Thank you Mel

RamLad1884

On 06/05/2018 at 21:06, 86 points said:

Thanks Mel (and Gary) for annoying the piss out of Roymac. It's been hilarious reading his snipey little posts all season and to top it with a play-off slot will doubtless be the cherry on Roy's cake. Much obliged!

If only i could laugh clap and cheers this comment... 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/05/2018 at 21:06, 86 points said:

Thanks Mel (and Gary) for annoying the piss out of Roymac. It's been hilarious reading his snipey little posts all season and to top it with a play-off slot will doubtless be the cherry on Roy's cake. Much obliged!

Just imagine if we actually win the play offs and go up up !,, there will be an outpouring of negative abuse the like of which has never been seen ,, forum Armageddon 

29 minutes ago, archied said:

No your probably right ,, mels not to be trusted and even if he is on the level why should he bother it can all be undone by somebody else ,, damm that bloody Lionel building pride park ,,,, what was he thinking ,selfish old bugger

you may joke, but you do realise that before Mel came along, Lionel had already made a massive investment in Moor Farm, it was already top class, Premier League quality, all it took was next owners to not feel the same level of importance, and some bad appointments in the academy and all of a sudden it's rubbish until Mel comes along! Don't rewrite history.

21 minutes ago, Moist One said:

you may joke, but you do realise that before Mel came along, Lionel had already made a massive investment in Moor Farm, it was already top class, Premier League quality, all it took was next owners to not feel the same level of importance, and some bad appointments in the academy and all of a sudden it's rubbish until Mel comes along! Don't rewrite history.

I’m really not joking ,mel and Lionel or any other owner can only be judged on what THEY do,

re write history ? I have the utmost respect for what Lionel did for derby and was in his corner until the last when fans were wanting him out and rubbishing him ( don’t start that argument again ) 

any fan that comes in and spends his money trying to make derby county better gets my respect end of story ,, mistakes or no mistakes they get my respect

Don’t be grateful for what you have as a SISU could come along and take it all away.

Why not be grateful for what you have as a SISU could come along and take it all away be?

I know people don’t like to see the extreme alternatives mentioned, but there is no guarantee of sunshine and oil barons next in line if you push our current owner out the door.

We could strike it lucky, be the next Man City but there’s just as much chance of being the next Portsmouth, Forest, Coventry. Do you really want to roll the dice to find out?

When you next think the club is in a mess, everyone must go, owner to the tea lady, look around, I bet you will find thousands of fans that would give their left arm to be in our position. I live in a town that remind me of that every time we lose.

Be disappointed If we fail to go up, angry if we sell a player, sack a manager, completely disagree with decisions made and voice them on a platform such as this in a respectful way. Football is a game of opinions, we will never ever have an owner that you agree with every decision, so before you decide the grass is greener on the other side, have a look outside the Derby bubble. 

The town I live in has a club that was competing in the same league as Derby, they narrowily avoided returning to non league football this year. They are football fans that are just as passionate, have the same dreams as you and I for the club they love. 

Leeds, Forest, Sheff Utd, big clubs that have all recently experienced time in the third tier of English football. Sunderland, go ask them how they are feeling right now. 

Derby are in a good place, albeit frustrating how damn close we get to promotion but can’t cross that line which is hopefully about to change this month.

Hold on David ffs!!! Nobody is asking him to go? Maybe not this week, but post Sunderland/Burton pure venom was unleashed, 1 out if 10 votes in what I hope was pure frustration as a 1 out if 10 should be reserved for the Oystons.

Anyhow, apologies another long post, been brewing on this for a few weeks now.

Don’t forget that managing a football club, owning a football club is a lot easier with hindsight from behind the keyboard. You can also be grateful and thankful whilst wanting the club to improve.

1 hour ago, Moist One said:

oh, yeah, fair dos. The point I was trying to make is most of the improvements have no real benefit for fans, we pay to see the team play well. Yes it's too soon to judge, but my other point was that it could easily be undone before we ever see the benefits of it. As for the evidence, again, we know how "creative" people can be with accounting.

Just off the top of my head here:-

Rams TV 

The Yard

Concourse heating

Sound system

The fan park 

Creation of a singing section in the South Stand 

Relocation of away fans 

Pre match pyrotechnics 

Free flags 

Free season ticket offer

Regular fans forums

Frozen season ticket prices

Now not everyone is going to benefit from all of these, some may not benefit at all (I pretty much fall into that category) but to say the fans are not benefitting from having a local businessman in charge is so far wide of the mark, in my opinion of course.

1 hour ago, archied said:

Just imagine if we actually win the play offs and go up up !,, there will be an outpouring of negative abuse the like of which has never been seen ,, forum Armageddon 

Oh archied and the rest of you, I'm praying we go up - the sooner we go up and have money to spend the sooner we get rid of Rowettball.

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

44 minutes ago, David said:

Don’t be grateful for what you have as a SISU could come along and take it all away.

