Thank you Mel

RamLad1884

2 minutes ago, Moist One said:

A bit of an easy dismissal there but perhaps you should try reading between the lines! Someone owes Mel Morris money. Derby County FC have used the money that Mel has invested. Doesn’t take a genius. ?

But SevCo do not have the means of extracting them funds from The Derby County Football Club Limited.

It does not take a genius but it does take a basic understanding, something people clearly don't have if they are stating that Derby County owe Mel Morris money.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Sevco 5112 is not the same entity as Derby County FC!

This is what happens when football fans try to become amateur accountants.

Just stick to watching the football mate...

You're right.

Sevco own the company Derby County FC though, and to see it as not the same thing is technically correct, but also spitting hairs.

4 minutes ago, Moist One said:

A bit of an easy dismissal there but perhaps you should try reading between the lines! Someone owes Mel Morris money. Derby County FC have used the money that Mel has invested. Doesn’t take a genius. ?

Yes we all know Mel has invested in DCFC, funding annual losses!

MM owns SevCo 5112.

SevCo 5112 owns DCFC.

DCFC is debt-free, read the DCFC accounts!

SevCo 5112 repays/writes off the money it owes MM as and when SevCo 5112 sells DCFC to a new owner.

The SevCo 5112 accounts are MM's concern, and a complete red herring as far as this thread is concerned.

9 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

You're right.

Sevco own the company Derby County FC though, and to see it as not the same thing is technically correct, but also spitting hairs.

It really is not splitting hairs.

Sevco 5112 Limited owing MM money and The Derby County Football Club Limited owing MM money are 2 very different things.

Bit late to the party on this thread , but I've always been a huge MM fan , why would I not be ? Look at some of the messes the club's around us are in regarding ownership etc etc... Were owned by a local businessman who's a Derby fan and investing in the club and community. The academy is next to none at this level , the playing squad has been invested in. Sometimes people need to be careful what they wish for. I for one hope he owns the club for many years to come. 

17 minutes ago, Carnero said:

SevCo 5112 repays/writes off the money it owes MM as and when SevCo 5112 sells DCFC to a new owner.

The SevCo 5112 accounts are MM's concern, and a complete red herring as far as this thread is concerned.

Is that guaranteed then?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is that guaranteed then?

No but that's pretty much common sense/common practice. 

The other way would be to reduce the purchase price by the amount of debt but I see this as an unlikely scenario when buying a football club.

Either way it has no effect on  DCFC. 

7 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Bit late to the party on this thread , but I've always been a huge MM fan , why would I not be ? Look at some of the messes the club's around us are in regarding ownership etc etc... Were owned by a local businessman who's a Derby fan and investing in the club and community. The academy is next to none at this level , the playing squad has been invested in. Sometimes people need to be careful what they wish for. I for one hope he owns the club for many years to come. 

Blind faith right there.. And would you want half the fans on here owning DCFC? All academys are failing, not Morris's fault that, just the system as it is. There will always be good owners and bad owners, it does not follow that by default we will get a bad owner if Morris ever sold up., Even Tan was hoisted shoulder high at Cardiff last weekend.

I am sure Mr Morris is a very nice man but just because he is a Derby fan and local is not enough. He is not above question by the fans and it appears that it is treason to do exactly that. He has no checks and balances at the club, he owns it and can do what he wants. It's important that he is answerable to someone. I don't deny he has the clubs best interests at heart but he is still capable of some shocking decisions. If we don't go up this year he has made it clear the pot is dry.. FFP has kicked in now and we have our backs to the wall.. The situation today is a culmination of his poor decisions. But hayho, never mention these unless you can pin it all on Sam Rush. 

If he was middle eastern or chinese the double standards on here would be laughable. 

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

Blind faith right there.. And would you want half the fans on here owning DCFC? All academys are failing, not Morris's fault that, just the system as it is. There will always be good owners and bad owners, it does not follow that by default we will get a bad owner if Morris ever sold up., Even Tan was hoisted shoulder high at Cardiff last weekend.

