and definitely NO!

Even IF we miss out on promotion this season we need someone of his genius to make that difference between hitting the woodwork and breaking the net.

The difference between finishing second or seventh.

With Vydra and Jerome on form, a supportive midfield and a solid defence the Prem beckons.

If not this season then soon, and for the rest of Matej's career. With the Rams!

Archived