Thorne

oldtimeram

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Harsh. 

Lawrence is looking at his AA route planner for his next solo adventure. Throw in a stepover? 

Weimann just nervous that he'll be caught by a Lion or Cheetah. Maybe even a poacher for his Antlers

Jerome is PENALTY!! No, ok but he touched me. PENALTY!! He caught my left PENALTY!! leg and PENALTY!! my right ankle. Oh my God how is this referee not seeing this. I'm totally getting penalised for my kicking and elbowing but surely PENALTY!!? REF? PENALTY?! 

Ahem, Jerome is heavily featured in the other game that goes on. He's like Luis Suarez if Luis Suarez was crap

Is he going to start biting people? Would that be the passion we need?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, RamNut said:

We can see with both thorne and forsyth, how hard it is to come back from the injuries they have suffered.

both players should be nowhere near the first team 

they should be the ones out on loan 

Indeed next season is where we will see if they are fully recovered or no longer able to hack it at this level 

People have been saying "when Thorne is back.." and "when Thorne is fit.." for ages. Everytime someone says that to me I give them the same reply: forget it, he's finished. He'll never be what he was.

And there's an argument to be had that what he was wasn't even as good as we made out, either. The "old George Thorne" that we all pine for is based on a 2 month period we saw 4 years ago.

He had a couple of months where he was playing well for us....in a team that was flying in the league and beating everyone in sight....apart from that he has been rubbish. 

As I said at the time we bought him, we paid 4 million pounds for a player who couldn’t get into a really really dog poop West brom side....

I really don’t believe that it is his injury that is impacting his performance I just think we are seeing that this is just how good he is....

When we inevitably fail this season and start to regroup for next year the first thing I would do would be to bomb him and Keogh out of the club, they are the rotten core. 

I wouldn't have given Thorne a new contract until we'd seen he could play again; or if I did it would have been "pay as you play" (which to be fair he might not have signed). But anyhow, we did give him a contract.

Let's just hope that with a pre-season behind him he gets properly fit and starts next season better

I’ll be giving Thorne and Forsyth until the end of September to show their true quality. Unfortunately they have been playing catch up all season and neither have got back to their previous standards. They should be spending the summer getting back to fitness and then proving themselves over the first two months.

Giving thorne, Forsyth, Hanson etc. new contracts in my opinion is bad management by rowett, thorne and Forsyth especially after such serious injuries , they'll never be the same players as before, Hanson just isn't a championship quality player, it's a wonder he hasn't offered Baird a new 3 year deal yet

10 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

I’ll be giving Thorne and Forsyth until the end of September to show their true quality. Unfortunately they have been playing catch up all season and neither have got back to their previous standards. They should be spending the summer getting back to fitness and then proving themselves over the first two months.

I’d agree on Thorne as he does have some talent.As for Forsyth,I don’t know where to start! Can’t tackle,no pace,can’t pass and lacks positional sense.Priority number one signing should be to replace him in the summer-still don’t understand why he got a new contract!?

Thorne not good enough, Forsyth not good enough, offering them new contracts was bad management. It just typifies how bad we are when it comes to dealings in general. Rowett said that teams want more money off us, in reality they just know how stupid we are in the transfer market. 7m for Lawrence, 6m for Johnson and 5m for butterfield will go down as some of the biggest mistakes in recent memory. 

3 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Thorne not good enough, Forsyth not good enough, offering them new contracts was bad management. It just typifies how bad we are when it comes to dealings in general. Rowett said that teams want more money off us, in reality they just know how stupid we are in the transfer market. 7m for Lawrence, 6m for Johnson and 5m for butterfield will go down as some of the biggest mistakes in recent memory. 

All of which were transfers praised by sections of our fanbase. Hindsight is always 20:20 though, and everyone criticising those players now will all say that they knew at the time with 100% certainty that they were bad deals, won't they?

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

All of which were transfers praised by sections of our fanbase. Hindsight is always 20:20 though, and everyone criticising those players now will all say that they knew at the time with 100% certainty that they were bad deals, won't they?

Johnson and Butters were pretty random at the time. Just signing players for the sake of it with no consideration of what our system was or how they'd fit into it.

13 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Johnson and Butters were pretty random at the time. Just signing players for the sake of it with no consideration of what our system was or how they'd fit into it.

Hughes and Bryson getting injured in the first half an hour at Bolton meant that quick decisions were needed.

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

Hughes and Bryson getting injured in the first half an hour at Bolton meant that quick decisions were needed.

Remember that day well. Had a shocking journey up from the smoke.. Then those two injuries, you a right those two signings were forced really.

Archived