The accounts 16/17

ramblur

.......but not yet what you think. I said on the FFP thread that we were lucky in that we only had to look at the football accounts, but quite deliberately said 'thus far'. I knew that at least 3 new companies had been set up just over a year ago - Academy and something catering related were 2, and I'm pretty sure that the other one related to something connected to commercial activities. 

I checked on the Academy,and it's filed accounts for a 13 month period. Not very much to them,but the company does seem to have motor vehicles at a carrying value of £50,787. There seems to be an inter company transaction in current liabilities amounting to £6,312,131, and there's a figure of £339,356 in debtors, which may have to do with Prem funding.

The share capital is £1, which,allied to a loss of £5.921.988, matches the negative net assets of £5,921.988.

Please don't ask me what this all means,as I don't yet know. If I have to end up chasing paper transactions throughout the group, I think I'll just give up. Haven't even looked to see if the other 2 have filed yet, because I expect to see further obscure paper transactions there too.

Luckily, I've not really seen anything that's likely to alter the clubs' accounts. If the motor vehicles are purely used within the Academy, then depreciation on same would probably be FFP exempt anyway (if they'd been held within the club accounts).

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I seem to recall seeing a minibus with the Own the Region branding all over it - suspect it may be that, unless that belongs to DCITC?

Sorry, I don't know about that. It seems clear to me that Mel wants a clearer picture of how the Academy is performing. I'm starting to wonder if the large creditor figure perhaps represents running expenses over a certain period of time. As it's an inter group transaction, I'm hoping that the other 'leg' of the transaction may have an explanatory note attached to it.

Including dormant companies,the group has now expanded to 9 companies. When I was in considerably better health, keeping up with the club's accounts,Gellaw and General Sports (now Global Derby) was fairly demanding, so I'm not going to go through all that now.

The other 2 new companies are:-

Stadia DCFC Ltd  - Sponsorship and broadcasting.

Club DCFC Ltd   - Event & catering activities  ( no free chocolate biscuits). 

Not looking at these 2 yet - already had enough for today.

10 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Academy spending is FFP exempt

....... but there may be some elements that aren't , such as the wages of Academy products that are members of the first team squad. The original FFP guidelines did say that the depreciation of infrastructure (and gave stadia as an example) was FFP exempt,but didn't say anything about vehicles, plant and machinery, computer equipment etc - it could be that these items are also exempt if their use can be identified to the Academy.

These accounts were signed off in February, which means they couldn't have been submitted to the EFL by early December.........meaning they couldn't impact our FFP result....meaning you're right.

Just had a quick look at the other 2, purely to confirm my fear that statements of comprehensive income (P/L if you like) weren't shown, taking advantage of exemptions granted to small companies. This means I won't know if they contain income/expenditure that previously appeared in the club accounts.

Plenty of B/S transactions on both though _ I won't even attempt to trace them all in future. 

2 hours ago, ramblur said:

These accounts were signed off in February, which means they couldn't have been submitted to the EFL by early December.........meaning they couldn't impact our FFP result....meaning you're right.

Flawed logic by me there. If the consoloidated accounts ,courtesy of Sevco 5112 had been signed off before 1st December,they would probably have gone off to the EFL, and as their name suggests, they embrace everything.

Promised myself I would never again look at Sevco, but now I may have no choice, as their consoldated comprehensive income statement may contain income and expenditure relevant to the football club, yet not now included in the club's accounts.

When I first saw these 3 pop up nearly 2 years ago, I sensed hassle on the horizon. I just don't know if I really want the bother of looking at 2 sets of accounts side by side.

3 hours ago, ramblur said:

Sorry, I don't know about that. It seems clear to me that Mel wants a clearer picture of how the Academy is performing. I'm starting to wonder if the large creditor figure perhaps represents running expenses over a certain period of time. As it's an inter group transaction, I'm hoping that the other 'leg' of the transaction may have an explanatory note attached to it.

Including dormant companies,the group has now expanded to 9 companies. When I was in considerably better health, keeping up with the club's accounts,Gellaw and General Sports (now Global Derby) was fairly demanding, so I'm not going to go through all that now.

The other 2 new companies are:-

Stadia DCFC Ltd  - Sponsorship and broadcasting.

Club DCFC Ltd   - Event & catering activities  ( no free chocolate biscuits). 

Not looking at these 2 yet - already had enough for today.

I can’t help you with the accounts Ramblur but if you need any information on recipes, ingredients, mixing, moulding, baking, enrobing, wrapping, packing, storage, haulage or distribution of chocolate biscuits please let me know.

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I can’t help you with the accounts Ramblur but if you need any information on recipes, ingredients, mixing, moulding, baking, enrobing, wrapping, packing, storage, haulage or distribution of chocolate biscuits please let me know.

There may be a vacancy at Club DCFC. No wonder you're always late - I wouldn't fancy that either.:lol:

Any tips on disenrobing?

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

So are we skint or not? ;)

The big fish,though due 31 March, don't tend to surface till mid/late April these days.

35 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I could help you out with the 'eating' part if you like. No charge.

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I was half joking to be honest, I think we are all just glad there is someone here that can make some sense out of it all, so thanks for the effort!

I can give you a taste of it now,probably.....

The difference between this total income and that total income may well be down to companies X,Y &Z. Ditto total expenditure and losses. No way I can try to reconcile anything, because companies X,Y&Z aren't showing comprehensive income statements (can see how that could confuse a few, who might think this would mean total income, as opposed to total income less total expenditure).

At least all of the goodwill arising out of Mel's buy out was immediately written off in total, so no annual amortisation of goodwill to muddy the waters (though I'm probably muttering to myself now). Just means I've got to be ultra cautious in what I say from now on. Starting to feel a bit grumpy.

9 minutes ago, Boycie said:

You rest up @ramblur I know you’re not very well.

Ive had a look at the accounts mesen and everything’s rosy dandy.

Thread closed.

?

I'm fine if I can give utch a prod every now and then. Mind you, if he puts me in the wicker man, there'll be no chance of a cancellation due to snow:ph34r:

Archived