I am sure Mr Morris is a very nice man but just because he is a Derby fan and local is not enough. He is not above question by the fans and it appears that it is treason to do exactly that. He has no checks and balances at the club, he owns it and can do what he wants. It's important that he is answerable to someone. I don't deny he has the clubs best interests at heart but he is still capable of some shocking decisions. If we don't go up this year he has made it clear the pot is dry.. FFP has kicked in now and we have our backs to the wall.. The situation today is a culmination of his poor decisions. But hayho, never mention these unless you can pin it all on Sam Rush. 

If he was middle eastern or chinese the double standards on here would be laughable. 

What situation ! 

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

As much as I understand and, in some instances agree, with what you are saying, I was under the impression that the club was run by a board of directors these days?

32 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

The academy is next to none at this level

I'd like to see figures of minutes played by academy players for first teams in the championship.

Ours would be inflated by the inclusion of Huddlestone, but we transferred him in, so he doesn't count as an academy player. 

I bet we'd be near the bottom of the league for minutes played by homegrown players in this league.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

As much as I understand and, in some instances agree, with what you are saying, I was under the impression that the club was run by a board of directors these days?

Yes, we do have a board of directors but are they strong enough? Pearce does not inspire me, seems a yes man (could be wrong). Roy Mac?? Do we lack backbone there? At least with Rush I though we might have someone to say... Hang on, is this right.

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No but that's pretty much common sense/common practice. ...

Either way it has no effect on  DCFC. 

And if SevCo5112 doesn't right off the debt to Mel but pays him off with the money from the club being purchased by new owners then it does affect DCFC? 

12 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Blind faith ?  How ? I'm not saying MM has made every correct decision because he has made mistakes along the way , but it's the first time he's owned a football club , did you not make mistakes when you first started a new role/job it's how you learn and it's no different in foitball.

Of course I wouldn't half the loons on here (myself included ) running Derby but none of us are in that position and been that successful in life that we find ourselves in a position to run a football club . 

It won't just be us who ffp will catch upon its a sign of the times , ffp is only just starting to have implications on club's due to the 3 year ruling and as has been said before club's receiving parachute payments are going to be a lot better off , is that Mel's fault ? 

6 minutes ago, Moist One said:

I'd like to see figures of minutes played by academy players for first teams in the championship.

Ours would be inflated by the inclusion of Huddlestone, but we transferred him in, so he doesn't count as an academy player. 

I bet we'd be near the bottom of the league for minutes played by homegrown players in this league.

Right now yes , but if you looked at it with the 6 teams pushing for promotion I imagine it would be about the same .

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And if SevCo5112 doesn't right off the debt to Mel but pays him off with the money from the club being purchased by new owners then it does affect DCFC? 

I'm trying to think of the logistics of this transaction and how it could end up bad for DCFC but will need a little time to think of the scenarios. 

First of all it would be MM or Sevco selling the shares so I dont see how the cash would end up in DCFC.

Let me keep on thinking!

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Blind faith ?  How ? I'm not saying MM has made every correct decision because he has made mistakes along the way , but it's the first time he's owned a football club , did you not make mistakes when you first started a new role/job it's how you learn and it's no different in foitball.

Of course I wouldn't half the loons on here (myself included ) running Derby but none of us are in that position and been that successful in life that we find ourselves in a position to run a football club . 

It won't just be us who ffp will catch upon its a sign of the times , ffp is only just starting to have implications on club's due to the 3 year ruling and as has been said before club's receiving parachute payments are going to be a lot better off , is that Mel's fault ? 

Ah, now this post makes more sense. Yes we all make mistakes but we don't own football clubs and this guru of the business world has made some pretty basic fubar because he was/is a fan and he fell into a trap. He over invested, simple and now the business model (by his own admission), is not sustainable. What pees me off more than anything, is this local crap, who's a Derby fan.. It means nothing. You are 100% right, he will make mistakes, I have made mistakes and do you know what... I am answerable for them.. Why should he be different? I have a budget that runs into the tens of millions. I am answerable every month for it. If i make too many bad decisions, I am out. 

Appointments, recruitment, support groups, whatever, his choices. We can't just say, oh well, never mind. He is the custodian of the club today... So answerable to us. 

Archived