Thorne

oldtimeram

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Not even in the squad for Wolves game. Is Thorne injured again? 

I think he's genuinely behind Hanson at the moment in Rowett's pecking order, not seen anything about an injury anywhere and Rowett has mentioned in the week how Johnson and Anya would miss out due to injury. 

I'm hoping he's off somewhere working on his fitness and losing weight - has looked heavy and slow since he came back - I'd write of the rest of this season for him with the intention of getting him up to speed ready for pre-season....

34 minutes ago, curb said:

Total passenger again last night

What else did you expect given that he wasn't in the squad?

Perhaps he just needs a conditioning regime? As people have said he hasn't looked like the Thorne we know and love since he came back and we don't know how much training he gets through. Perhaps he just needs to step back, work hard on the training pitch and come back fit and fresh. I still think the player we hoped he would be when we signed him is in there somewhere.

Think we expect too much too soon from him, both he and Forsyth need to have a season like this if they're going to back to where they were.

Bit unfortunate for both that we've had to play them so often out of necessity. This season is all about blooding them back in and making sure they're sharp for 18/19.

A number of times people on here have said he has been carrying a back injury. I don't know the truth of that, but it does seem that he is not 100% fit, but having been our talisman we pushed for him to play.

A good rest and pre-season will hopefully see him return to his best for us.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

I don’t know what you’ve told me 

In the Post you unpopular opinions thread earlier this or last year i Said George isn't as good as everyone says he is and you responded with tell me why and i will tell you why you are wrong.

3 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

In the Post you unpopular opinions thread earlier this or last year i Said George isn't as good as everyone says he is and you responded with tell me why and i will tell you why you are wrong.

To not think the George of the past was incredible at this level warrants their opinion slaughtering 

30 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

If Rowett thinks that Jamie Hanson can offer more to his team than George Thorne, then I am done. 

Hanson is better currently. Thorne can’t run or pass the ball. He has been awful this season, people should judge him on his performances this season and not 4 years ago. Many need to get over and move on from 13/14 season. Rowett is right to drop Thorne. 

Archived