Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

20 minutes ago, David said:

And mine, they even collect the bin less now yet the bills gone up a tenner a month. Would like to hear Warnock's thoughts on that whilst we're at it. 

tory government cut the central government grant, then the criticise the councils for raising local taxes, and cutting back. 

Win. Win. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colins ranting is just adding spice to the rescheduled game. It should make GRs team talk a lot easier. Should give us that extra motivation to go out and do the business. To be fair to him though it does leave them with a tricky run in if they have to play 6 games in 18 days. Hopefully that swings the pendulum in our favour for the priceless 3pts.

Just now, RamNut said:

tory government cut the central government grant, then the criticise the councils for raising local taxes, and cutting back. 

Win. Win. 

I'm still blaming Keogh for this.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Many are looking out their own windows and it all looks great, others meanwhile are in areas that were hit harder. Below and @angieram a few posts up show a more tricky journey to the game. 

How many won’t be able to make it due to it having to be rearranged on a mid week now, including the thousands of Cardiff fans that were en route to the game?

im not arguing with the call to postpone it, however I’m sure the same  dog was running around in snow v Fulham ?

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Not 100% convinced he just voicing an opinion. Reading between the lines he’s trying to say the postponement isn’t their fault so shouldn’t be ‘punished’ by having three hard away games in a row (think the earliest we can replay will be sandwiched between when they’ll have villa and someone else I think?). That’s all he’s bothered about, the rest about the council/injuries and all that was fluff to try and make a case for it. 

Agreed, what I’m saying is that he is normal is more focussed on his own club and ensuring the best outcome for them rather than anything else.

Just now, AdamRam said:

How many won’t be able to make it due to it having to be rearranged on a mid week now, including the thousands of Cardiff fans that were en route to the game?

im not arguing with the call to postpone it, however I’m sure the same  dog was running around in snow v Fulham ?

Quite a few probably, but those that do make it will do so safely is the answer to this one I guess

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How many fans have to not be able to get in for it to be called off? I've always wondered, is 10 or 20 ... percent of the fanbase?

Well,my lot has5 season tickets and none of us could make it so 100% from Sheffield and Northamptonshire.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Quite a few probably, but those that do make it will do so safely is the answer to this one I guess

That's exactly the answer.

A friend of mine was Safety Officer at Sheffield Wednesday FC and he called a game off once, in consultation with the referee and not SYP, as whilst the pitch,ground and surrounds were okish the conditions slightly further out flagged personal safety concerns as well as possible traffic disruptions.

I obviously want my club to have done no wrong and do not disagree that the postponement probably helps us given the state of our team at the moment, but it's not an arbitrary decision to call a game off it is done within a  framework and with consultation. As far as I am aware Police input would be mainly around the possibility of civil disturbance with it being a legal matter, the Police were not consulted when the Burnley game in the 90's was postponed due to fog.

Match called off Warnock moaning.

Match allowed to take place Cardiff lose, Warnock moaning about how was game allowed to take place.

Face facts, he's a natural born moaner!

To be brutal I really can't be bothered in what he does or does'nt think.

5 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

To be fair to Warnock we picked Pearson ahead of him so you can understand him wanting to have go at us.

Can you imagine Mel and Warnock together ,I would willing pay to be a fly on the wall for their meetings 

56 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I heard that the squad have been in Dubai for the last 4 days and there was no way this game was going to go ahead.

I completely made this up, but look out for my made up story on social media.

No you didn't its true I reads it on Cardiff's web site 

Archived