Thank you Mel

RamLad1884

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice for me to have a sit back on this for a change..... as I said in the forum members awards thread..... best and biggest heel on the forum

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Can you actually provide any evidence that Mel is owed tens of millions? Genuine question. Clearly a debt of this size would be evidenced by a paper trail and / or listed in the creditors section of the annual accounts, would it not? 

That's a fair enough question. 

I've not looked at the accounts recently, and perhaps don't have the mental capacity to decipher them anyway.

I'm just going on what I've been told, by someone who would without a doubt know.

I'm not arguing for or anti Mel btw, just pointing out that we're not the debt free club that is often made out, but the debts we do owe are owed to our owner.

I think if folk are really determined to analyse the current state of Derby's financial affairs and specifically our major creditors, there's a guy on this forum who is rather adept in this field and has done much of the spadework already - step forward @ramblur If we are in debt to Morris to the tune of 'many tens of £millions' then I'm sure Ramblur can confirm this as being the case based on the last accounts submitted. I think Mel's total invested was quoted as something around £98 million but whether this now constitutes 'debt' I'm not sure. My understanding is that this sum is principally an investment and not a loan but as I say, Ramblur can doubtless provide a more educated assessment.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/28716-the-accounts-1617/

Just now, reveldevil said:

That's a fair enough question. 

I've not looked at the accounts recently, and perhaps don't have the mental capacity to decipher them anyway.

I'm just going on what I've been told, by someone who would without a doubt know.

I'm not arguing for or anti Mel btw, just pointing out that we're not the debt free club that is often made out, but the debts we do owe are owed to our owner.

Amazing how some always know someone who would know, but never ever provide any evidence.

Reading this nonsense in the week in which we will be involved in the play-offs is hard to fathom. Why can't you guys let go of your hatred of Mel and Rowett?

I've said before how I find it hard to believe you guys are Derby County fans!

Just now, KCG said:

Amazing how some always know someone who would know, but never ever provide any evidence.

Reading this nonsense in the week in which we will be involved in the play-offs is hard to fathom. Why can't you guys let go of your hatred of Mel and Rowett?

I've said before how I find it hard to believe you guys are Derby County fans!

In what way is what I've posted evidence of a hatred of Mel and Rowett?

It's not derailing in any way what the chief objective of this week is, so I fail to see your point.

Thank you Mel, you are a wonderful fella, doing wonderful things for our wonderful Derby County Football Club.

PS..............Please can you sort The Aberdeenshire Rams out for tickets on May 26th, good lad, super fly guy, gonna take us higher!

If you don't ask........

8 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So I presume the six or so of you who seem to have very little or nothing positive to say about him want Morris to go and go take Rowett with him? Is that right?

No.. The two do not go hand in hand.. The issues are completely different and if if we’re able to read the many, many posts that have e been made on numerous threads..Then you might understand the points being made.

8 hours ago, 86 points said:

Can you actually provide any evidence that Mel is owed tens of millions? Genuine question. Clearly a debt of this size would be evidenced by a paper trail and / or listed in the creditors section of the annual accounts, would it not? 

Taken from the price of football article, which has it's own thread, it is in the accounts.

SevCo 5112 owed Mel Morris over £95 million at 30 June 2017, and he’s subsequently given them a further £21 million to keep them afloat since that date. This appears to be interest free, which is good to see. 

SevCo have other loans of about £45 million on top of Mel Morris’s generosity.

SevCo has received £161 million since 2015 from investors in the form of loans and shares.

At 30 June 2017 The Derby County Football Club Limited had the following creditors:-

Bank loans £3,000,000

Player registrations payable £17,219,135

Trade creditors £1,473,994

Taxation and soctal security £2,269,997

Other creditors  £34,889

Accruals and deferred income  £9,520,041

No significant, if any, inter-Co loans or directors loans, all investment has been in the form of equity not loans.

At the same date Sevco 5112 owed Mel Morris £95m but this is not the club that owe this and I am sure that things will have been structured like this for Mel's personal tax situation ALTHOUGH THAT IS PURELY MY OPINION NOT FACT.

Never get why he's spent so much improving Moor Farm before anything else, in hope we'd have a dozen Delli Ali's on our hands.

Have you seen Man United's Carrington training ground? Absolutely top notch, but where did the under 23's finish this season? Look at Blackburn, another club with cat one status; did it stop them from dropping down to league one? Reading another who haven't really produced much from the academy.

WBA, Stoke, Norwich, Sunderland. All have state of the art complex/Cat one status and either struggle to produce good enough youngsters to stick in the first team, or the first team failing to benefit.

I remember a time when Crewe produced talent after talent through the ranks without all these fancy pitches, pools and what not. Spend the money instead on getting some decent coaching and you'll see them come through.

3 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Never get why he's spent so much improving Moor Farm before anything else, in hope we'd have a dozen Delli Ali's on our hands.

Have you seen Man United's Carrington training ground? Absolutely top notch, but where did the under 23's finish this season? Look at Blackburn, another club with cat one status; did it stop them from dropping down to league one? Reading another who haven't really produced much from the academy.

WBA, Stoke, Norwich, Sunderland. All have state of the art complex/Cat one status and either struggle to produce good enough youngsters to stick in the first team, or the first team failing to benefit.

I remember a time when Crewe produced talent after talent through the ranks without all these fancy pitches, pools and what not. Spend the money instead on getting some decent coaching and you'll see them come through.

Probably more about getting youngsters and their parents to choose the club than the effectiveness of bringing players on compared to the old Crewe model ,, it’s a very different game these days 

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

I can think of 2 or 3 reasons.

Would help us attract better quality youngsters.

Selling a Hughes/Hendrick every year could make us more self sustainable.

46 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Taken from the price of football article, which has it's own thread, it is in the accounts.

SevCo 5112 owed Mel Morris over £95 million at 30 June 2017, and he’s subsequently given them a further £21 million to keep them afloat since that date. This appears to be interest free, which is good to see. 

SevCo have other loans of about £45 million on top of Mel Morris’s generosity.

SevCo has received £161 million since 2015 from investors in the form of loans and shares.

Sevco 5112 is not the same entity as Derby County FC!

This is what happens when football fans try to become amateur accountants.

Just stick to watching the football mate...

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Sevco 5112 is not the same entity as Derby County FC!

This is what happens when football fans try to become amateur accountants.

Just stick to watching the football mate...

A bit of an easy dismissal there but perhaps you should try reading between the lines! Someone owes Mel Morris money. Derby County FC have used the money that Mel has invested. Doesn’t take a genius. ?

Archived