Thank you Mel

RamLad1884

32 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

calling fans in for “social media posts” which reflect any negatives on the club..... man he even had a pop on here..... 

Can you elaborate on these points as I have genuinely seen or heard nothing about these

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If people think polls are fiddled on this forum I suggest the lay off whatever substances they are on, it's clearly making them paranoid.

David wouldn’t allow any of that the man has integrity 

18 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

No anti Mel, I’m pro being honest and having integrity..... people might laugh at me for that, but you’re talking to a person who lied, manipulated and lived in a bubble for years, that’s me and what I did and went through personally, I know it’s bizarre from what I’m coming from with regards of my feelings towards Mel. Not saying Mel is them things.... but I believe he ain’t completely open and doesn’t like criticism..... and it shows it’s ugly head now and again.

Not having a pop at you as it’s obvious your feeling towards mel Morris come from far more than his stewardship of derby county and that’s just how it is ,you have obviously had some kind of dealings with him or his companies or have friends or family who have had less than positive experience of him as you have been clear from the start on your views on him , there’s nothing wrong with that as such as we all form our opininions on our own experiences , I have some loosely called friends that I see very differently from  how other friends of mine and theirs see them in terms of integrity and decency ,, the thing is we all speak as we find and I can only speak as to what I’ve seen from him as derby owner so far compared with other owners at our club and other clubs and to be honest I’m pretty positive about him judging on that criteria mistakes and warts and all considered

1 minute ago, archied said:

Not having a pop at you as it’s obvious your feeling towards mel Morris come from far more than his stewardship of derby county and that’s just how it is ,you have obviously had some kind of dealings with him or his companies or have friends or family who have had less than positive experience of him as you have been clear from the start on your views on him , there’s nothing wrong with that as such as we all form our opininions on our own experiences , I have some loosely called friends that I see very differently from  how other friends of mine and theirs see them in terms of integrity and decency ,, the thing is we all speak as we find and I can only speak as to what I’ve seen from him as derby owner so far compared with other owners at our club and other clubs and to be honest I’m pretty positive about him judging on that criteria mistakes and warts and all considered

my perspective will be influenced by what I saw and heard during Breakfastgate! 

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Can you elaborate on these points as I have genuinely seen or heard nothing about these

Know of at least 3 people off twitter been warned of their postings. The pop I’m referring to was the libellous stuff (I’ll admit quite rightly removed) that was on here when he complained. Apologies if I was vague

17 minutes ago, Moist One said:

A version of all of the above, and more has been implemented by previous owners at one stage. It's now part and parcel of the modern game, we are perhaps now up-to-date with many clubs, ahead of some others, but my no means are we unique, and having a local businessman in charge does not go hand-in-hand with those items on the list. We had face-painting and fares under GSE, we had free t-shirts in 2009, we've had 'frozen*' season ticket prices for as long as I can remember (if you renew early enough). There was a version of RamsTV on my old Nynex box back in 1999. I was working at DCFC when they put the last lot of concourse heating and screens in. The fan park was as much Nick (flagman) and GSE as it was Mel, it's just been continued, same with the singing section. The fans forums were a Sam Rush/John Vicars doing. 

Give Mel credit where it's due, and only criticise when it's fair, but he didn't invent the things on your list, not by a long stretch.

Probably looks like I'm being argumentative  (what's new) but in each of your last responses you've considerably moved the goalposts.

We've gone from:-

1 - no evidence of improvements, just club propaganda 

To

2 - improvements, but nothing the fans benefit from

To

3 - improvements the fans benefit from but all other clubs are doing it so it's nothing new

You say give him credit where it's due but I've seen no evidence of you doing that and your main reason for that seems to be that future owners may undo his good work, just really don't understand that logic!

3 minutes ago, Moist One said:

my perspective will be influenced by what I saw and heard during Breakfastgate! 

A moist one obsessed by lack of sausage? 

As I say we all form our own opinions from our experiences and the views of others we know and trust,,

that said 

what have the Romans ever given us ?

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Probably looks like I'm being argumentative  (what's new) but in each of your last responses you've considerably moved the goalposts.

We've gone from:-

1 - no evidence of improvements, just club propaganda 

To

2 - improvements, but nothing the fans benefit from

To

3 - improvements the fans benefit from but all other clubs are doing it so it's nothing new

You say give him credit where it's due but I've seen no evidence of you doing that and your main reason for that seems to be that future owners may undo his good work, just really don't understand that logic!

each comment is response to something else said. If you want my summary.

"Mel's heart is in the right place, he's clearly devoted to the club, a couple of decisions early on were bad ones and have forced him to make further decisions which are justified but look bad in a collective. IN terms of the stuff listed, this is basic stuff that should be being done by a club of the stature we claim to be, however, the effects & benefits of the stuff listed are not yet visible, and the reports of such are propaganda IMO. If we manage to get to Wembley, Mel will know he's on the right path. If we get promoted however, yahtzee! It will be a massive result and yes, I will end up with egg on my face, and probably saying we fluked it!"

6 minutes ago, archied said:

A moist one obsessed by lack of sausage? 

As I say we all form our own opinions from our experiences and the views of others we know and trust,,

that said 

what have the Romans ever given us ?

and bacon!

