Andreas Weimann

FindernRam

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Derbados said:

If he had any end product he’d have countless goals and assists. His decision making in the final third is atrocious, always has been. 

Johnny Russell 2.0

Sadly I have to agree. One positive, similar to Russell, he will get in so many good positions, he will always chip in with a decent return on goals and assists. But if he only had that little bit more composure and quality on the ball, he’d be lethal.

15 minutes ago, Derbados said:

If he had any end product he’d have countless goals and assists. His decision making in the final third is atrocious, always has been. 

Johnny Russell 2.0

He does often faulter at the last but I'll never knock a grafter like Andi.

He did play a lovely through ball to Nugent for Vydra's goal... credit where credits due?

Unfashionable but he’s been our most consistent widemen this year without a doubt. Works tirelessly and has good movement, shame sometimes his end product lets him down but if he had all the skills to match his reading of what to do, he’d be in the prem. Personally rather watch someone who knows what they’re doing but doesn’t always execute it like weimann, than someone who has all the skills but constantly picks the wrong option and runs into dead ends.

12 minutes ago, Carnero said:

He did play a lovely through ball to Nugent for Vydra's goal... credit where credits due?

And the earlier ball for Vydra that Matej put Nuge in with (should have scored!) 

Key passes from Weimann. 

Thought he had one of his quieter games yesterday but he'll be up for Wednesday's match having been on loan there so recently. 

13 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Indeed. And he started the move that led to nuge’s miss early on.

As others have said his end product isn’t great but his effort is excellent. He seems to be at the same level of fitness throughout the whole of the season so when others are tiring he stays at a consistent level. Perhaps that why he’s been ok over the last few games.

Villa fans told us he wasn’t a winger...

Wired one Weimann , the best we've got at pressing from the front and his work rate going forward and tracking back. Unfortunately though his technical ability is not great and very will be. I suggested a while ago he could be a good answer to our number 9 role. Would get 20 chances a game , may only score 1 though ?.

I think he's benefited so much from Russell going myself - because for the time he's been here until now, it's always seemed like no matter what he did he'd end up being dropped for Ince, Lawrence or Russell, now the spot is his he's loving it and it's breeding confidence and performance in him. Before now I seem to remember he was very good in Clement's team for about five games then got dropped for no reason fr example.

I'd generally agree he's of a similar level to JR, for me Russell always just had a bit more nous about him, where as Andi's more diligent and consistent. And I never like to knock a player who gives his all, which he clearly does.

5 hours ago, Derbados said:

Johnny Russell 2.0

Name me a consistently top winger in this league.....

He's certainly improving, but I still think there's a long way to go with Weimann. Spends far too much time falling to the ground, running over the top of the ball, or sticking his head down and running off to the byline. Definitely a good player to have in the squad, but I personally hope we look to improve the right-hand side this summer. 

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Neeskins Kebano

Floyd Ayite

Aiden Mcgeady 

Robert Snodgrass 

theres four off the top of my head

Think you’ve missed my point entirely.....

Archived