Thank you Mel

RamLad1884

We've been quick to slate the ownership and the management this season, but I think a big thanks is owed to Mel for persisting with Gary even where the results have gone sour. 

It only occurred to me that this is the first manager to see a whole season since we had Nigel Clough here, long may it continue. 

Even if we don't manage promotion this year, to see a change in the approach to management this year is encouraging. A truly settled club with a clear direction will always get to the promised land, whether it be in the short or the long term. 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will echo that to a degree..... I’m glad we haven’t got shot of Rowett.... 

However, I still think we need more structure and less off the field dramas that seem to happen..... no more gimmicks, just head down and give us an identity..... and stability 

7 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

We’re going to do this....

I'll have a pint of what Mrs R is on. Come on Derby.

28 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

We've been quick to slate the ownership and the management this season, but I think a big thanks is owed to Mel for persisting with Gary even where the results have gone sour. 

It only occurred to me that this is the first manager to see a whole season since we had Nigel Clough here, long may it continue. 

Even if we don't manage promotion this year, to see a change in the approach to management this year is encouraging. A truly settled club with a clear direction will always get to the promised land, whether it be in the short or the long term. 

Chunder post 

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Hell will freeze over before some on here give gratitude to the owner.

Even if we win the playoffs.

naymind, each to their own I guess?

I think a little gratitude to the manager would have been more appropriate. Rowett’s the one who’s got us here. 

4 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I think a little gratitude to the manager would have been more appropriate. Rowett’s the one who’s got us here. 

If Mel has to take the brickbats for poor appointments, why not some reflected glory when he gets it right? 

Agree with your sentiment though. I put up a highly critical post about Rowett after the Burton game which isn't my style really but I wrongly felt he'd shown disloyalty and played the blame game after the match when to my mind he should have got behind the players and shouldered the flak himself.  He's since showed me and a good few others right up and I couldn't be more pleased to have been wrong.

There is a very good interview with Mel on the DCFC website tonight that I think goes some way to explaining the absolute complexities of running a football club. The fact that Mel has such a good understanding of all these different areas and is constantly juggling to get them to line up to our best advantage is testament to his dedication to our club. 

I am impressed. 

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

Mac had a full season didn’t he? 

Sacked at the end of the season, didn't really count on that basis. GR will actually get a chance to reflect on the success (or failures) of this season and get a chance to make amends

1 hour ago, needles said:

I'll have a pint of what Mrs R is on. Come on Derby.

Stoke went up when we came down last time, we’ll swap places again! Believe!

21 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Sacked at the end of the season, didn't really count on that basis. GR will actually get a chance to reflect on the success (or failures) of this season and get a chance to make amends

Mac got to be manager for all games in 2014/15. Rowett still has 2-3 games to get a full season.

4 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

If we do  swap places with stoke can we swap butterfield for Shaquiri ?

you may laugh, but I don't think Shaquiri is the kind of player we want. I think he's more hindrance than help.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thank you Mel for doing what you want.

Thanks Mel (and Gary) for annoying the piss out of Roymac. It's been hilarious reading his snipey little posts all season and to top it with a play-off slot will doubtless be the cherry on Roy's cake. Much obliged!

Just now, 86 points said:

Thanks Mel (and Gary) for annoying the piss out of Roymac. It's been hilarious reading his snipey little posts all season and to top it with a play-off slot will doubtless be the cherry on Roy's cake. Much obliged!

If we get promoted I'll be very happy. But there is no doubt that Mel has played it as he wants.

Archived