7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Know of at least 3 people off twitter been warned of their postings. The pop I’m referring to was the libellous stuff (I’ll admit quite rightly removed) that was on here when he complained. Apologies if I was vague

Not seen any of the posts that have been warned or removed on here or twitter so hard to be fully fair but I do feel that twitter and internet posters do have to be held responsible for what they post and if somebody posts untrue ,offensive ,abusive posts and accusations about you why not fight back ?

1 minute ago, Moist One said:

and bacon!

Just when I thought you couldn’t be any more rasher than you were

12 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Re the first point, I think the club should be applauded if that is the stance they are taking, if the posts are genuinely worthy of taking action against  (I guess the argument is where do you draw the line?)

I think my stance would be if these posts are saying things that would not be tolerated if said inside the ground then why allow them to be said behind the anonymity of a computer screen?

I must have missed the whole libellous thing. Had a stage of dipping away from the forum for a period of time, obviously no need to expand on that point any further.

Cheers for the response.

I'll put my head on the chopping block and go as far as to say Mel hasn't made a single decision that I've disagreed with AT THE TIME. I could understand every sacking, I could understand every appointment and I don't remember everyone with their wisdom and hindsight (some criticised decisions as they were made but they were certainly the minority) getting hugely on Mel's back (as a whole) when he made the decisions. 

Mac being sacked over the Newcastle fiasco was the closest I'd been to being disappointed but I'd just seen us plummet down the table and easily beaten by Reading so was in an understanding mood when that came about. 

Hindsight is such a BS thing to beat an owner with. He's not out there asset stripping, quite the opposite. He backed managers after years of groaning about managers not being backed. He's no Ellis Short/Venkys/Oystons etc we could do a lot worse. 

10 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I'll put my head on the chopping block and go as far as to say Mel hasn't made a single decision that I've disagreed with AT THE TIME. I could understand every sacking, I could understand every appointment and I don't remember everyone with their wisdom and hindsight (some criticised decisions as they were made but they were certainly the minority) getting hugely on Mel's back (as a whole) when he made the decisions. 

Mac being sacked over the Newcastle fiasco was the closest I'd been to being disappointed but I'd just seen us plummet down the table and easily beaten by Reading so was in an understanding mood when that came about. 

Hindsight is such a BS thing to beat an owner with. He's not out there asset stripping, quite the opposite. He backed managers after years of groaning about managers not being backed. He's no Ellis Short/Venkys/Oystons etc we could do a lot worse. 

I'm not highly critical of MM but I can't say I've agreed with any of his sackings, even Pearson.

His appointments have also been very poor and either gone against the vision that he spelled out to us all or seem to have been done without enough research. That being said I still think he was silly to give these managers the keys to the kingdom if he wasn't prepared to let them see the job through.

Although I'm on the fence regarding what we've seen this season, I am glad that this time MM is standing by his man and who knows, in 3 weeks time he could be reaping the rewards for finally doing so.

8 hours ago, archied said:

Just imagine if we actually win the play offs and go up up !,, there will be an outpouring of negative abuse the like of which has never been seen ,, forum Armageddon 

The vast majority of us will be too busy necking ale and dancing deliriously in the streets to even notice Archie ?

6 hours ago, David said:

Your poll wasn’t pure venom but some of the comments (removed) that followed were, you know my thoughts on the timing, straight off the back of what was a **** game is never going to see a fair assessment, same with the Rowett out polls. Timed for perfection if you’re looking for an army of pitchforks to assemble.

Football is an emotional game, throw in alcohol and the anonymity of the internet and you have all the ingredients for a rage bomb to go off.

I’ve seen suggestions that we’ve even fiddled the polls, only the positive ones though, naturally, which of course is absolute rubbish. 

Derby County Blog ran a poll on Twitter 24hrs after the Burton or Sunderland game, that saw a 70% backing for Rowett. This forums within the hour of the final whilstle saw a 80% pack your bags and don’t show your face around here again. More recent it’s swung the other way, I’ve checked for Russian activity and confirm none has taken place, just the odd Forest and Burnley fan that wouldn’t be enough to sway it a significant amount.

Best time to assess and discuss futures is with a clear head, maybe even now isn’t the time with the hype of the play offs. Couple of weeks after the final kick of a ball, chance to reflect and look back on the season and cast judgement on those in charge.

You speak as if the Burton or Sunderland games were single events, they were not. They were part of a long bad run without many wins. That the last 4 games have turned out well is pleasing but only after change in formation and flexibility that posters had been calling for . The Sunderland performance was one of the worst I have ever seen in over 30 years and in itself justified criticism but it wasn't an isolated event. Don't recall that many  posters wanted the instant sacking of Rowett even after that, rather perhaps at the end of the season. Don't look at polls, only comments and don't think anything like 80% of posters wanted Rowett to pack his bags at that moment. 

16 minutes ago, DRBee said:

You speak as if the Burton or Sunderland games were single events, they were not. They were part of a long bad run without many wins. That the last 4 games have turned out well is pleasing but only after change in formation and flexibility that posters had been calling for . The Sunderland performance was one of the worst I have ever seen in over 30 years and in itself justified criticism but it wasn't an isolated event. Don't recall that many  posters wanted the instant sacking of Rowett even after that, rather perhaps at the end of the season. Don't look at polls, only comments and don't think anything like 80% of posters wanted Rowett to pack his bags at that moment. 

So posters and Craig Ramage turned Derbys season not Gary Rowett and the players. I get it now. 

23 minutes ago, DRBee said:

If you didn't look at the polls then you're in no position to comment then, are you? 

giphy.gif

Archived