Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

47 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

What didn’t you like about it? I need a new mattress, and people keep telling me to get one. 

Mrs Wolfie used to have one when we got together & I hated it because you sink into them a bit and, while that gives some support, it just made me overheat constantly & wake up sweating. Much prefer a decent sprung mattress. 

5 hours ago, Lambchop said:

What didn’t you like about it? I need a new mattress, and people keep telling me to get one. 

Had the same decision a few years ago, whilst investigating the memory foam mattresses that where good where in the 1000's, so one option suggested was get a good spring mattress and buy a good memory foam cover for it, so opted for that and sleep like a corpse.

36 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Had the same decision a few years ago, whilst investigating the memory foam mattresses that where good where in the 1000's, so one option suggested was get a good spring mattress and buy a good memory foam cover for it, so opted for that and sleep like a corpse.

I must sleep like a copse, based on the ever-present wood when I wake up.

On 3/16/2018 at 09:53, MuespachRam said:

The phrases people use in football  

“the play offs are a lottery”-no they are not, it’s just a crap excuse people roll out when their team don’t win, you never hear anyone saying that the FA Cup is a lottery when it gets to the semi finals do you..?

whilst we are on the subject-penalties are also not a lottery-they are the fairest way to get a result in a game and you can improve your chances by practicing them 

“form goes out of the window in derby games” - while there might be the odd occasion where there is an upset (like there is in all other games throughout the season) generally the better team wins a derby game...ask an Everton fan when was the last time that “form went out the window”

Goals being scored in the “97th minute” no they were not, they were scored in the allotted 90 minutes on the referees watch that has been paused throughout the game for various stoppages in the play  

Technically this is correct though. If a goal is scored in the 20th minute of a game, it will be recorded as such, even if the ref has previously stopped the game, stopped his watch and we've only technically been playing for 16 minutes.

If a goal goes in 97 minutes after the game has started, it's a goal in the 97th minute.  For the purpose of recording the time of the goal, what is actually on the referee's watch at that time is immaterial.

If there's a 10 minute stoppage and a goal goes in 97 minutes after the game has started, even though the time on the ref's watch only says 87 because he stopped it earlier, it's not recorded as a goal in the 87th minute, is it? 

On 26/03/2018 at 20:25, reveldevil said:

Sainsburys printing me a double sided receipt to save paper, and adding on 3 seperate nectar card printed vouchers I'll never use to accompany it.

It probably won't annoy you for much longer. Sainsburys are trialing a scheme to change the Nectar card points system, so you  won't have to put up with the useless vouchers anymore.

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

Can’t remember if I’ve already posted this but posters who use either of the words entitled/entitlement in posts against people with a different opinion to theirs. They seem to be under the impression it adds gravitas to their piety, sorry, just makes them appear like a bozo to me. 

You're entitled to your opinion.

Myself.

BT Sports.

Price of bottled water.

Couriers that ask you to take a neighbours delivery.

Food that display the calories for 100g when it’s a 35g packet.

Cost of passports.

Balding.

Netflix series which are cancelled after 1 season, left on the app without an ending to the storyline.

Maclaren, McLaren.....it’s McClaren.

Grammar Nazis

No WhatsApp or Instagram apps on iPad

Clothes which shorten the arm length when ordering smaller sizes. Just because I have a small chest does not mean I have short arms.

Footballer’s moving to the MLS in their prime.

Carpet fitters.

Dog owners that don’t pick up their poo.

My missus despite training is still not able to successfully pair 2 socks together. 

That one game which destroys your accumulator.

The weather.

People that quote tweet every tweet they reply to.

Wishing people Happy Birthday on Facebook. 

Facebook.

Dentists.

Labour voters.

Conservative voters.

Jeremy Corbyn.

Teresa May.

Donald Trump.

Cordless hoovers which lose all suction just outside the warranty period.

Councillors that decide your bin only needs to be emptied once a fortnite.

Console exclusive games.

The lifespan of an Apple USB cable.