Thank you Mel

RamLad1884

19 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I read that and was going to post a proper response about the state of the club, but you're obviously not really that interested in real facts.

You hate Mel for reasons known only to you and that's your right, but that post just makes you look bitter and sad.

Where have I said I hate him?

He's just done a piss poor job and spent 100+ million on utter dross since coming back to the club he couldn't wait to leave in 2007.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, curtains said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2015/09/club-statement-mel-morris-completes-purchase-of-derby-county

He came in with a stake before playoff final but was already helping in some capacity.

Why did the owners sell to Mel if they were on to a good thing ! 

But you said it was **** before... Before what? Before 2014 when Morris got his first toe in the door.

Not sure what you are trying to prove..

GSE did a good job, I have no idea what influences Morris had under them.. 

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Yeah I know, he owned 20 odd % before that. Yep down hill from taking over everything..

I don't think that's right mate.

He owned nothing of Derby before the play off final, paid his money to take 20% on that day, then having seen GSE reluctant to chuck money at the day to day needs, accelerated his planned investment to take more ownership in the following season, before taking full ownership just before McClaren was sacked. 

That's my understanding anyway.

Just now, reveldevil said:

I don't think that's right mate.

He owned nothing of Derby before the play off final, paid his money to take 20% on that day, then having seen GSE reluctant to chuck money at the day to day needs, accelerated his planned investment to take more ownership in the following season, before taking full ownership just before McClaren was sacked. 

That's my understanding anyway.

Okay, I would back your version to mine any day..  Makes Curtains post even more strange then..

12 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’m no apologist for Mel Morris but I would like to chuck this thought into the mix. Could it be he was sceptical about spending that kind of dough but was convinced it was the way forward by his trusted CEO or President, whatever title Rush had ? He put implicit trust in that bloke, a bloke that convinced all he knew what he was doing.

A bloke he believed would guide him through the minefield of football club ownership. 

I don’t know for certain, in fact I don’t have the first idea what went/goes on in a boardroom but what I do know is while I won’t be thanking Mel, I’m happy to cut him some slack for stuff he may have been convinced to oversee by someone it may turn out to be, didn’t have the club’s best interests at the forefront of his mind. 

Why would he think Rush would guide him through the “minefiled of football” ?

An ex football agent with no previous experience of running a club I beleive, is to be held accountable for getting 25 million out the owner, who didn’t have the best interests of the club at heart ? I’m sure if that was the case then there would be more than a civil court case against Rush, as it is though there is nothing to suggest any truth in this, and I’d be surprised if there was anywhere near it.

25 minutes ago, curtains said:

You clearly don’t like Mel. 

I think he has done a good job with the club being debt free. 

How? Hughes gone, Hendrick gone, Ince gone. Vydra will be next if we fail to go up.

Asset stripping to stay within FFP - something he got us into in the first place.

How are we any better off now than what we were in 2013? The side is aging, the players values are decreasing. Tell me the plan if we don't make it this season, sell Vydra and then what? The vast majority of that money would go towards covering the ***** he brought in 2014

12 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

But you said it was **** before... Before what? Before 2014 when Morris got his first toe in the door.

Not sure what you are trying to prove..

GSE did a good job, I have no idea what influences Morris had under them.. 

As far as I was concerned GSE did a holding job with little investment. 

8 minutes ago, Papahet said:

How? Hughes gone, Hendrick gone, Ince gone. Vydra will be next if we fail to go up.

Asset stripping to stay within FFP - something he got us into in the first place.

How are we any better off now than what we were in 2013? The side is aging, the players values are decreasing. Tell me the plan if we don't make it this season, sell Vydra and then what? The vast majority of that money would go towards covering the ***** he brought in 2014

We weren’t debt free in 2013 as we owed for Pride Park for a start 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

As far as I was concerned GSE did a holding job with little investment. 

But it wasn’t ‘****’ though.. They got us to a good place when they sold... Morris has taken it backwards since then.. IMO.

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

But it wasn’t ‘****’ though.. They got us to a good place when they sold... Morris has taken it backwards since then.. IMO.

And only going up this season will make that all 'worthwhile' imo.

4 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Why would he think Rush would guide him through the “minefiled of football” ?

The minefield of football club ownership, I was quite specific on that point. If Rush was merely an ex agent inexperienced in the day to day running of a football club he must be one silver tongued scallywag to wangle the position of CEO/President. You don’t dish that kind of title out to someone that knows **** all surely ?

An ex football agent with no previous experience of running a club I beleive, is to be held accountable for getting 25 million out the owner, who didn’t have the best interests of the club at heart ? I’m sure if that was the case then there would be more than a civil court case against Rush, as it is though there is nothing to suggest any truth in this, and I’d be surprised if there was anywhere near it.

I must have been mistaken with my interpretation on why Rush became persona non grata, I was under the impression he didn’t act in the best interests of the club after being put in a position of trust. Apologies.

Anyway, I only put a thought out there, a lot of my stuff is off the cuff without too much thought. I am no way saying I’m correct in these thoughts, they were just the first things that came to mind while reading what I thought was a pretty harsh verdict on Morris without being privy to all the facts. ?

Have to laugh at some of what I'm reading on here. Yes, of course Morris has made mistakes - we're all human & the idea that you can be clear minded when thousands of people have such an array of emotional reactions to something you ultimately control, is totally unrealistic. 

We've not made a significantly poor signing since Anya, nearly 2 years ago. He's had a manager in place for nearly 14 months now, despite a vocal minority constantly agitating for his removal. The architect of some of the terrible signings during Clement's reign has now left the club. Its clear Morris is learning from the early mistakes.

Some on here seem to be unfavourably comparing Morris to GSE. Lets be absolutely clear here - the only reason GSE have a decent reputation at Derby is because of the hard work Clough did year after year on peanuts to slowly transform the squad from overpaid garbage to a top 6 contender. Under any other manager, we could have been heading down to League One given how small our budgets were at the time.

18 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

No need for apologies, I’m not saying you are wrong as ii also haven’t a clue what has or hasn’t gone on in the background, just that I’d be surprised. 

Just now, curtains said:

The club is only worth what he can sell it for jus as was the case with GSE 

Answer the question, it's pretty straightforward. 

Do Derby County FC owe money to MM or not?

3 hours ago, 86 points said:

If you didn't look at the polls then you're in no position to comment then, are you? 

giphy.gif

If you don't read Davids post its you who is the thick .

3 hours ago, 86 points said:

If you didn't look at the polls then you're in no position to comment then, are you? 

giphy.gif

So the comments on the forum don't count? The main point  of the post commented on  was about fans making a verdict after one bad match and my reply was directed at that. ******.

Archived