Why not be grateful for what you have as a SISU could come along and take it all away be?

I know people don’t like to see the extreme alternatives mentioned, but there is no guarantee of sunshine and oil barons next in line if you push our current owner out the door.

We could strike it lucky, be the next Man City but there’s just as much chance of being the next Portsmouth, Forest, Coventry. Do you really want to roll the dice to find out?

When you next think the club is in a mess, everyone must go, owner to the tea lady, look around, I bet you will find thousands of fans that would give their left arm to be in our position. I live in a town that remind me of that every time we lose.

Be disappointed If we fail to go up, angry if we sell a player, sack a manager, completely disagree with decisions made and voice them on a platform such as this in a respectful way. Football is a game of opinions, we will never ever have an owner that you agree with every decision, so before you decide the grass is greener on the other side, have a look outside the Derby bubble. 

The town I live in has a club that was competing in the same league as Derby, they narrowily avoided returning to non league football this year. They are football fans that are just as passionate, have the same dreams as you and I for the club they love. 

Leeds, Forest, Sheff Utd, big clubs that have all recently experienced time in the third tier of English football. Sunderland, go ask them how they are feeling right now. 

Derby are in a good place, albeit frustrating how damn close we get to promotion but can’t cross that line which is hopefully about to change this month.

Hold on David ffs!!! Nobody is asking him to go? Maybe not this week, but post Sunderland/Burton pure venom was unleashed, 1 out if 10 votes in what I hope was pure frustration as a 1 out if 10 should be reserved for the Oystons.

Don’t forget that managing a football club, owning a football club is a lot easier with hindsight from behind the keyboard. You can also be grateful and thankful whilst wanting the club to improve.

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh archied and the rest of you, I'm praying we go up - the sooner we go up and have money to spend the sooner we get rid of Rowettball.

Yea who wants to be fourth best scorers in the division ,,, every time we score we are just giving the ball back to our opponent s and wrecking our possession stats ,, 

what kind of club rewards a promotion winning manager with the sack to bring in what they think is better without giving him chance to manage in the next league up ,

it always makes me smile watching you and others contradict yourselves and show the old biased one rule for one and not for others ,,, you want/ demand loyalty for your favs like Martin and Bryson from the club and fans but no such thing for rowett as your a biased hater ( don’t forget you have said get a better manager in if we go up as rowett won’t be good enough ) ,

sorry roy but you are another poster who’s arguments just don’t make any sense , if they were consistent and could be seen to be comming from a deep seated belief in anything I could at least respect them but they constantly  chop and change to suit your agenda at any given time ,,

you cant just want to go up because we are all derby ,you want to go up so we can get rid of rowett or rowettball ,,,, very sad mate

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Could replace him with that footballing managerial genius you was spunking over in another thread, Neil Warnock.

46 minutes ago, David said:

Sorry......but that wasn’t pure venom..... it was as a poll on how you think Mel is doing..... I agree timing of my poll on here and you may get some venting their spleen, but I feel there is a underlying feel that some Derby fans are not happy with Mels ownership of the club...

Believe it or not, I’m happy he’s stuck with Gary and not gone trigger happy again..... however there is legitimate questions to be answered as to how he has run the club since 2015.

We have gone through an awful lot of change on and off the field in this time..... and for me, and I hate saying this, I have no connect with Derby, irrespective of what league we are playing in next season.... 

@G STAR RAM has listed what he’s invested and done. Fair enough, I just think Mel gets a very easy ride just because he is local.

The spats and court saga, the “Derby way”..... the hiring and firing of management (might of learned here) the staff turnover at the club, calling fans in for “social media posts” which reflect any negatives on the club..... man he even had a pop on here..... 

Im sorry..... he isn’t all smiles and roses for me.....

Not seduced by his money like 99% were when he came back.

You say be careful what you wish for..... I said that in 2015.

As I’ve said time and again, more than happy to have egg on my face and be completely wrong. I hope others are gracious and have humility just as much as me if they are wrong.

Andy

Whatever people may say about Mel his heart is in the right place  .

I don’t always agree with his priorities regarding the Academy but hey he is passionate about it   

Well done Mel you got the right man with Gary Rowett  

10 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Sorry......but that wasn’t pure venom..... it was as a poll on how you think Mel is doing..... I agree timing of my poll on here and you may get some venting their spleen, but I feel there is a underlying feel that some Derby fans are not happy with Mels ownership of the club...

Believe it or not, I’m happy he’s stuck with Gary and not gone trigger happy again..... however there is legitimate questions to be answered as to how he has run the club since 2015.

We have gone through an awful lot of change on and off the field in this time..... and for me, and I hate saying this, I have no connect with Derby, irrespective of what league we are playing in next season.... 

@G STAR RAM has listed what he’s invested and done. Fair enough, I just think Mel gets a very easy ride just because he is local.

The spats and court saga, the “Derby way”..... the hiring and firing of management (might of learned here) the staff turnover at the club, calling fans in for “social media posts” which reflect any negatives on the club..... man he even had a pop on here..... 

