18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jay Dasilva is the obvious choice. 

We need a left back, absolutely no doubt about that. Olsson can't play for us next season, nor do I think we'll offer him a new deal. Forsyth has shown at times he's not completely incapable of getting to the level that he was, but I wouldn't trust him as a first choice going into next season. Lowe is obviously talented, but he in hindsight he perhaps should have ensured he joined a team where his position wasn't in doubt. 

Dasilva, in comparison, went to Charlton and won POTY. The only concern I would have is that he's very small. 

In all honesty, there is no shortage in players we could have been looking at regardless of position. I'd also look to take a chance on Kieran Dowell. He's got a lot of ability. Karanka really, really took him backwards towards the end of the season, though. 

How refreshing though to see Frank and Jody at the tournament watching players....This is something I can't remember Rowett ever doing, I like the fact they're going to back there own judgment by the looks of it rather than relying on our quality scouting department!!!....This partnership already looks very promising, definitely doing there homework....fantastic to see 

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The only concern I would have is that he's very small. 

That’s only a concern for his girlfriend, doesn’t bother me in the slightest. Didn’t stop Shackell having a decent enough career

1 hour ago, Saity said:

How refreshing though to see Frank and Jody at the tournament watching players....This is something I can't remember Rowett ever doing, I like the fact they're going to back there own judgment by the looks of it rather than relying on our quality scouting department!!!....This partnership already looks very promising, definitely doing there homework....fantastic to see 

I suspect he did. We just never heard about it as the tabloids didn’t fawn over his every move.

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Jay Dasilva is the obvious choice. 

We need a left back, absolutely no doubt about that. Olsson can't play for us next season, nor do I think we'll offer him a new deal. Forsyth has shown at times he's not completely incapable of getting to the level that he was, but I wouldn't trust him as a first choice going into next season. Lowe is obviously talented, but he in hindsight he perhaps should have ensured he joined a team where his position wasn't in doubt. 

Dasilva, in comparison, went to Charlton and won POTY. The only concern I would have is that he's very small. 

In all honesty, there is no shortage in players we could have been looking at regardless of position. I'd also look to take a chance on Kieran Dowell. He's got a lot of ability. Karanka really, really took him backwards towards the end of the season, though. 

Jay Dasilva is really promising and would be a great fit to solve our long running lb problem (I've never rated Forsyth, and can't remember the last time I genuinely felt comfortable with who we had at lb).  I also suspect that with Lamps and Jody, it might be possible to get him on a cheap permanent as, as good as he is, I'm not convinced Chelsea will view him as a priority.

43 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

I suspect he did. We just never heard about it as the tabloids didn’t fawn over his every move.

I suspect he didn't ....who did he sign then that needed scouting ???? 

Good point @MK-Ram about potentially getting Da Silva on the cheap. It’s unlikely he will ever be a starter for Chelsea and they currently have Alonso, Emerson and Baba ahead of him. 

Leicester bought a number of Man Utd youth players on the cheap a few years ago-De Laet, Matty James, Drinkwater, Lawrence and made huge profit. It’s definitely an area to exploit as if it doesn’t go well, a team is unlikely to lose much but if they do well,mega profit can be made.

2 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

Jay Dasilva is really promising and would be a great fit to solve our long running lb problem (I've never rated Forsyth, and can't remember the last time I genuinely felt comfortable with who we had at lb).  I also suspect that with Lamps and Jody, it might be possible to get him on a cheap permanent as, as good as he is, I'm not convinced Chelsea will view him as a priority.

He did nothing to really shine in the U21s last night - Lowe would easily be as good. Just cos he's at Chelsea youth doesn't mean he's any good.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He did nothing to really shine in the U21s last night - Lowe would easily be as good. Just cos he's at Chelsea youth doesn't mean he's any good.

He was the player of the year at Charlton, whereas Lowe couldn’t get into the Shrewsbury team over a poor left back(Beckles). I rate Lowe but we shouldn’t be relying on him to be our starting lefty back as he’s injury prone. 

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

He was the [FANS] player of the year at Charlton, whereas Lowe couldn’t get into the Shrewsbury team over a poor left back(Beckles). I rate Lowe but we shouldn’t be relying on him to be our starting lefty back as he’s injury prone. 

Beckles wasn't the main left back, he was a centre-half stand-in and I think Lowe did play, says 12 appearances on Wiki. Still no reason to get over-excited about DaSilva. All 5' 7" of him! Lol.

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

Good point @MK-Ram about potentially getting Da Silva on the cheap. It’s unlikely he will ever be a starter for Chelsea and they currently have Alonso, Emerson and Baba ahead of him. 

Leicester bought a number of Man Utd youth players on the cheap a few years ago-De Laet, Matty James, Drinkwater, Lawrence and made huge profit. It’s definitely an area to exploit as if it doesn’t go well, a team is unlikely to lose much but if they do well,mega profit can be made.

Luis Van Gaal also assembled a team out of young players at AZ Alkmaar and they didnt do too badly

But youth is a great area to get an eventual return in money, but only if they play! 

7 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

I didn't mind Fozzy in the Mac 1 phase. But other than that you'd probably have to go back as far as Chris Powell for a quality Derby LB! 

5 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Has someone regularly seen Da Silva play?

I watched the playoff games and at those, he didn't look like an improvement to what we have now.

He's similar to Max Lowe. Fast, attacking footballer with a decent cross on him, but quite short and, at times, not physical enough. 

52 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

He's similar to Max Lowe. Fast, attacking footballer with a decent cross on him, but quite short and, at times, not physical enough. 

Not knowing Lampard's favoured formation, this is purely speculation - but if we play with wing backs and a back 3, physicality becomes less important in that position.

Archived