Andreas Weimann

FindernRam

48 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Although they did also say play him down the middle.

Never bought this argument at all.

Weimann's biggest attribute is his fitness, effort and commitment, which is useful when played wide because he can track back and help, which he wouldn't do if played up top. So we would lose that.

His finishing and final ball are awful, which is a key attribute for a number 9 or 10. 

In my mind if we played him down the middle we would lose the best thing about him and gain nothing at all.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whisper........I thought he was ok last season.

if i picked my best 11 it would include at least 3 players i think we should change before him.

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

if i picked my best 11 it would include at least 3 players i think we should change before him.

Depends what offers we get for our players though mate. 

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

Didn’t Darren Bent say that Weimann was the best natural finisher that he had seen when at Villa? You have to wonder, were Villa soooo bad or should Darren not go into scouting/management when he finishes playing?

We’ll probably set Benty on.

4 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Never bought this argument at all.

Weimann's biggest attribute is his fitness, effort and commitment, which is useful when played wide because he can track back and help, which he wouldn't do if played up top. So we would lose that.

His finishing and final ball are awful, which is a key attribute for a number 9 or 10. 

In my mind if we played him down the middle we would lose the best thing about him and gain nothing at all.

OMG yes. 

I'm not saying he's a bad man, just an ordinary footballer!

I think he could play an important role, if  used sparingly. If you cast your mid back to the Hull playof games, in the first leg the pressed up to the halfway line and stiffled us making us look very ordinary. They tried the same in the second leg but Wassall to his credit set up differantly, got Weiman to exploit the space behind their pushed up defence and we looked good. I don't want us set up like that for every game but we can use him as a threat to deter sides from compressing play arround the halfway line by pushing up, allowing us room to play a bit. 

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

And that's kind of it, he was ok. Ok sums him up perfectly. He won't generally be awful simply because of the effort he puts in, and he has occasional moments. So yes, he's ok. And I do like the bloke; his attitude having spent long periods out of the starting team was first class and his attitude on the pitch is outstanding. 

But ultimately I'll judge him on how he affects games positively by way of assists, goals and link up play. And that's not been particularly impressive. 

14 hours ago, caymanram said:

Nice lad. Great attitude. Like him . But he needs  to go.

bit harsh, he good enough to have on the bench and bring him on later in games when players are tired! apart from that i agree hes not good enough for starting 11

19 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

bit harsh, he good enough to have on the bench and bring him on later in games when players are tired! apart from that i agree hes not good enough for starting 11

Anyone on the bench should be good enough to start IMO.

On 15/06/2018 at 18:56, cannable said:

He scored or created a goal every 194 minutes for us. If you take 16/17 out of that, which was an uncharacteristically poor season, then numbers wise he made a direct goal contribution every 156 minutes! 

It was in the build up that he was crap. 

Everybody was gushing over him last season saying ‘Johnny’s back’ because he scored a few but personally I thought he was worse than ever! Dreadful! 

your opinion,in mine it was the end product

Whenever he takes the ball on it looks like a physical duel for him to bring it under control. It's like he is in a rush to do something with it before it rolls away and is lost forever. 

If he's the best natural finisher of any club ever i would be very worried. If you played him down the middle where more than half his work will be with his back to goal and defenders will be much quicker to close him down i could only see him losing possession way more often than he latches onto a through ball. 

He's a winger and he's only really any use at retrieving lost causes and stretching the game. On the ball he's a bit rubbish imo but his speed and energy help the team have a long ball option. Especially with a passer like Huddlestone.

He's good for about 5 touches before the ball wins the duel and runs away

Archived