As I’ve said time and again, more than happy to have egg on my face and be completely wrong. I hope others are gracious and have humility just as much as me if they are wrong.

Andy

To be fair you have always been very anti mel and your view is far more deep seated than his running of the club 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Andy

Your poll wasn’t pure venom but some of the comments (removed) that followed were, you know my thoughts on the timing, straight off the back of what was a **** game is never going to see a fair assessment, same with the Rowett out polls. Timed for perfection if you’re looking for an army of pitchforks to assemble.

Football is an emotional game, throw in alcohol and the anonymity of the internet and you have all the ingredients for a rage bomb to go off.

I’ve seen suggestions that we’ve even fiddled the polls, only the positive ones though, naturally, which of course is absolute rubbish. 

Derby County Blog ran a poll on Twitter 24hrs after the Burton or Sunderland game, that saw a 70% backing for Rowett. This forums within the hour of the final whilstle saw a 80% pack your bags and don’t show your face around here again. More recent it’s swung the other way, I’ve checked for Russian activity and confirm none has taken place, just the odd Forest and Burnley fan that wouldn’t be enough to sway it a significant amount.

Best time to assess and discuss futures is with a clear head, maybe even now isn’t the time with the hype of the play offs. Couple of weeks after the final kick of a ball, chance to reflect and look back on the season and cast judgement on those in charge.

Just now, archied said:

To be fair you have always been very anti mel and your view is far more deep seated than his running of the club 

No anti Mel, I’m pro being honest and having integrity..... people might laugh at me for that, but you’re talking to a person who lied, manipulated and lived in a bubble for years, that’s me and what I did and went through personally, I know it’s bizarre from what I’m coming from with regards of my feelings towards Mel. Not saying Mel is them things.... but I believe he ain’t completely open and doesn’t like criticism..... and it shows it’s ugly head now and again.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Your poll wasn’t pure venom but some of the comments (removed) that followed were, you know my thoughts on the timing, straight off the back of what was a **** game is never going to see a fair assessment, same with the Rowett out polls. Timed for perfection if you’re looking for an army of pitchforks to assemble.

Football is an emotional game, throw in alcohol and the anonymity of the internet and you have all the ingredients for a rage bomb to go off.

I’ve seen suggestions that we’ve even fiddled the polls, only the positive ones though, naturally, which of course is absolute rubbish. 

Derby County Blog fan a poll on Twitter 24hrs after the Burton or Sunderland game, that saw a 70% backing for Rowett. This forums within the hour of the final whilstle saw a 80% pack your bags and don’t show your face around here again. More recent it’s swung the other way, I’ve checked for Russian activity and confirm none has taken place, just the odd Forest and Burnley fan that wouldn’t be enough to sway it it a significant amount.

Best time to assess and discuss futures is with a clear head, maybe even now isn’t the time with the hype of the play offs. Couple of weeks after the final kick of a ball, chance to reflect and look back on the season and cast judgement on those in charge.

Thanks for the response. Not see all posts etc so won’t comment and I wouldn’t believe for one moment you’d fiddle a poll.

11 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Thanks for the response. Not see all posts etc so won’t comment and I wouldn’t believe for one moment you’d fiddle a poll.

Because I have assembled the greatest set of moderators the internet has seen! 

In all seriousness though, as again you will know when you contacted me privately to ask if you was allowed to run the poll, I said then if it’s within the forum rules we have no issues with any posts. We don’t filter any opinions, fiddle posts or anything of the kind.

Posts that are removed were nothing but profanity based insults or suggestions of where to go to those at the club, some will think they were fully deserved but that’s not the forum we want to have here. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just off the top of my head here:-

Rams TV 

The Yard

Concourse heating

Sound system

The fan park 

Creation of a singing section in the South Stand 

Relocation of away fans 

Pre match pyrotechnics 

Free flags 

Free season ticket offer

Regular fans forums

Frozen season ticket prices

Now not everyone is going to benefit from all of these, some may not benefit at all (I pretty much fall into that category) but to say the fans are not benefitting from having a local businessman in charge is so far wide of the mark, in my opinion of course.

A version of all of the above, and more has been implemented by previous owners at one stage. It's now part and parcel of the modern game, we are perhaps now up-to-date with many clubs, ahead of some others, but my no means are we unique, and having a local businessman in charge does not go hand-in-hand with those items on the list. We had face-painting and fares under GSE, we had free t-shirts in 2009, we've had 'frozen*' season ticket prices for as long as I can remember (if you renew early enough). There was a version of RamsTV on my old Nynex box back in 1999. I was working at DCFC when they put the last lot of concourse heating and screens in. The fan park was as much Nick (flagman) and GSE as it was Mel, it's just been continued, same with the singing section. The fans forums were a Sam Rush/John Vicars doing. 

Give Mel credit where it's due, and only criticise when it's fair, but he didn't invent the things on your list, not by a long stretch.

Archived